Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Crime and Punishment

Crime and Punishment Crimes affecting our state and communities. Manhunts, wanted posters, Arrests, and sentences.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-03-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
So the wife is staying on?
Some family members will continue the ranching probably. His sons worked the ranch with him. Some articles have the ranch at 34,000 and 35,000 acres, and some said 38,000. Which ever is right doesn't matter, it's still a big ranch.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Some family members will continue the ranching probably. His sons worked the ranch with him. Some articles have the ranch at 34,000 and 35,000 acres, and some said 38,000. Which ever is right doesn't matter, it's still a big ranch.
Sure, it's a big ranch. And if the old guy were in the way on the border there, that might have been a reason to have him killed.

My sense is that our borders have many parts where land owners are not exactly sympathetic with border security. Land ownership can come and go.

But if this were a family farm, the remaining family is more likely to uphold whatever attitudes the senior Krentz held. And I assume that he upheld border security. Maybe he didn't and a lax attitude was what found him in a confrontation.

We deserve more details as to how this particular border spot was managed by both the authorities and the land owner.

Quote:

For his part, Krentz was well known in the area as a rancher who was kind to illegal immigrants he found on his property, despite having been robbed by them once. “You know, if they come in and ask for water, I'll still give them water," he told PBS's "Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly" in 1999. “You know, that's just my nature."

Krentz’s brother, however, had called border patrol agents the day before the killing. The agents stopped a caravan of illegal immigrants carrying 280 pounds of marijuana, raising the possibility of the crime being retaliation.