Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-18-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Wow. Suggesting that somebody prepare a speech and rehearse it hardly qualifies as posing as some kind of expert on public speaking. It so happens I do have some experience with public speaking and have proven myself with the basics, at least. I'd participate in politics more, but I have no transportation.

I'll say it again, it was good to see the AG show up even if he couldn't rustle up some clothes to do it in. Good job, AG.
It's called a left handed compliment, or some would say passive aggressive. But what ever someone wants to call it, your criticism was uncalled for. That along with your wanting to argue with just about everything is just a bit over the top.

You are a bright person, yet some things allude you. We all have opinions, experiences and standards that may be different from yours, yet they are just as valid as anyone's.

If your criticism of AG speaking at this council meeting had been an isolated incident it would have carried more weight, yet criticism spews out of you continually, and in this incident it was definitely uncalled for. You can try to brush it away as a "just giving advice" but sometimes it's better to stand up or shut up. You're smart, you figure it out.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post

You are a bright person, yet some things allude you. We all have opinions, experiences and standards that may be different from yours, yet they are just as valid as anyone's.

Jean, you might be a bright person, but it is mighty hard to tell. It's hard to tell if some things allude you or you just make things up in spite of glaring evidence to the contrary. You might have opinions, experiences and standards that are different from my own, but have absolutely nothing to do with my posts. Please keep your opinions about my posts to yourself and out of print.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:15 PM
SOS Associate

Twoller, I am an impromptu kinda guy, so that is pretty much the norm for me. If you listen to the others speak, then watch the council, they pretty much tune the ones out who are reading from a script. My effort was one to engage them a little. The name calling thing was prevalent from the council and the ones like the police chief who were speaking from an official position. they called our neighboring state officials, and the constituency there racists, bigots, etc. Calling them hypocrites was very applicable and deserved in this instance, and I might add, not really showing poor manners as if I called them fools, jackasses, or similar.
On the clothing note....well, we take donations if you want us to represent you a little more esthetically
Old 06-19-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Twoller, I am an impromptu kinda guy, so that is pretty much the norm for me. If you listen to the others speak, then watch the council, they pretty much tune the ones out who are reading from a script. My effort was one to engage them a little. The name calling thing was prevalent from the council and the ones like the police chief who were speaking from an official position. they called our neighboring state officials, and the constituency there racists, bigots, etc. Calling them hypocrites was very applicable and deserved in this instance, and I might add, not really showing poor manners as if I called them fools, jackasses, or similar.
On the clothing note....well, we take donations if you want us to represent you a little more esthetically
I'd be happy to oblige. Send me a shirt size and some address and I'll be sure to keep you in mind.

Sorry, but calling people names is always bad manners even when bad manners are being exchanged tit for tat. Best to keep things as sober as possible.

Reading from a script is not the same thing as a preparing a speech. Some of the greatest orations in the history of the world were perpared speeches.

And it's always best to assume the least amount of knowledge on the part of the audience, especially regarding who you are and what you have been up to.

Last edited by Twoller; 06-19-2010 at 08:43 PM.