Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-05-2010, 08:25 PM

Default Gub Candidate steps in it on 2A forum

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=141
Old 01-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Oh my! And Liberty Belle is there to save the day
Old 01-09-2010, 11:24 AM
SOS Associate

She's beyond "Stepped in it"
Shades of "I'minDisbelief"?

Quote:
Thank you! Yes, it is quite alarming to come to come to a community in which I support so adamently, only to be attacked. These are my views, and I am running for governor. I understood the title of forum correctly right? 2A. Politics and Laws..yes?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightingaleforGovernor10'
As Chelene the Person and as Chelene candidate, I believe I am most aware of who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelene
First, I appreciate the supporter who posted on my behalf, however I did not write the posts above. I did however write the article for an independent news source.

WTF is going on here now?
Quote:
An excellent question.

Rather obviously and by self-admission both accounts are being used by the same person.

Per the rules that everyone agrees to when joining the forum:
b)No multiple registrations.

Either you failed to read what you agreed to, you chose to ignore the rules or you chose to go back on what you agreed to as a condition for being a member here.

None of these options are what I consider 'good things' in a candidate for public office.

Quote:
Kes there are also multiple single posters joined in 2009 on the other thread that they/she posted in, with links to her website.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBooty
Most likely a campaign staffer wrote the OP.

She is saying outright that it is her in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightingaleforGovernor10'
As Chelene the Person and as Chelene candidate, I believe I am most aware of who I am.

Both accounts were made a few weeks ago so it's not a case of responding via the staffer's account and then making her own to respond.

Right now I'm not taking a real position on her candidacy, I'm more concerned about the fact that we have rules and they are being broken.

However it does stick in my mind that using apparently disingenuous means to ask for my trust in a public leadership position is not the best move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelene View Post
Look...I cannot be held responsible for what supporters write on a forum. I did NOT write the Nightingale posts. I came in here and established ONE membership and did NOT break any forum rules with my ONE account. I do not appreciate the false accusation. I have helped monitor a forum before that focused on illegal immigration and secured borders. I do not need to hide behind multiple names. I have emailed the campaign staff and volunteers and asked them not to post as me!! I can speak for myself!

I was asked to post here last month by a longtime member here. She is a friend from activism. I posted once last month and came here today when a staff member asked if I had visited this site.

I wrote the article that someone else posted! No one writes my articles nor my speeches. Calling me an idiot does not bother me as I have been called much worse. I only care about doing my part to help defend our individual rights. It takes courage to speak publicly on your convictions and run for office. At least I am taking action.

And holding a nose to vote is why we are having our rights taken away! I did a quick google search and one of the top results produced this article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-26553-LA-H...-Heir-Apparent Per the article, former Governor "Moonbeam" is known for being on BOTH sides of an issue, including the gun issue. I do not support BOTH sides...I support ONE side only - FREEDOM! I do not support gun control!

And regarding the tide of majority with respects to voting, the polls are in:
http://www.ppic.org/main/home.asp
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/1...d-republicans/
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...generic_ballot

Our campaign is raising funds, but unlike the wealthy two-party elite candidates, we are not going to recklessly spend. We will build our campaign foundation and work diligently. I am a fighter and will continue to fight for freedom. I have been active in politics for over 5 years with many accomplishments and I do not give up easily.

And for those who wish to contact me directly, email me at Chelene@Nightingaleforgovernor.com.

PS. Having run a forum before, you can always check IP addresses which should take care of any questions and confirm that this is my ONE account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Way to really put a good face on your candidate's campaign!!
You do know that by representing yourself as her supporter and then acting like, well, this, you're doing far more harm than good right?

You can 'give up and lie down' if you want, that's your choice.
Me, I'm going to keep working in the realm of reality to make things better.

And no, I'm not a Political Consultant, I'm just the guy who's name is on the 'Deed' to Calguns.
Way to make friends and influence people...
Quote:
Of course she does, you have the same IP address as 'NightingaleforGovernor10''/James/Chelene!

I suspect that you would vote for her/yourself!

Now, since I'm not fond of people playing registration games with me, I get to play with you!
Quote:
Really??

I assume 'NightingaleforGovernor10' goes to the same library then eh?

Try not to call me stupid DIRECTLY to my face okay?
It doesn't make the hole any less deep.
Quote:
Alright, that'll be enough of that.

You come here lying to us, calling people names and being completely fraudulent in how you present yourself.

I like games as much as the next person but you're getting on my bad side and that's not good.

Let's see how you like MY games...
Quote:
It's very convoluted...

We have one account 'NightingaleforGovernor10'' which at first made comments identifying themselves as Ms. Nightengale.

Then another account 'Chelene' saying that it was her on her own account and that the 'NightingaleforGovernor10'' account was a staffer.

Then the 'NightingaleforGovernor10'' account said "No, my name is John Baldwin" which happens to be the name of Ms. Nightengale's Campaign Manager.

So as of yesterday it was unclear whether 'NightingaleforGovernor10'' was Ms. Nightengale or Mr. Baldwin.

Now today we have a third player, the member formerly known as 'navyj55' now known as 'Dupe Troll Account'.
This member has a singular IP address that matches the singular IP address of 'NightingaleforGovernor10''. When asked he/she claims that he/she is at a public library.

So somehow we are to believe that the public library has the identical static IP address as the campaign headquarters and that the public library uses Roadrunner business class ISP.

This is a long way of saying no we really don't know who is who and announcing your campaign on a forum with multiple layers of untruths is really really bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelene View Post
Thank you L.B.! I appreciate the phone call today.

I immediately took action today once my friend informed me of what was taking place in this forum.

First, I gave NO one permission to ever post or pose as me on any forum, blog, etc...My good friend L.B. invited me to post on this site which I did once last month (until the last couple of days). The matter has been dealt with in the appropriate manner.

Second, our campaign team is in order. This is the FIRST mistake someone from the team made and it was dealt with quickly. To err is human. I am sure there will be many other mistakes...it is life. I have observed the other campaigns/candidate making numerous mistakes. Whitman declaring she loves Van Jones; Brown caught taping phone calls without permission; and the list goes on.

I can not rectify a problem if I am not aware of the problem. I did NOT ask Mr. Baldwin to post on this site, although he was made aware of the site when I mentioned my friend L.B. informed me of this site. I am working on this campaign morning, noon, and night and since our campaign is doing far better than expected, I am much busier than anticipated, thus I do not have time to monitor every Internet action by other people.

The ONLY membership name by me here is this one. It is impossible that any of the other IPs would match my own. Having managed a forum I too am not fond of mulitple member names as it is deceptive in my opinion.

For those who would rather vote for Jerry Brown in hopes that he will keep your 2A safe..bear in mind his deception in his own office, former state management, and his current ACORN dealings.

For anyone who wants to "confront" me in person..be my guest! I invite any member here to attend any campaign event to meet me in person. Besides I did nothing wrong here..I was falsely accused here. In fact those who wanted me to PM them could have done the same. In addition I have posted my email address more than once here so feel free to contact me.

No, I am not a poltician, I am a frustrated American willing to do what others are not...I don't just talk, I do the walk! I did not accept the invitation to run for this office lightly, but in the end, I decided to accept the challenge as I am NOT going to ever support the "lesser of two evils" again! Thankfully per the polls, the majority feels the same and many are predicting many third party wins nationwide in 2010 and 2012.

For the person who wants to know my campaign strategy..sorry but like in football you don't let the other team know how you are going to play the game. I can tell you that I have some great consultants and upcoming endorsements. And if you have specific questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you again LB. And to the moderators, my sincere apologies for someone else's actions.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:55 PM

Thanks for posting that AG. Yup, does bring back memories of Imindisbelief. As time goes on I have less and less respect for her. I'm not as angry as some others are with her and they have good cause, but slowly her true colors are showing through.

In the end, she'll be left with memories of her "run for governor" and a scrap book. I guess there are worse ways to spend your time. I just don't see that ladder she's trying to climb having too many rungs. It's more like a step stool that she can place in the corner while wearing a dunce cap. Oh well, I don't wish her bad luck, she's not going anywhere anyway. But that job she's looking for may happen. That's what she wants, a job. It's just that Craigslist just wasn't her style.

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 01-09-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:22 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
In the end, she'll be left with memories of her "run for governor" and a scrap book. I guess there are worse ways to spend your time..
I imagine there have been worse examples of spening other people's money too.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I imagine there have been worse examples of spening other people's money too.
What, are you saying you contributed to her campaign AG? How much, come on I want to know. All that money you've been saving in your piggybank? Well if people contributed to her and didn't do much research, then a fool and his money are soon parted.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:57 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
What, are you saying you contributed to her campaign AG? How much, come on I want to know.
Of course; You know what they say...Follow the money
Old 01-09-2010, 03:39 PM

As Bonfire said to me once, "Wow".