Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-13-2011, 03:41 PM

Default Its been a while

I'm busy over on my forum
http://www.patriotscorner.com/forums/index.php

But I still get here every other day or so to read the board

Whats the take here on the election , where is everyone
lining up?
We have 2 good choices right know , Bachmann and Romney, I'm prepared to argue for both of them

Our biggest battle right now is against Perry , he is the neo con choice and must be dumped asap.
His is the "mccain" of this election and we can't let it happen , at least thats how I see it.

How do you all feel ?
Old 08-13-2011, 03:41 PM

Bachmann won the Iowa straw poll but thats neither here nor there , just information
Old 08-13-2011, 03:52 PM
SOS Associate

If it's about immigration, Bachmann is going to get my attention thus far.
Romney has proven himself a liberal.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:56 AM

Default Reply:

USA

First things first. I'm still banned on your website under my user name wetibbe and password of the time.

It was Irish Kate who banned me 3 - 4 years ago. I plundered around and found some of your old posts apparently back a year or 2 lamenting that Kate had left. Is she gone ? If so what sense is there of my continuing ban if the person who threw a hussy fit over a joke, that she wasn't even involved in, isn't there any more ?

FYI I'm on your site now under two different user names and different passwords and E-mail addresses. I registered just to make a point. However, I have never posted anything there under those names for two reasons. First I do not use pseudonyms. And Second I do not use subterfuge.

I'm also on Gheens website under other names but will not post there either.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

Now to the straw pole and political candidates.

The Iowa straw poll is essentially a worthless joke promoted by the media and particularly by Fox news. The results are basically worthless in the grand scheme of things.

Michelle Bachmann: She's a conservative female that I appreciate more than Nancy Pelosi for example. But she isn't qualified to occupy the oval office and deal with global threats and international politics.

Ron Paul: I know that he has some big fans here. He has some really good opinions but also some that are squirreley. He's unelectable.

Tom Pawlenty: Dropped out this morning.

Mitt Romney. Presently my choice. He won't participate in straw polls. That's one reason that the straw poll results are worthless. Romney has some relatives all over Mexico. He made some mistakes as Governor of Massachusetts However:

I can't depend on any of these candidates to actually implement their campaign promises after being elected. They all renege - both parties.

Former New York City Mayor Ed Koch said if there are 12 points to a candidates positions and you agree with 9 go for it.

None are perfect. Unfortunately we must also factor in their appeal to a base broad enough to get elected. Take Sarah Palin. I like most of what she says but she doesn't have a chance. Ron Paul - no chance at all for ever getting elected.

Some of these candidates are very savvy. They will shape their position to the people who they are addressing then reshape it elsewhere to fit the crowds mood and liking. Bill Clinton was a great example. He would say anything he thought the crowd wanted to hear then flip flop on the next crowd.

Usually the elected President of either party starts off big and popular but by the end of 8 years the people hate him.

That's American politics. It stinks but it is the best system going. It sure beats the Monarchy, Kings, Queens, dictators, tyrants, Saddam Hussein, Joseph Stalin, Moammar Gaddafi, Syria's Assad, Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Korea's nut job Kim Jong Il, Chinas Ho Jintao, Iran's lunatic Ahmedenijad, and the Muslim clerics, the Taliban and yes even Mexico Vicente Fox, and Felipe Calderon

Last edited by wetibbe; 08-14-2011 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:41 AM

I wouldn't want you to vote against your hearts.

I believe the root of the problem with illegal immigration is the ability we have given others to print up what ever it takes to get their way.

Please forgive me for repeating this post;

When I started looking into where the money was coming from to buy off the politicians and subvert the immigration laws of the world, I came across what may be the root of many of our problems. Fiat Money.

No matter how much real money people can put together to build their countries the way they want there are those that can print up what ever it takes to get their way.

Maybe this will help make the danger of fiat money clear.

Imagine you and me are setting across from each other. We create enough money to represent all of the world's wealth. Each one of us has one SUPER Dollar in front of him.

You own half of everything and so do I.

I'm the government though. I get bribed into creating a Central Bank.

You're not doing what I want you to be doing so I print up myself eight more SUPER Dollars to manipulate you with.

All of a sudden your SUPER Dollar only represents one tenth of the wealth of the world!

That isn't the only thing though. You need to get busy and get to work because YOU'VE BEEN STIFFED with the bill for the money I PRINTED UP to get YOU TO DO what I WANTED.

That to me represents what has been happening to the economy, and us, and why so many of our occupations just can't keep up with the fake money presses.

We are going to have to regain control of our government before we can regain control of our currency. We are going to have to regain control of our currency before we can regain control of our country.

Ron Paul is the only candidate that understands we need to regain control of our currency. He has proposed returning the value of our currency to stability by tying its value to other commodities such as gold. I'm sure he understands their isn't enough gold or silver to have a dollars worth in a vault representing each dollar. It does need to be tied down in such a way as it is hard to manipulate its value or counterfeit like is now being done with abandon. We could have an honest dollar now if the supply varied with the increase and decrease of the wealth we have in the system. It has to be taken out of the hands of crooks. A dollar should be something you can bank on.

Actually I listened to Ron Paul for several years and though he does say things that concern me about illegal immigration, he also has many positive points on the topic. Plus you have the word of a man that speaks his truth. He has been making the same speeches for decades. They don't change as the wind blows.

I didn't like everything about The Honorable Ronald Reagan but he got more of the things I believed in done than I figure I could have got done myself in his position. I have the same faith in Ron Paul.

Ron Paul!

Last edited by StokeyBob; 08-15-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:25 AM

Default Romney replies:

I endorsed Mitt Romney and today I received a letter of acknowledgement from "him" or the campaign staff with an auto-penned signature.

As to Michelle Bachman, I am sorry to say that I cannot engender any enthusiasm. All the more so after listening to Rick Perry telling about his pilots C-130 Air Force commission and commandment of 20,000 national guard.

Michelle is a small framed fluff, cute but full of verbiage short of substance. My seeing her as commander in chief of our macho Armed Forces is absurd in the ultimate.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
I endorsed Mitt Romney and today I received a letter of acknowledgement from "him" or the campaign staff with an auto-penned signature.

As to Michelle Bachman, I am sorry to say that I cannot engender any enthusiasm. All the more so after listening to Rick Perry telling about his pilots C-130 Air Force commission and commandment of 20,000 national guard.

Michelle is a small framed fluff, cute but full of verbiage short of substance. My seeing her as commander in chief of our macho Armed Forces is absurd in the ultimate.
Wow, reading through the lines. How's Mitt's stand on immigration? Has he stopped changing his stance on it?
Old 08-17-2011, 04:33 AM

Default Romney

I didn't say Mitt was the perfect candidate. Like most, in the past, sometimes I have to hold my nose and vote. But as I look at the field and the choices, he looks best to me at this time.

But, this AM Fox news released the latest poll results.Texas Governor Rick Perry skyrocketed past Mitt Romney 27% to 18% with Michelle Bachmann running a distant third. And the others like Ron Paul, Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich down in single digits.

Mitt said on TV, during the debate, that he was for securing the border. His other position on immigration enforcement isn't very clear. However, he seems to be quite a bit more acceptable than Rick Perry on illegal immigration.

It's waste of time to comment on Michelle Bachmann's response to the question: " Was she submissive to her husband" *( Stated long ago in some church group ). Her reply: That's a term of "respect" for my husband". Bernie Goldberg blasted her virtually calling her a hack politician for mixing and churning the meaning of words i.e. submissive and respect are not synonymous and do not have the same meaning.

To explain my support for Romney:

Our present economy is far more dangerous that illegal aliens. I believe Mitt can get it straightened out. From my own perspective, I'm retired and on social security. I do have several investments only ONE of which is making money. One CD is actually paying 0.075$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's 3/4Th's of one percent !!! Obama won't give seniors a SS cost of living adjustment. Says there is no inflation.

My Village property tax increased 13.8% this year. School tax proposed increase was 13%. Gasoline in New Jersey is now $4.85 for regular and New York gasoline is universally 20 cents per gallon higher due to taxes.

I opened "College Fund" mutual funds for three grandchildren several years ago. They have floundered around, breaking even or losing money. Earlier this year they were worth less than my original investment. A month ago they had gained under $100 in value, each. Now recently they have probably lost money again and are surely below original worth.

I'm pretty well set in life. I own my home outright, no mortgage, no credit card debts, no debts at all. I can live on my income and pay my taxes. Some of my grandchildren are just starting in life, two in their early 20's and one teen. All will be faced with this disastrous economic catastrophe in the future.

My criteria for a President is someone who can save the nation from this mess and get the economy back on track. Illegal immigrants are secondary. They do not impact me directly.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
I didn't say Mitt was the perfect candidate. Like most, in the past, sometimes I have to hold my nose and vote. But as I look at the field and the choices, he looks best to me at this time.

But, this AM Fox news released the latest poll results.Texas Governor Rick Perry skyrocketed past Mitt Romney 27% to 18% with Michelle Bachmann running a distant third. And the others like Ron Paul, Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich down in single digits.

Mitt said on TV, during the debate, that he was for securing the border. His other position on immigration enforcement isn't very clear. However, he seems to be quite a bit more acceptable than Rick Perry on illegal immigration.

It's waste of time to comment on Michelle Bachmann's response to the question: " Was she submissive to her husband" *( Stated long ago in some church group ). Her reply: That's a term of "respect" for my husband". Bernie Goldberg blasted her virtually calling her a hack politician for mixing and churning the meaning of words i.e. submissive and respect are not synonymous and do not have the same meaning.

To explain my support for Romney:

Our present economy is far more dangerous that illegal aliens. I believe Mitt can get it straightened out. From my own perspective, I'm retired and on social security. I do have several investments only ONE of which is making money. One CD is actually paying 0.075$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's 3/4Th's of one percent !!! Obama won't give seniors a SS cost of living adjustment. Says there is no inflation.

My Village property tax increased 13.8% this year. School tax proposed increase was 13%. Gasoline in New Jersey is now $4.85 for regular and New York gasoline is universally 20 cents per gallon higher due to taxes.

I opened "College Fund" mutual funds for three grandchildren several years ago. They have floundered around, breaking even or losing money. Earlier this year they were worth less than my original investment. A month ago they had gained under $100 in value, each. Now recently they have probably lost money again and are surely below original worth.

I'm pretty well set in life. I own my home outright, no mortgage, no credit card debts, no debts at all. I can live on my income and pay my taxes. Some of my grandchildren are just starting in life, two in their early 20's and one teen. All will be faced with this disastrous economic catastrophe in the future.

My criteria for a President is someone who can save the nation from this mess and get the economy back on track. Illegal immigrants are secondary. They do not impact me directly.
Count yourself lucky, illegals impact me greatly and on a daily basis. California may be forgotten in your world, but not in ours. We need someone who is passionate about doing something and making it a priority. Those candidates are not some of your preferred. But we here in Calif are being sucked dry and quite a bit of your Fed tax dollars are coming this direction. Something to think about.

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 08-17-2011 at 01:25 PM.