Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-18-2010, 02:14 AM

Default Activist of the moment

The San Bernardino County knucklehead who along with Teresa Parra sought to allow illegal aliens the right to vote in local affairs - Gil Navarro, School board member, assembly candidate, MAPA associate, nutball racist who is extremely fond of the words "Navy veteran".

Listen to this piece of work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcbC7vPuFpA

His white washed bio:

Quote:
Gil Navarro was born in Los Angeles, California on June 27, 1942. He worked for the IBM Corporation for eleven and a half years, after serving two years of active duty with the US Navy. [Isn't the Navy a four year gig? Why so short?] As a Navy Veteran, he gave an oath to defend this country, with his life if necessary, but fortunately that did not have to happen. [And why not?] In November of 2006, the registered voters recognized his commitment to the community and his potential for leadership and elected him as a San Bernardino County School Board Member (area D, which includes the San Bernardino Unified School District - the seventh largest school district in California, and the Rialto Unified School District).

Gil has two children form a previous marriage [If one has only been married once, how can one have a "previous" marriage?]. After losing his wife to cancer, he raised his three sons on his own. As a single parent, he quickly realized that he needed to keep himself better informed of the progress his three sons were making in school. For the last eighteen years, Gil Navarro has advocated for children in the public school system. He has represented children with learning disabilities and assisted students with community college and university enrollment. He has also given parents and guardians of young students, the necessary training they need to advocate for their kids. As a [Two Year] Navy veteran, a single parent, and a public official Gil Navarro is more than qualified to provide strong leadership to the Inland Empire and tackling the issues of our Assembly District.
It doesn't mention Navy Veteran or IBM, but Navarro's employment history here shows only Mexican American Political Association and his school board post. I haven't verified it yet, but I found a statement that he made ten failed bids for elected office before he was elected to the school board.

Quote:
Background for Gil Navarro
Employment History

county
Mexican American Political Association

Board Memberships and Affiliations

Board Member
County School
School Trustee
county
Board Member
San Bernardino County School
San Bernardino County Board of Education
Trustee
San Bernardino County Board of Education
Board Member
San Bernardino Democratic Luncheon Club

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Navar..._98443639.aspx

2006 SB Sun article headlined Immigration issue driving school races describing Navarrro, Joe Turner, and Alexis Ashley running for the school board http://www.sbsun.com/vote/ci_4187292

Somehow the Navy is dedicated only to the mission of "Latino advocacy"...

Quote:
Taking the microphone at Tuesday's meeting, Navarro introduced himself as an education advocate and said, "I'm also a [Two year] Navy veteran. And I gave the oath to my country to lay down my life against bigots and racist dogs like Ruben Lopez."

Navarro said after the meeting that he believes Lopez is racist because of his views and his friendship with Joseph Turner, a vociferous anti-illegal immigration activist who says he dislikes illegal immigration - not Latinos. http://sbschoolboard.info/headlines/...to-walkout.htm

Evidently Navarro is into degrees of racial and "ethnic" "purity" with his own racial and ethnic mixture somehow up to his own standards...

Quote:
“We’ve gone backwards,” Navarro said. “We had Latinos run and none were elected. This validates my concerns.”

But Wall identifies himself as Latino. He was born in Albuquerque and said his mother’s family can be traced to New Mexico’s colonial days. His grandparents, Wall said, are buried in Los Lunas – just a few miles from Belen, New Mexico, where Rep. Joe Baca, D-San Bernardino, was born.

“I may be the first Latino chairman,” he said. “I don’t know if there’s been one in the past. So Gil’s concern about having Latinos on the central committee is kind of a moot point now.”

Navarro, though, said that’s not enough. He said the leadership of the county party should more accurately represent the county’s diversity.

“He’s a half (Latino),” Navarro said. “A half does not represent the Latino demographics of the county.” http://inlandpolitics.com/blog/2010/...ects-officers/

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-18-2010 at 03:21 AM.