Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-28-2010, 04:05 PM

Default Arizona Leading the March Back to Sovereignty

Arizona Leading the March Back to Sovereignty

By Peter Huessy | May 28, 2010

Arizona’s new immigration law is a copy of a 1940 Federal statute requiring non-citizens to show their papers. It allows local and state law enforcement to join in the fight to stop illegal immigration. Open border advocates are opposed. So-called civil libertarians are aghast. Why? It is simple. If local and state police can enforce our immigration laws, that will add enormously to the number of “good guys” going after the “bad guys.” In addition, that means a real dent could be made in the flow of unlawful migrants into the United States from Mexico. And those people illegally in America, living and working here, many would over time probably go home.
Instead of surrendering to the inevitable flow of people from around the world coming to America, the United States would re-establish its sovereignty over its own territory. In his recent address to Congress, President Calderon of Mexico sneered at such an idea by literally daring the United States to control its borders. Many liberals in the audience applauded his condemnation of the new Arizona law.
On the other side, conservative members of Congress were urging the administration to send National Guard troops to our southern border to help bring back some, well, law and order. Jan Brewer, the Arizona Governor, asked that we send drones to help with surveillance. Arizona Sen. McCain called for some 6,000 new soldiers for the border.
In a surprise, the administration yesterday pledged 1,200 National Guard to be sent to the border. Added surveillance would be their job. The cost: $500 million. It looks like a lot of money. But by comparison, for example, we spend $720 million a year sending condoms to the third world.
And elsewhere in America, organizations such as La Raza, Maldef, LULAC, and Azlatan get millions in public money to keep the border open. In my state of Maryland, Casa de Maryland openly helps migrants illegally in the United States. It receives $4 million from the state of Maryland and Montgomery County out of a total budget of $9.5 million a year. Amazingly, President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela’s gives them $1 million a year.
Illegal immigration costs Maryland taxpayers at least $1.4 billion a year in health, education and incarceration. At a recent community event in Maryland, a veteran liberal legislator Anna Gutierrez told me there was no problem in Casa de Maryland receiving funding to help illegal immigrants. She explained: “They are just helping them.” As for Chavez, that was fine because “Venezuela is a model for Latin and Central American development.” By way of background, when in 2008 I testified before the Maryland assembly that illegal aliens should not be given drivers licenses, she told Mexico television which was covering the hearings, “There are no illegals in America; these people are simply waiting to adjust their status”.
Why would anyone hold up Venezuela as any kind of economic model? It would be like favoring Greece for “budget discipline.” Inflation in the country is over 30 percent and may reach twice that. Unemployment is skyrocketing. Corruption is rampant. Chavez has so mismanaged the economy the country does not produce enough coffee for domestic consumption for the first time ever. The currency has dropped in value by over half as Chavez prints money wildly. The only thing Chavez is doing is causing people to flee. Do this throughout the America’s and everyone will be in the United States soon!
But it is worse. Chavez is knee deep in a terrorist conspiracy to ship Russian weapons to terrorist organizations – Hezbollah – and criminal drug cartels – FARC – to facilitate terrorist acts against the United States, including blowing up pipelines carrying oil to the United States. He has also promised to ship both uranium to Iran to help Tehran make nuclear weapons material and oil to help break a possible refined petroleum products sanctions law now before the U.S. Congress. All this is public knowledge.
Casa de Maryland condemns those who advocate effective limits on immigration as racists, as does Chavez. It has threatened civil disobedience should the U.S. Congress not approve amnesty. It publishes pamphlets that instruct people to refuse to cooperate with immigration and law enforcement officials. Why are we giving tax-exempt status to those who actively seek to leave unprotected our borders while supporting themselves with funds from terror supporting states?
Open borders with the world pose grave dangers to the United States. The San Diego Union described the chaos on our borders this way: “Every night, the understaffed and outnumbered Border Patrol engaged in a losing battle of cat-and-mouse with thousands of illegal immigrants being led by ruthless smugglers. … San Ysidro residents locked themselves in at night as smugglers and immigrants traipsed through their yards. Caches of drugs were carried across the border by smugglers and the people they were leading. Hundreds of illegal immigrants lingered in the median strip of Interstate 5 waiting for rides northward. Immigrants running across freeways were hit and killed by motorists.”
A USA columnist visited the border to examine the prospects for a fence. She wrote, “The carnage makes one wonder why environmental groups aren’t out lobbying for a sturdy border fence – instead of arguing against tougher border enforcement.”
My grandfather once said, “Good fences make good neighbors.” Our sovereignty is not divisible. The State of Arizona recognizes that elementary truth. More and more Americans do as well. Too many others do not. There is now hope that, too, will change. Arizona has led the way.
http://www.aim.org/guest-column/ariz...#comment-20376
Old 05-29-2010, 02:00 PM

It doesn't matter

Already the lawsuits are flying fast and furious

Its only a matter of time before some lib judge in the pocket of mexico
puts this law on ice

We all know it will sit in limbo forever , just like 187 in Calif

THE INVASION MARCHES ON
Old 05-29-2010, 03:18 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa today View Post
It doesn't matter

puts this law on ice

THE INVASION MARCHES ON
I trust you won't be applying for our morale officer position?
Old 05-30-2010, 03:33 AM

Default Not this time !

I think the atmosphere is different now in Arizona compared to California's Prop 187. According to reports it was Gray Davis that sank the California Prop 187, not some liberal judge.

People are mad. Already Arizonian militias have mobilized.

I look at Massachusetts, the most liberal of liberals, and they just passed laws more forceful than Arizona's.

Now over a dozen states are considering laws like Arizona's.

The Arizona law is written differently. It should be bullet proof. If not the Militias will keep on doing what they are doing.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:57 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
It doesn't matter

puts this law on ice

THE INVASION MARCHES ON
USA, you've got to start thinking positive! We've got the majority on our side, it's just a matter of time before people get fired up enough to push these laws past all the liberals and bleeding hearts who keep standing in our way.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 05-30-2010, 10:49 AM

Phil
I'm always positive , I'm positive that they will judge shop until they find one that will strike down this law or put it on hold forever

What I am seeing is that even Arizona is wimping out , the law on the books that has been lacking in this whole debate is that ANYBODY AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON CAN BE ASK FOR PAPERS.

You have la raza , mecha , lulac and a hundred others screaming its racial and not a matter of law enforcement, they believe that if your hispanic you should be immune from all US laws.

You have the churches and unions screaming full tilt in favor of the illegals

Our govt from the Pres on down are in full defense of the illegals

I believe that all of them are traitors to this country.

I still believe that until we call the problem what it is , we don't have a chance of fixing it. We just keep kowtowing to PC and remain scared of our own shadows ,scared of being called racist , scared of public perception (when 70% of the public agree with us)

If a gang of grey haired grannies are robbing banks , you profile grannies
If 12 million illegal hispanics are breaking your immigration laws , YOU PROFILE THE DAMN HISPANICS

Am I wrong?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Continent Thief

No, you're not wrong about anything you said except possibly for the part about a judge permanently striking down the law. I think that even if that were tried the decision would be appealed, except in this case you wouldn't have the governor of the state dropping the appeal as Gray Davis did with Proposition 187 in California. And I believe what you meant about a law requiring anyone to have to show papers at any time is that the law already exists. If that's not what you meant please correct me, because I may not have understood you correctly. The Arizona law only mirrors existing federal law and in fact doesn't even go as far in its intrusiveness, but very few people seem to know that. And I certainly do agree with you about how many of us are limiting our efforts by being afraid of being called racist, fascist, neo-Nazis, etc. In the public perception there's a very thin line between enforcing the law and being a police state.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 05-30-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:36 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
If a gang of grey haired grannies are robbing banks , you profile grannies
If 12 million illegal hispanics are breaking your immigration laws , YOU PROFILE THE DAMN HISPANICS

Am I wrong?

Yes. Your simplistic answer leaves out illegals from Ireland, Haiti, China, etc. The Homeland security people, or any governmental agency is not allowed to focus on a race when applying the law.
Thankfully you're not in a position to design criteria for law enforcement, else I might be sitting in jail or along the roadside 'splainin' myself instead of conducting billboard events, protests, or rallies.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:12 PM

As I understand it, the only argument which could be successful against the Arizona immigration law is whether immigration enforcement is the sole domain of the Federal government, as is printing money and the like.

With all the precedent of the states cooperating with the Federal government concerning immigration, it would have to be a question of whether enforcement cooperation is merely permitted by the feds or whether the states have the self governmental right to enforce mirrored Federal law.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
As I understand it, the only argument which could be successful against the Arizona immigration law is whether immigration enforcement is the sole domain of the Federal government, as is printing money and the like.

With all the precedent of the states cooperating with the Federal government concerning immigration, it would have to be a question of whether enforcement cooperation is merely permitted by the feds or whether the states have the self governmental right to enforce mirrored Federal law.
The federal government is the only one who can enforce immigration law. What Arizona is doing is police power, which our constitution does not allow the federal government to do.