Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-25-2010, 12:53 PM

Default Nativo Lopez Cries 'Racist,' Appeals Court Cries 'Defamation'

Nativo Lopez Cries 'Racist,' Appeals Court Cries 'Defamation'
[Moxley Confidential] Split decision in Overhill Farms case has chilling free-speech implications, dissenting justice asserts
By R. SCOTT MOXLEY Wednesday, Nov 24 2010

Does an American company have the right to fire competent Latino workers who’ve taken jobs after supplying fraudulent Social Security numbers, and would it then be permissible under the First Amendment for a community activist to publicly label that company “racist”?
Laila Derakhshanian
Related Content

That isn’t a hypothetical question, but one that ignited controversy this month inside the California Court of Appeal based in Santa Ana. The case centers on labor protests against Overhill Farms Inc., a Los Angeles County-based frozen-food company that in May 2009 fired nearly one-third of its workforce, all Latinos. Company officials declared the former employees, some of whom had been employed for more than a decade and made as much as $14 per hour, “illegal aliens.”

So, it was no surprise that when more than 250 Latino workers at Overhill Farms learned they would be fired if they failed to produce valid Social Security cards, they turned to Lopez, national director of Hermandad Mexicana Latinoamericana. It was also no surprise that Lopez responded against the company with indignation. He orchestrated a series of protests and labeled the company “racist.”

But Lopez’s plan backfired. None of the workers without Social Security cards returned to work. According to court records, Lopez now finds himself not just liable for allegedly smearing a publicly traded company with annual revenues of about $200 million but also being pegged as a shameless political opportunist and, worse, an extortionist.

http://www.ocweekly.com/2010-11-25/n...-nativo-lopez/

Last edited by Mikell; 11-25-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:34 AM

Thanks for the post. I never heard anything about it after the first splash of news.
Good to see something good happen.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:10 AM

This is actually old news, but is descriptive of a typical reaction by brown racist "activists".

The allegation of racism is an old means to an end tactic which used to produce 100% results without serious risk to the defamer, but Lopez finally ran into someone who wasn't going to take his shit and had the means to make him eat it.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:06 AM

I'd like to carry this a little further.

There are a number of different types of "Latinos" (whatever the word "Latino actually means, it's actually so vague as to be meaningless) - Nativo Lopez is one type pretending to be the same type as the people who worked in the Swift plant.

However the allegation of racism is a continual drum beat.

For example this - aimed at the people Lopez is pretending to be (Mexican national), Spanish language La Opinion over the last week or so has thrown out some whopper spin concerning white racism.

I tossed it a couple of days ago, but one issue - as I recall - said that violent white supremacists are working with Mexican drug trafficking gangs and used the words "Mafia Mexicana" (Mexican Mafia, La Eme - American Latino prison gang - not explained in text) where the context would normally use the word "narcotrafficantes" while tossing in references to the Aryan Brotherhood (white prison gang, not fully explained in text) and Nazi Lowriders (predominantly white prison gang, not explained in text). I think it said that these people get along in prison, but not always on the outside.

How it came across to me reading the whole lengthy article is this chain of suggestion: White supremacists in America add to the miseries of Mexico by hypocritically working hand in hand with Mexican national drug gangs by (as I recall) distributing drugs and doing hits for the cartels while victimizing and harming "immigrants" in America.

And by their loose definition, a white supremacist is anyone who opposes illegal immigration. Such as nearly everyone who posts here, whom they have back door associated with the Aryan Brotherhood to people who largely don't understand Americans.

Or this article in 11-23-10 edition:

California lidera los casos de crimens por racial origin, loosely "California leads the nation with race crimes".

It has a picture of Equadorian Marcello Lucero, who's case in New York is described as notorious, but doesn't explain what happened. In the same paragraph an illegal Mexican named Luis Ramirez is said to have been savagely beaten to death in Pennsylvania.

It goes on with supposed FBI statistics about California, New Jersey, and New York, and crimes concerning sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnicity, and the standard rest.

The names of organizational mouthpieces in the piece interest me, not one Garcia or Martinez. Ty Cobb, legislative consultant for Human Rights Campaign. Robert Sugarman, National president of the Anti Defamation League. It also mentions Obama pushing the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd hate crime prevention act by increasing Justice Department investigation and prosecution of hate crimes. The two Hispanic names in the article are alleged victims of racial hate crimes.

The article is full of "hate crime" filler.

The FBI statistics cited are probably a distortion of statistics or outright fabrication. For example, Dee of "Immigration talk with a Mexican America" website (Dee is closely associated with National Council of La Raza) maybe a year or so ago cited FBI statistics which stated that hate crimes were on the significant increase. I asked her where one could find a verifiable source for those statistics. She gave a link which I investigated, only a wild contortion of those FBI figures could give the conclusion of hate crimes increasing.

Or her claim that Congress was pushing for an investigation of Joe Arpaio's activities in Arizona. Another wild assertion, out of hundreds of congressional members, only four were doing so. [Dee's message is generally for the American born who aspire to be "Latino activists" in the Nativo Lopez mold, the "other Latino"]

All in all, "those people" are being told on a daily basis that "THE WHITE MAN IS OUT TO GET YOU".

It's a purposeful tactic of fomenting racial enmity, and it's working.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-26-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:44 AM

I have watched the illegal immigration debate go from the HD parking lot of illegals to the polished new image by the new legal teams.
You would think every American not of Hispanc ancestery is a white racists, make that everyone who is not Hipanic. Remember, I have heard on the street in person the screaming of those who call all of us racists. The more power they get or at least, the more dissent the Hispanic leaders stir up in their community, the better it is for them to feel that everyone who does not give up is against them.

They are now using the power of crowds to over whelm when they do not get their way.
It can only get worse if they are not stopped.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:07 AM

Illegal immigration has nothing to do with race. This is the easiest fraud to debunk anywhere. Language is the first level of observation, not race. Inability in English should always arouse the suspicion that the speaker is an illegal. English speaking illegals are always a little tougher. The toughest ones are going to be Canadians who to all appearances and habits might as well be the result of several generations of US citizenship.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Illegal immigration has nothing to do with race. This is the easiest fraud to debunk anywhere. Language is the first level of observation, not race. Inability in English should always arouse the suspicion that the speaker is an illegal. English speaking illegals are always a little tougher. The toughest ones are going to be Canadians who to all appearances and habits might as well be the result of several generations of US citizenship.
Why don't you ask Armando Navarro (foaming at the mouth UCR ethnic studies professor) if illegal immigration has anything to do with race? Some people, at times including you, go way out of the way to make it about race.

How would you "debunk" it? And to which audience will you be speaking?

Mexico has 500 years of race and culture issues, as well as nearly 200 years of real and trumped up grievances and suspicions concerning America and "gringos". Ya think there are far fetched conspiracy theories in America? Mexico is the king of popular conspiracy theory, it seems the more outlandish the story the more believable it is, and that can extend to immigration issues as well as anything else.

A couple of weeks ago a Mexican (national) waitress asked me why I was reading La Opinion. I replied "so I can see what kind of pinche guero racist I am from one day to the next". I said that racism is racism, and just because it is printed in Spanish doesn't preclude it from being a racist message. White or brown, racism is racism. She agreed with what I said, and further commented "Not everyone thinks like you".

My belief concerning La Opinon is that it is a racist whiner rag with all the attributes of Weekly World News except for the fact that people who have limited knowledge of Americans (even after thirty years and more in the US) actually believe that crap. You think you're pissed off now? Your head would explode if you read the shit pretend Mexicans (similar to the Nativo Lopez mentality) masquerading as "journalists" write for real Mexicans to read.

Why don't you write a letter to La Opinion debunking race and immigration? List your real name, address, and phone number.

And explain the Canadian use of "eh" and the rest of the "Canadianisms" which Americans don't say, their various Canadian accents, and the fact that there are many centuries of French speaking Canadians who don't speak any English at all.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-26-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:18 PM

The La Opinion article by Antonieta Cadiz claiming that California is hate crime central seems to be inspired from this 11-22-10 AP article by Peter Yost, some of the La Opinion version appears to me to be plagiarized from Yost. I originally read it in the 11-23-10 Orange County Register.

Quote:
FBI: Hate crime incidents, victim numbers down

...On balance, "we welcome the fact that the FBI's report contains both the lowest hate crime totals since 1994 and the largest number of reporting law enforcement agencies ever," ADL national chair Robert Sugarman and ADL national director Abraham Foxman said.

The report said that out of some 4,000 victims of racial bias, seven in 10 were victims because of prejudice against blacks.

Out of nearly 1,600 victims of anti-religious bias, about the same proportion — seven of 10 — stemmed from anti-Jewish bias.

In a separate study, the Southern Poverty Law Center reported that homosexuals are far more likely to be victims of violent hate crime than any other minority group.

Timing the release of its study to coincide with the latest FBI report on hate crimes, the nonprofit center said it based its conclusion on 14 years of FBI hate crime data covering 1995-2008. The center said that homosexuals, or those perceived to be gay, are more than twice as likely to be attacked in a violent hate crime as Jews or blacks; more than four times as likely as Muslims; and 14 times as likely as Latinos. http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...46f7790a611ca3

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-26-2010 at 12:32 PM.