Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-11-2014, 01:05 PM

I called Boehner's office and made clear my belief that until I see business owners who hire illegal aliens going to jail it will be very clear to me that all the new rhetoric is just a game, that nothing will change.

I not sure if I was successful in conveying that various stereotypes of those termed "Latino" in whatever configuration of monolithic "identity" fantasy Boehner chooses to believe in (sleeping Mexican under a cactus, illiterate border hopper, future doctors and other professionals versus scumbag welfare opportunists, "indigenous", "just trying to feed the family", entirely law abiding or inveterate criminal, pious immigrant church goer or vicious gang banger praying to Santa Muerte, Puerto Rican or Tex-Mex, Legal citizen or illegal alien, brown racist bigots...) they are not accurate concerning the very broad array of individuals who just happen to have brown skin and Spanish last names.

Just for interest:

Santa Muerte http://www.cathnewsusa.com/2013/05/v...-santa-muerte/

The article was originally printed in National Geographic http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ultures-world/

The author is Alma Guillermoprieto, author of The Heart that bleeds and a massive amount of articles and other literature. From what I have read of her material I have a lot of respect for her.

Huffington post article on Santa Muerte http://www.huffingtonpost.com/r-andr...b_1421053.html

The late Octavio Paz once said that Mexicans have faith only in the national lottery and Guadalupe. With the statement of how empty the churches are in at least part of Mexico, could there now be a contest between Guadalupe and Santa Muerte such as there once was between La Virgen de Guadalupe and La Virgen de Los Remedios?

[Substitute "Mexican Indian" for "Spanish shepherd" and the origin stories of the Spanish (Extramadura) and Mexican (Tepayac) apparitions of Guadalupe are very much the same. "Guadalupe" is a garbled medieval Spanish pronunciation of an Arabic phrase something like "Wadi al Upe" or "quad al upi", which supposedly means something like "water by the rocks" or something similar]

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 02-11-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:22 AM

Default Clarifications:

Different people react in different ways to words. Latino/Hispanic rankles some. Illegal alien rankles others and maybe the same "PC" types. Some are insulted/offended, some take it as a pejorative, some like it. I can't define it. It means to me only a segment of the worlds population that speak Spanish and lives in North, Central and South America. It's broad and sweeping generic parlance. I think it deals with language and not ethnicity.

As to the illegal aliens, 60% jump the border and 40% come legally with visas and just stay. New York is also a "border state". We have VOLUMES coming North from Florida, in from the offshore islands and off of ships and a small proportion sneaking in from Canada.

Whether they sleep under a cactus or they are a Doctor the common thread is that they ALL have violated customs and immigration LAWS. That seems to escape most politicians of all stripes. e.g., they are CRIMINALS.

__________________________________________________ __________

Susan Tully, National Field Director, FAIR, just sent to an E-mail naming 80 Republicans who haven't yet committed to oppose amnesty !!!!!

__________________________________________________ ___________

On the matter of "The Majority Rules", that was in the context of how our system of voting functions and how the House and Senate take power, as well as how they and the President get elected.

Last edited by wetibbe; 02-13-2014 at 03:35 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:39 PM

The Republican party is acting out of ignorance concerning the words "Latino/Hispanic". They have bought into the myth that, despite all the variance and indeed diversity negated by the label, that they are all the same person and will only be mollified by amnesty - just like the brown racist, uninvited, self appointed to speak for everyone else "Latino activists" say.

The majority of American citizens described as "Latino" have priorities concerning jobs and the economy, how they are themselves affected by forces outside their front gate.

Those "Latino" citizens who clamor for amnesty seem to me to either have close relatives who are illegal or are all worked up by perceptions of white racism. And, odd as it may be within this uncertain world, those who would punish "Latinos" the most for expressing anti illegal immigrant sentiments are far left "progressive" whites from the north east and the west coast. Those "Latinos" who publicly express disagreement with unfettered migration from Latin America get plenty of grief as well from brown race hustlers seeking racial and largely hybrid cultural / political hegemony.

Concerning the notion of avoiding the tyranny of the majority, I understand the idea of one house representing the states by their respective populations and the house representing states with an equal number of senators per state.

However, the electoral college system baffles me at this time as to how it actually works. In some cases it may favor large states, others small states, and may have given rise to the concept of swing states - which I believe should never be (every state should be a "swing state" to my way of thinking). I think there may be ways of gerrymandering the the electors, and there may be other electoral manipulations and abuses coming out of the system.

But, at this point I don't know and am not sure...

Could you let us in on just who that email describes?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 02-14-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:53 AM

Default 80 House Members

http://www.conservativehq.com/node/16315