Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Social Scene > Entertainment

Entertainment Movies, theater, television, and other entertainment related material

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-14-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Overall, I believe much of it has to do with the economy and tiresome politics.

I myself have had enough of castigating politicians over the phone and am patiently waiting to vote out incumbents at every opportunity. While I have no love for either the core Democrat or Republican parties, I want to punish the Democrats. Then when the Republican party takes rejection of Democrats as a mandate to do whatever the hell the want to do (like the Democrats have done since the repudiation of Republicans last election cycle), I want to slap the dogshit out of the Republicans in turn.

As far as posting here, I feel as though I have said much of the same over the years over and over and over again. I'm out of breath and tired of arguing the same points non stop.

I really am not attracted to the other anti illegal sites, nor do I waste my time posting at pro illegal sites. I'm sick of the racial obsession, racial stereotyping, fabrication and disinformation and name calling on both sides, and have realized I'm not going to change anyone's convictions with rational discussion - or more to the point, what minute rational and respectful discussion there is to be found anywhere concerning illegal immigration.

I think the open borders crowd understands there is not going to be an amnesty for as long as the economy is bad. On the other side, I don't believe there is any faith that the Federal government is going going to meaningfully enforce immigration law anytime soon.

I think there is a lot of quietly seething anger which has a good chance of boiling over and burning the status quo. I just hope it doesn't blow out of control - we don't need a replay of the French Revolution.
Nicely stated.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Continent Thief

I don't know if it would be appropriate to mention the names here, but for those seeking longer threads on the same issues we discuss on this forum, there are blogs which usually consist of a column by a well-known commentator at the beginning which is followed by comments from readers. Depending on the writer and the nature of the column, there can be up to several hundred comments and replies within just a few hours. So it's not like people are becoming apathetic in general.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 08-15-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:07 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
I don't know if it would be appropriate to mention the names here, but for those seeking longer threads on the same issues we discuss on this forum, there are blogs which usually consist of a column by a well-known commentator at the beginning which is followed by comments from readers. Depending on the writer and the nature of the column, there can be up to several hundred comments and replies within just a few hours. So it's not like people are becoming apathetic in general.
Generally those blogs and writers are highly factionalized. The one's commenting on them are usually committed to that faction. In addition, commenting one way or another doesn't hold any accompanying or inherent wish for further involvement. There's always been no shortage of commentators. the only thing that's changed there is that there are more blogs, and the mainstream news is a little less controlling in allowing people to comment on subjects they seemed previously to admire strict control of.
In contrast, groups like SOS, NMI, ALIPAC, Minutemen, etc, are always soliciting for action of some type, and so there has always been an underlying current of involvement.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Overall, I believe much of it has to do with the economy and tiresome politics.

I myself have had enough of castigating politicians over the phone and am patiently waiting to vote out incumbents at every opportunity. While I have no love for either the core Democrat or Republican parties, I want to punish the Democrats. Then when the Republican party takes rejection of Democrats as a mandate to do whatever the hell the want to do (like the Democrats have done since the repudiation of Republicans last election cycle), I want to slap the dogshit out of the Republicans in turn.

As far as posting here, I feel as though I have said much of the same over the years over and over and over again. I'm out of breath and tired of arguing the same points non stop.

I really am not attracted to the other anti illegal sites, nor do I waste my time posting at pro illegal sites. I'm sick of the racial obsession, racial stereotyping, fabrication and disinformation and name calling on both sides, and have realized I'm not going to change anyone's convictions with rational discussion - or more to the point, what minute rational and respectful discussion there is to be found anywhere concerning illegal immigration.

I think the open borders crowd understands there is not going to be an amnesty for as long as the economy is bad. On the other side, I don't believe there is any faith that the Federal government is going going to meaningfully enforce immigration law anytime soon.

I think there is a lot of quietly seething anger which has a good chance of boiling over and burning the status quo. I just hope it doesn't blow out of control - we don't need a replay of the French Revolution.
Many of us who were involved with Prop. 187 and other comparatively early pro-nationalist campaigns feel fatigued and it seems like a perpetual motion machine to just keep arguing the same points over again. I agree with that. But....I have noticed that the status quo has evolved in our direction and public sentiment is on our side. Look at the popular support for AZ 1070 and if you have followed internet "comments" and discussion boards for the last decade, like I have, you cannot help but notice the change in stated opinions which have gone from hostility to indifferent to outright support for defending against the foreign invasion. People from all over the country are now opposing this alien force.

Will a revolution come? Well we have a government that is openly on the side of an invading army so I would argue that the revolution already took place and our country was snatched away from us while most were not paying attention. The current campaign to put the final nail in the coffin of American sovereignty by crushing American patriotic resistance is perceived as a kind of mopping up operation. How it will end is anyone's guess. Thank God popular American sentiment has finally come to our side. Better late than never.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:04 PM

The word "army" suggests top down single organization, and that's a wrong notion. Basically it's a mob with all sorts of motivations and personal agendas, many very similar and some not, which is being used by others for all sorts of political and other goals, or some sort of gain.

It's a very complex issue which is usually boiled down to very simplistic, black and white views with sinister, individual, personal malice inferred towards all sides.

There are a myriad of political agendas, bewildering in how they are seemingly so opposed yet are closely intertwined.

I actually believe that individually the Mexicans and other Latin Americans are least to blame for their illegal entry, regardless of how destructive they collectively are.

They are used by cheap labor factions, regarded as future voters, sought by brown American supremacists, used by their home governments, exploited by criminal enterprises domestic and international, and I believe a good percentage of them will screw each other over for some small gain or advantage.

Are they all malicious? No. Do I trust any of them blindly? No. Are there a number whom I like? Yes. Are there criminals among them? Yes. Are they all criminally motivated even though the crime of illegal entry is involved? No.

Do all those who came here illegally by either their own free will or as an adult need to be deported? Yes, whether I like it or not concerning the individual.

Should the 14th amendment be revisited so as to deny birthright citizenship to children of illegal entrants? Yes. Should people who were so born and grew up into the US before such legislation is implemented be deported? No. Deport their parents? Yes.

Should politicians, employers and others who violate or fail to regard immigration law be severely punished? YES!!!

Does race indicate nationality or loyalty to a particular nation? No. Does the race of an individual indicate prejudices or attitudes concerning race or nationality? No. Does race indicate loyalty to an agenda? No.

Are there differences (cultural, attitudes, and otherwise) between illegal entrants, their American born children, and their further descendants? Yes.

Can people be mislead or otherwise swayed by politically motivated racial propaganda? Yes.

On all sides of illegal immigration issues.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-15-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Continent Thief

Ilbegone, if there were more posts like the one you just made I don't think there would be so much "board fatigue", which you referred to earlier when you said you were tired of posting the same things over and over again. I can totally relate to that syndrome, and it also goes for reading the same things over and over again. This is one reason I don't participate in the forum as much as I used to. Your posts are unique in that you have the ability to combine a lot of well-thought out ideas into a coherent post which doesn't just consist of a regurgitation of the same cliches that have been repeated ad nauseum. I think the more thoughtful the post, the more responses it is likely to generate. At least that's what I'd like to believe.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 08-15-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:21 PM
SOS Associate

I think we're all missing the obvious. People tune out because there's not as much exciting things happening here. In the old days, street activity was new and interesting. There were wrongs to right, and frauds to expose. New people came and that added to the excitement. But then the newness wore off, as did the welcome of some within, and people moved on to the new sliced bread. I see the new sliced bread as being like the TEA parties. You watch....they'll go the same way. Unfortunately for us, people have a short attention span overall, and they like new things. Holding their attention is hard enough, but asking their participation raises the threshold tenfold. But there are also committed folks out there who don't require such high maintennance. SOS is a non-profit and we don't change our product to suit the fickle world around us. People can rely on us to be here when they need us, and they will. In addition, we will go through another cycle of popularity and interest. Maybe soo, maybe later.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
But there are also committed folks out there who don't require such high maintennance. SOS is a non-profit and we don't change our product to suit the fickle world around us. People can rely on us to be here when they need us, and they will. In addition, we will go through another cycle of popularity and interest. Maybe soon, maybe later.
I sure hope it will be soon and continue.