Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Social Scene > Sports

Sports Topics relating to sports

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-06-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
... I don't want to make Mexico part of the U.S. [becaues] ... Nor is it particularly important to me that we provide better lives for our poor southern neighbors (that's just an extra benefit). I want to assert control over Mexico [because] ...

Twoller, are you expecting the authorities that be in Mexico City to get serious about stopping the flood of their poor and desperate into Texas, Arizona and California anytime soon? ...

You do want to make Mexico a part of the US. This is all the usual NAU crap through some new back door. It is the NAU masquerading as US imperialism.

How can the US become an empire if we can't even expect our own authorities to take our borders seriously? What a joke! Power for the USA to become an empire, even if we had some political infection that was serious about it, would have to start with the proven ability to halt the flow of illegals across our border and additionally, a dramatic reduction in the flow of legals as well. It would have to start with the absolute and unilateral ability to close off our borders. We need that, but we already have a political infection that wants to reduce the US to a welfare state for Mexico and the rest of the planet with open borders. And now we got somebody trying to confuse this with imperialism.

I don't believe you are honestly representing yourself. I don't think you are really thinking about an empire at all.

Save your arguments. As far as I am concern, you are not to be trusted.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Continent Thief

DA, are you putting us on? I'm not sure, but I think I can see your tongue slightly in your cheek.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 12-07-2009, 07:33 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
You do want to make Mexico a part of the US. This is all the usual NAU crap through some new back door. It is the NAU masquerading as US imperialism ...

...I don't believe you are honestly representing yourself. I don't think you are really thinking about an empire at all.

Save your arguments. As far as I am concern, you are not to be trusted.
NAU masquerading as U.S. imperialism. Interesting interpretation; I wouldn't have thought of that one.

As to your last two sentences, please spare me. Those are pretty much words commonly voiced by message board drama queens who take all disagreement as a manner of personal attack, and more importantly, are characterized by their conspicuous absences when we rally, hold a demonstration or do something that involves attendance.

I tell you what. Show up in Santa Clarita next month and you have carte blanche to curse me out for the substance of my position and attempt to revoke my citizenship.

---------------

No Phil, I'm not. I'm 46 years old and getting tired of the world not being the way I want it. I don't think there's anything wrong with a little red, white and blue pro-activeness when confronted by nations and clans that are career f ups.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 12-07-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:

No Phil, I'm not. I'm 46 years old and getting tired of the world not being the way I want it. I don't think there's anything wrong with a little red, white and blue pro-activeness when confronted by nations and clans that are career f ups.
Career f ups? Like Ireland? I would hope that the Republic of Ireland is one of your targets for US colonialism since so many in Northern Ireland evoke the US as a model for their own violence against what they call British Imperialism.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:24 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Career f ups? Like Ireland? I would hope that the Republic of Ireland is one of your targets for US colonialism since so many in Northern Ireland evoke the US as a model for their own violence against what they call British Imperialism.
Isn't there more at issue in Ireland than imperialism? I thought there was a religious factional dispute there as well.....catholics and protestants?
Old 12-08-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Isn't there more at issue in Ireland than imperialism? I thought there was a religious factional dispute there as well.....catholics and protestants?
The Protestants are "unionists". They maintain loyalty to the United Kingdom and independence from the very Catholic Republic of Ireland. The Catholics in Northern Ireland claim to be oppressed and are "nationalists" and wish unification with the Republic of Ireland, but there are no Protestants in the Republic of Ireland to speak of. The unionists are accused of being "imperialistic" with the United Kingdom posed as an empire with Northern Ireland representing the colonization of Ireland. Sympathetic Irish in the US frequently cite the American Revolution as being the same thing the Catholics are struggling for in Northern Ireland.

More information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Ireland
Old 12-09-2009, 08:14 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:

No, action should only be taken that benefits the U.S. Ireland is not a problem for the U.S. (or in my opinion, a problem at all). Career f ups like Afghanistan, the Palestinians, Mexico and Iraq.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:20 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
No, action should only be taken that benefits the U.S. Ireland is not a problem for the U.S. (or in my opinion, a problem at all). Career f ups like Afghanistan, the Palestinians, Mexico and Iraq.
Wait a minute, wait a minute.....Iraq was in the career category? They were our ally and beneficiary prior to the 90's. If our intervention is a good thing, why did it turn out so bad there?
Old 12-09-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
As I thought ...

Not only is Ireland a career f up like the Palestinians, they are partner f ups. They frequently identify with each other's various "struggles". Gerry Adams has visited Gaza and campaigned for Palestinian "nationalism". People have seriously suggested that the current situation in Northern Ireland is a model for a solution for the question of Palestinian statehood.