Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Archer

Don't fret, the Government will bale you guys out. I mean the rest of us will.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:48 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN View Post
Don't fret, the Government will bale you guys out. I mean the rest of us will.

I sincerely hope you won't, because financial disaster and dealing with the consequences (Californians dealing with it, not the rest of the nation's taxpaying citizens) is what will ultimately save this beautiful state.

When lots of businesses and April 15 taxpayers exit, stage East, from the Golden State, is when the takers will head elsewhere, as well. The mass exodus of the illegal alien and anchor baby populations, from my neck of the woods, will occur when the benefits (given by the states that can afford them) and jobs are elsewhere.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Continent Thief

This last election just confirmed that most people in California have become too stupid to live. It's too bad the state doesn't just fall off the continent and sink into the ocean like a lot of people said was going to happen about 40 years ago. (Oh that's right, I live here too. For that matter, so do a lot of you sensible people. Forget the whole thing).

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 11-05-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Thanks to the treachery of Ronald Reagan, Hugh Hewitt and other "Republicans", the state that was called "Reagan Country" is now a political subdivision of Mexico.
Oh you are so full of crap you might as well be a Mexican! What killed California as a right leaning state was the death of the defense industry. When those jobs left California so did the right. Stop blaming Ronald Reagan for the problems that others caused.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I will never uproot and go some other place. I do think things are going to get worse because no one wants to help the other side try to improve our lives. It takes cooperation from all.
In the thirties our government at least worked together for the citizens, not so this time.
RIMO5 you are a valuable asset in that you experienced what many of us have not. You can remember how things were while those in my age group were experiencing a change we were not aware of.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Well you guys are not the only ones planning to leave California.

I used to call Larry Elder's show and try to ask "When your station goes Spanish speaking after English speaking whites who make up most of your audience have been driven out of California, where will you broadcast then?".

Thanks to the treachery of Ronald Reagan, Hugh Hewitt and other "Republicans", the state that was called "Reagan Country" is now a political subdivision of Mexico.
In Palmdale California there were at least two radio hosts that lost their jobs
when the station went Spanish due to the changed demographics brought about by the illegal alien invasion. That was almost three years ago.
Today the sight of illegal alien mamas pushing a stroller down the street with three kids in tow and one or more in the womb is common.

The local hospital that delivers babies is overwhelmed as a huge number of anchor babies are delivered at taxpayers expense. The nurses working there hate it!

On the issue of Ronald Reagan I agree that his decision to grant amnesty was a huge blunder. I spoke with his son, Michael Reagan, and he told me that his dad was sorry that he had signed the amnesty bill into law. Too late, we're screwed.

Last night we stopped at an Arco to fill the tank in the general area of Palmdale and a Mexican looking man in his mid to late twenties pulled up to the pump a row away and the Spanish language music coming from his car was at a tremendous decibel level. It was thunderous. It was offensive and intrusive to people far away from someone who I assume is hiding "in the shadows" as our President would say.

I entertained the thought of going over and shutting his music off but I don't like going to jail or getting into trouble so I passed it up. Yes, he was probably a reminder of Reagan's mistake.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
Last night we stopped at an Arco to fill the tank in the general area of Palmdale and a Mexican looking man in his mid to late twenties pulled up to the pump a row away and the Spanish language music coming from his car was at a tremendous decibel level. It was thunderous. It was offensive and intrusive to people far away from someone who I assume is hiding "in the shadows" as our President would say.
Yeah, Eagle1, that "hiding in the shadows" bit always gets me too. It seems like at least in this part of the country "in your face" is more like it.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 11-07-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
Oh you are so full of crap you might as well be a Mexican! What killed California as a right leaning state was the death of the defense industry. When those jobs left California so did the right. Stop blaming Ronald Reagan for the problems that others caused.
"full of crap"? Wow. That's really original. No doubt an example of your culture's great tradition of thoughtful discourse and diplomacy.

The death of the defense industry killed California?

Really? And just what was California like before the defense industry came here in WW2? It was great, that's what it was like.

Last edited by Don; 11-07-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
"full of crap"? Wow. That's really original. No doubt an example of your culture's great tradition of thoughtful discourse and diplomacy.

The death of the defense industry killed California?

Really? And just what was California like before the defense industry came here in WW2? It was great, that's what it was like.
Do you personally remember what California was like before December 7th, 1941? I'm not so sure you do.

If I remember the books right, there was a depression with a whole lot of hungry Americans.

There is a quote by writer Stella Hughes,

Quote:
Time can improve any memory
Just what were "the good old days"?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-07-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Do you personally remember what California was like before December 7th, 1941? I'm not so sure you do.

If I remember the books right, there was a depression with a whole lot of hungry Americans.

There is a quote by writer Stella Hughes,

Just what were "the good old days"?

The good old days were when California was recognizably American, when American flags outnumbered Mexican flags and English speakers outnumbered babbling, squalling 3d world primitives.

No, I was not born until after WW2. I don't have personal knowledge of pre-war California, but neither do I have personal knowledge of the Roman Empire, the American Revolution, or anything else in history prior to my birth. Human beings rely on the historical record rather than on personal recollections because the span of history far exceeds the life of any single person. That's what distinguishes us as humans. We invent languages, writing, books, tools, and we create an historical record. Lower animals like cattle, sheep (and apparently you) don't rely on a written historical record and their knowledge is limited to what they've personally experienced in their own short life times.

Yes, there was a depression in the 1930's. Yes people were poor. But, California had a viable economy with oil, agriculture, motion pictures, aviation (Chas. Lindburgh's airplane was built at Ryan Aviation in San Diego and Hughes Aviation was in Culver City), in 1908, the first of several huge telescopes were installed at the Palomar Observatory on Mt. Wilson and there were huge fishing fleets operating out of San Diego, San Pedro and Monterrey. California was recognizably American and not a third world sewer like it is now.

In the good old days, before the onslaught of millions of third world primitives, schools were good even if students were poor, kids weren't shot by "minority" gang bangers on their way to and from them, and the quality of life was vastly superior in so many ways, even if people were not as well off as they'd like to be. My parents and others talked about the depression and whatever problems Americans might have had, they were never forced to flee their homes by an invasion of third world scum. When Pearl Harbor was attacked and we were threatened with invasion, the American government of that time at least defended the American people unlike the government today that has abandoned them.

As bad as things were during the depression, Americans migrated to California instead of out of it during that difficult time.

What is the title of this thread? THIS IS IT. GOING TO LEAVE CALIFORNIA ASAP.

If you think millions of third world cockroaches are so wonderful, why does your website have a thread with a string of people saying Screw it...I've had enough! [?]