Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

The ruling by 9Th circuit court, El Segundo, certainly has me scrambling to understand it. If any of my California friends have any input/insight I would like to hear it.

Here's the deal:

I'm presently researching the courts decision and I am having a dilemma. Judge Milan Dale Smith,Jr. was in the decision denying the Town the right to control illegal aliens day laborers, essentially giving the laborers the right to assemble, solicit work and call out for car washes. Smith is a Bush appointee * Check him on Wikipedia ). His brother, Gordon, is a Republican and U.S. Senator from Oregon.

Normally I can peg the liberal, left, progressive Judges. For example, years back here in Mamaroneck, New York the day labors sued the local police. Federal Judge Colleen McMahon ruled against the police and appointed a watchdog to surveil the police assuring they would no longer disperse the day laborers, ask them questions or stop the contractors from picking them up. She was a blatant Democrat, liberal, progressive. Yes, I wrote to her - no response.

Federal Circuit Court Judge Robert Dierker wrote a book, the Tyranny of Tolerance, exposing the left liberal progressives in the Judiciary. That took lots of courage as he was a sitting Judge.

I'm currently composing a letter to Judge Smith. Initially I was ready to "blast" him and denounce his decision. Enclosing the Federal Customs and Immigration Laws. But upon learning that he is a Bush appointee and presumed Republican, that drew me up short. I took a step back and I am now laboring to understand why/how the Ninth Circuit Court protects the free speech of foreigners here illegally.

Is there something in our Constitution and the amendments that I am missing ? I contemplated that perhaps these judges see things through different glasses. Such as - it is the job of DHS, CBP, ICE to enforce the customs and immigration laws. Not the courts. But there are some Judges who will not allow illegal aliens in the court room!

It holds also in the principles of law that: He who seeks equity must come with clean hands.

This is an open invitation to comment before I complete my letter. I will be interested in viewpoints.
I believe somewhere in their ruling they opined that the restriction could prevent bake sales or other girl scout type activities and that this was overly broad
Old 09-22-2011, 03:27 AM

Default Mailed:

I mailed my letter to the Judge yesterday.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:23 AM

The ruling is directed against the religion of the homeowners. It cannot be otherwise.

There were public nuisance complaints that were real.

However, taken in another context. A homeowner that maintains a multifamily household with 30 people living there parking on the street gets no compliant, even when it's every day. A neighbor who complains will be told it's a public street.

Someone complaining about a drunken party with loud rap music at 7PM will be told the noise ordinance deals with noise after 10PM.

To imagine that this isn't selective is just foolish.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:33 PM
SOS Associate

Hard to argue against that Kathy