Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Candidates 2010

Candidates 2010 Topics and information relating to the Candidates in the 2010 elections.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-18-2010, 10:42 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Default Merlin Froyd

This gentleman is running against Howard Berman in California's 28th District. This folks, is what passes for a Republican. Here's part of what he has to say about immigration on his website -

My first step to immigration reform is to secure our borders. My second step in immigration reform is to establish a pathway to citizenship for those who are in our country illegally but are positively contributing to society. Now I know there are going to be a lot of people who think the best way to deal with illegal immigration is to put everybody on a bus, boat or plane and send them out of the country. This unrealistic idea has thwarted any attempt to deal with the real problem.

Currently there is a bi-partisan bill in the House by Representatives by Rep. Gutierrez (Democrat) of Illinois, along with 91 cosponsors that deals with immigration in a realistic way that is just and fair. The bill, CIR ASAP, helps immigrants that have been in our country before or by December 15th 2009 who contribute to U.S. work, education, military service, or community service apply for conditional residence. After six years, they can apply for green cards if they work or contribute, pay taxes, keep a clean criminal record, and meet English and civics requirements. It would also create special exceptions for youths to obtain green cards and citizenship more quickly.

I also like this bill, for it creates severe penalties to employers for hiring unauthorized immigrants. This will stop employers from creating environments of slave labor, while encouraging immigrants to be authorized to work in our country.

Now this bill has a ways to go; however, I think it does a great justice of preventing future unlawful immigration while providing a grace-centered perspective to those that live in our country and are contributing to our society.

To summarize my view on immigration, we must move quickly to secure our borders to prevent human and drug trafficking, undue hardship on our economy, and future illegal immigration, while at the same time providing a safe, fast, and gracious way for those living in our country to be here without fear.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:55 AM

I can't reply to any thing by Louis Gutierrez with out a cuss word. He is a $@S%@R^.

The only thing I want to see happen to any and ALL illegal Invaders, no matter where they are from or what they have been doing, is DEPORT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Why should I ever follow the law and depend on only my self for support while the Invaders suck up all my tax funds.

Deport them all and NEVER elect anyone who has a good or sympathetic word or deed for them.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:14 AM

This is a load of crap that Froyd is shoveling:

Quote:
My first step to immigration reform is to secure our borders. My second step in immigration reform is to establish a pathway to citizenship for those who are in our country illegally but are positively contributing to society. Now I know there are going to be a lot of people who think the best way to deal with illegal immigration is to put everybody on a bus, boat or plane and send them out of the country. This unrealistic idea has thwarted any attempt to deal with the real problem.

Currently there is a bi-partisan bill in the House by Representatives by Rep. Gutierrez (Democrat) of Illinois, along with 91 cosponsors that deals with immigration in a realistic way that is just and fair. The bill, CIR ASAP, helps immigrants that have been in our country before or by December 15th 2009 who contribute to U.S. work, education, military service, or community service apply for conditional residence. After six years, they can apply for green cards if they work or contribute, pay taxes, keep a clean criminal record, and meet English and civics requirements. It would also create special exceptions for youths to obtain green cards and citizenship more quickly.

I also like this bill, for it creates severe penalties to employers for hiring unauthorized immigrants. This will stop employers from creating environments of slave labor, while encouraging immigrants to be authorized to work in our country.

Now this bill has a ways to go; however, I think it does a great justice of preventing future unlawful immigration while providing a grace-centered perspective to those that live in our country and are contributing to our society.

To summarize my view on immigration, we must move quickly to secure our borders to prevent human and drug trafficking, undue hardship on our economy, and future illegal immigration, while at the same time providing a safe, fast, and gracious way for those living in our country to be here without fear.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.