Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > California Schools

California Schools Topics And Information Relating To California Schools

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-27-2010, 02:05 PM

Default Please, please, please listen to this:Cliff Kincaid on Raza Studies

Please listen to this 20 minute broadcast. This has been going on for almost 40 yrs now, and what the gentleman, Cliff Kincaid, who says he just became aware of this about a yr ago doesn't realize is that MANY of the students parents were enrolled in these same classes and encourage the teachings.

Terry Lowry KKHT: Cliff Kincaid on Raza Studies

http://www.aim.org/on-the-air/terry-...-raza-studies/

An opinion, the last third of this video discussed the indoctrination of our schools.

Arizona Rejects the Liberal Agenda: Nannies Can't Protect Our Borders

http://www.pjtv.com/?cmd=mpg&mpid=74&load=3609

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 05-27-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:26 PM

I remember the great "Chicano" rebellion in the late 60's and the famous Chicano school walkout in 1968, protesting low academic performance by Chicano students or oppression, exploitation, racism, intolerance, blah, blah, blah.... Hmmmmm.... what person would want to be called a "Chicano"? Sounded pretty hoaky to me, like some exoitic vegetable or fruit or latin dish. ("Ah... I'll have the NO. 2 combination plate with enciladas, two tacos and a side order of Chicanos, please.")

Apart from the hoaky sounding name, I was trying to figure out why any people thought they could improve their lot in life by walking out of school. I always had the weird idea that you improved your lot in life by studying harder and having good attendance. But what do I know. In 1969 we landed on the moon and who ever thought "minorities" with a stoneage, primitive tribal outlook would dominate the future in a country capable of going into outer space?

The whole thing almost sounded like a practical joke, but when you look at the psychopaths running it it's obvious that it was a serious revolutionary movement. In New Mexico a latino revolutionary named Reis Tijerina seized a county court house and there was some kind of violent confrontation. It attracted little attention at the time, but those of us who read about stuff like that began to realize that these people are nuts, dangerously so and they are fully capable of guerilla warfare.

That was almost half a century ago. I don't know whatever became of Reis Tijerina, probably living in Havana or something. Who knows?

You're right about this stuff beginning in the schools. In the late 60's the whole black studies, Chicano studies hysteria got started. My impression is that it was a cadre of screwed up dysfunctional people totally unsuitable for any useful employment dedicating their lives to producing more screwed up, dysfunctional people who were also unsuitable for any kind of useful employment. Kind of like a cancer cells reproducing or something. Know what I mean?

Well, now, 50 years later, it turns out my original instincts were correct, only now they control the California State Government and most of the Federal Governement including Congress and the White House and "normal" people like me are in the minority.

Thank God AZ is taking on the ethnic studies cult.

Last edited by Don; 05-27-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:58 AM

It seems Tijerina, born in 1926, is still alive, there would have been a big fuss about his death.

I tried to read his book THEY CALLED ME KING TIGER (translated in 2000 by Jose Angel Gutierrez) all the way through, but the repetitive, often almost incoherent rant about racism defeated the goal - every page I turned to was nearly the same, just another period of time and maybe another location.

I found it interesting that the leader of a penniless group of people had the resources to travel to Mexico City and Spain to "study" land grant documents for extended periods of time.

Tijerina shot a deputy in the courthouse, I believe it was an accident.

Here is a purported article from the El Paso Times I found at brownpride.com posted on 06-30-2009, 04:52 PM by a "tecpaocelotl", the link to the El Paso Times doesnt work:

Quote:

Activist Reies López Tijerina earns ovation, 'Ohtli' award
http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_12701700?source=rss

Activist Reies López Tijerina earns ovation, 'Ohtli' award

'I am intoxicated with gusto'
By Ramón Rentería / El Paso Times

EL PASO -- Mexican government officials on Friday paid tribute to Reies López Tijerina, one of the most radical leaders of the Chicano movement that fought for greater rights for Mexican-Americans.

An estimated 100 scholars, Chicano activists, friends and South El Paso residents gave Tijerina a standing ovation when Mexican Consul General Roberto Rodríguez Hernández presented him with the prestigious "Ohtli" award for his lifetime commitment to human rights and civil rights for Hispanics in the United States, mostly in the 1960s.

Tijerina, 82 and in failing health, now lives in El Paso. He is perhaps best known across the U.S. for leading an armed raid at the Tierra Amarilla courthouse in northern New Mexico in the mid-1960s.
"I am intoxicated with gusto," Tijerina said upon receiving the award at La Fe Cultural & Technology Center in South El Paso amid the adoration of Chicano activists who said he continues to inspire them, Mexican-Americans and others to fight for their rights.

La Fe Clinic co-sponsored the tribute with the Mexican Consulate in El Paso.

"He's part of the leadership of the Chicano movement, somebody who has spent all his life in the struggle and continues to fight for his people and continues to make the demands that are necessary for us to finally become first-class citizens," said La Fe Clinic Executive Director Salvador Balcorta. "He has given a lot of himself."

Tijerina is often described as one of the great warriors of the Chicano movement, along with César Chávez, the California farmworker organizer; Colorado Chicano activist Rodolfo "Corky" Gonzales; and La Raza Unida Party founder José Angel Gutiérrez in Texas.Tijerina, a former Protestant minister, was the only major activist in the early Chicano movement who served time in prison. His influence is still felt.

"Without the efforts of Mr. Tijerina, we wouldn't be here," said John Estrada, president and chairman of La Fe Clinic's board of directors.

Estrada presented Tijerina a plaque on behalf of La Fe Clinic for "his lifetime commitment to human rights, social justice activism and to the Chicano civil rights movement."

"He deserves to be recognized for all the struggles that he went through, especially at the end of the '50s and the beginning of the '60s," an epoch that was even more racist than today, said Socorro Tabuenca, academic director for the Center of Inter-American and Border Studies at the University of Texas at El Paso.

Tijerina, accompanied by his wife, Esperanza, glowed as he also received kisses, pats on the back, abrazos and white carnations in the shadow of paintings depicting César Chávez and the revolutionary leader Che Guevara, two other Hispanic icons.

http://boards.brownpride.com/showthr...l-112153.html?
Note the signature line above...

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-31-2010 at 09:03 AM.