Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Continent Thief

Default Here's a law I never knew existed

Cancellation of removal
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cancellation of removal is a form of immigration relief available to individuals who have been placed in removal proceedings before the United States Executive Office for Immigration Review. It was designed to replace suspension of deportation, a form of relief available prior to the passage of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 ("IIRIRA"). A different standard for eligibility for cancellation is applied for lawful permanent residents ("LPRs") and non-LPRs. Recipients of a grant of cancellation are eligible for permanent residency in the United States.

Cancellation of Removal for Non-Permanent Residents
Pursuant to INA §240A(b), cancellation is available to a non-permanent resident of the United States in any immigration status who--

1) Has continuously resided in the United States for at least ten years; and
2) Has been a person of good moral character throughout this time; and
3) Is not otherwise subject to criminal bars arising from a conviction of any crime outlined in INA §212(a)(2), §237(a)(2), or §237(a)(3); and
4) Establishes that removal would result in "exceptional and extremely unusual hardship" to the alien's spouse, parent, or child who is a United States citizen or legal permanent resident.

The application form for non-LPR-based Cancellation of Removal is the EOIR-42B.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 11-25-2009, 03:25 PM

I wouldn't depend on Wikipedia for any legal information.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I wouldn't depend on Wikipedia for any legal information.
It's also available here in much more detail:
http://www.uscis.gov/propub/DocView/...1/2/72?hilite=

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 11-26-2009, 08:12 AM

Notice the law requires the corrupt institution of LPR's, Legal Permanent Residents. There should be no such thing as anyone in the US who can stay here as long as they want without fulfilling the requirements for citizenship and applying for same. The United States exists for its citizens only, nobody else has cause to live here permanently. Nobody.

Get rid of LPR's and PRA's, Permanent Resident Aliens (Are they the same thing?) and the law will dry up and blow away.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:40 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Notice the law requires the corrupt institution of LPR's, Legal Permanent Residents. There should be no such thing as anyone in the US who can stay here as long as they want without fulfilling the requirements for citizenship and applying for same. The United States exists for its citizens only, nobody else has cause to live here permanently. Nobody.

Get rid of LPR's and PRA's, Permanent Resident Aliens (Are they the same thing?) and the law will dry up and blow away.
Well I'm certainly glad our ancestors, and even the founding fathers, didn't feel the way you do. If we had never allowed legal immigration into this country a lot of us wouldn't even be here today.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Old 11-27-2009, 04:00 AM

Default Error

The Wikipedia version doesn't jive with the Federal statute. Looks like a few words were juggled.

For the record immigrants are admitted legally for permanent residence. It's the Green Card ! They can stay permanently.