Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Communities in Crisis

Communities in Crisis California cities, towns, and counties suffering under corruption, crime, foreign influence or economic loss

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-24-2010, 03:25 PM
SOS Associate

If he's being railroaded, he will want people on the outside to know what they are accusing him of. He doesn't have to mention his side of the story, but just relay what they are accusing him of threatening him with.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
If he's being railroaded, he will want people on the outside to know what they are accusing him of. He doesn't have to mention his side of the story, but just relay what they are accusing him of threatening him with.
It's not that easy.

He will be given a sheet of paper which states a penal code violation. It's not anything more than may have been been provided to the press, just a Penal Code number and a bail amount. No further details. And he himself cannot discuss it further without jeopardizing his case. One should never say anything which may incriminate oneself including that which includes a blow by blow account by which one may be compromised - regardless of how innocent one is of the charges filed.

You have no idea what may have went on without having been a witness yourself or hearing honest testimony. And I will tell you that the one jury I served on maybe twenty years ago saw everyone who testified on either the prosecution or defense side without exception lied their asses off, it was evident in their body language and the way they talked.

It's a crooked racket.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-24-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:37 PM

California Criminal Threats Law

California Penal Code 422

Section 422 of the California Penal Code makes it illegal to make criminal threats (formerly called " terrorist threats"). A criminal threat under California law is a threat of immediate harm made to another person when the defendant intends to, and does, cause fear in the person threatened.

The punishment or penalty for criminal threats in California is up to three years state prison. Criminal threats is also now considered a strike under California's three strikes law.

The Elements of the Crime of Criminal Threats

1. The defendant willfully threatened to unlawfully kill or unlawfully inflict great bodily injury on another person;

2. The defendant made the threat orally or in writing or by electronic communication device;

3. The defendant intended that the statement be understood as a threat and intended that it be received by the other person;

4. The threat was so clear, immediate, unconditional, and specific that it communicated to the other person a serious intention and the immediate prospect that the threat would be carried out;

5. The threat actually caused the other person to be in sustained fear for her or his own safety or for the safety of her or his immediate family;

AND

6. The other person's fear was reasonable under the circumstances.

o Someone commits an act willfully when he or she does it willingly or on purpose.

o In deciding whether a threat was sufficiently clear, immediate, unconditional, and specific, consider the words themselves, as well as the surrounding circumstances.

o Someone who intends that a statement be understood as a threat does not have to actually intend to carry out the threatened act (or intend to have someone else do so).

o Great bodily injury means significant or substantial physical injury. It is an injury that is greater than minor or moderate harm.

o Sustained fear means fear for a period of time that is more than momentary, fleeting, or transitory.

o If a threat is intended to and does induce a sustained fear, the person making the threat need not know whether the threat was actually received.

http://www.shouselaw.com/criminal_threats.html

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Old 10-24-2010, 07:57 PM

This shows the crap they have going on.

Bail schedule in Sacramento county for PC 422 Criminal threats is only $25,000 - not one million dollars. http://www.saccourt.ca.gov/criminal/...l-schedule.pdf

In LA county it's $50,000 bail for PC 422 criminal threats - not one million dollars. http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/bail/pdf/felony.pdf

There is more here than mere criminal threats as per the law, the politics in the man's arrest are evident.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-24-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:14 PM
SOS Associate

Threatening Life of or Serious
Bodily Harm to Public Official,
Staff, or Member of Immediate
Family
$250,000
Old 10-25-2010, 04:27 AM

I am not an attorney and I have never had any kind of legal problems, however I have known some in law enforcement and I have known some who worked in and around law officers. I have know relatives of officers who told about what they do and to the ones they do these things to. Most ask that I not repeat these things.

In todays political world, I would just say think before you speak. These are not the GOOD OLD DAYS.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:42 PM

It came to me this morning how LA county will justify Million dollar bail for Snell rather than 50k for PC 422 or 100K for PC 76.

Snell is a two strike felony offender in LA county, and with a third felony strike, he faces life in prison. Bail for charges which generally would result in a life in prison or death sentence if convicted have million dollar bail figures.

DA Cooley's office has stated that they would probably pursue Snell's case as a second strike.

I found envelopes at the post office which have prepaid postage, the postage is printed into the envelopes (no stamps) - 54 cents each. I'll send the envelopes Snell with his name in the upper left hand corner (maybe it will discourage Corrections Officers from pilfering the envelopes for personal use) along with some paper. He'll have to get a writing instrument from the COs.

Quote:
LA County bail schedule

76 THREATS TO THE LIFE OF AN OFFICIAL OR JUDGE ..........................................100,000 http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/bail/pdf/felony.pdf
Quote:
Sac County bail schedule

Threatening Life of or Serious
Bodily Harm to Public Official,
Staff, or Member of Immediate
Family
$250,000 http://www.saccourt.ca.gov/criminal/...l-schedule.pdf
Quote:
San Bernardino County bail schedule

76 THREATS TO THE LIFE OF AN OFFICIAL OR JUDGE… 250,000

422 THREATS TO COMMIT CRIME OR GREAT BODILY INJURY… 50,000

http://www.sbcounty.gov/courts/pdfs/misc/felbail.pdf
My early 90's case in San Bernardino County was a 422 charge. I don't know what the bail schedule was then, but it is 50k now, no reason to think they would lower it over 20 years. They nailed me with 250k bail.

My frame up didn't start with city hall, the false police report was made an issue in front of the city council after about three weeks or so.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-25-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I am not an attorney and I have never had any kind of legal problems, however I have known some in law enforcement and I have known some who worked in and around law officers. I have know relatives of officers who told about what they do and to the ones they do these things to. Most ask that I not repeat these things.

In todays political world, I would just say think before you speak. These are not the GOOD OLD DAYS.
True. There is some nasty stuff that goes on.

Perhaps timing, picking the battle, or maybe knowing when to back off and let the situation work itself out might have been a good thing for Snell to do, but long distance hindsight is extremely easy to dispense.

There are people in the City of Bell fighting to stay out of jail and / or keep a political career - maybe the only thing they know to make a living. After Snell's recall attempt in Bell and his general pain in the ass presence in addition to the corruption scandal / turmoil, it might have been sort of like walking in on a wounded bear for Snell to be making public information requests in Bell...

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-25-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:55 AM

I stopped by the post office again yesterday and spoke with a clerk who guessed right away what I was up to. She asked "are you mailing envelopes to someone in an institution"? She also told me that a return receipt would delay delivery, she's heard that the guards don't like signing for anything.

Anyway, the postage paid envelopes are 54 cents each, and a larger envelope big enough to include a pad of paper as well is 99 cents plus postage for it all.

I also inquired of a former "guest" of LA county. He told me that paper and a pencil can be obtained from the guards, but envelopes and stamps are hard to come by. He said to get envelopes which have the stamp embossed on them, that incredible as it sounds drugs get smuggled into jail under stamps, and take the metal tab off of manila envelopes and seal it with tape only - some prisoners are very creative in taking anything metal or plastic and fashioning weapons. The inference to me is that either delivery will be delayed or maybe not forwarded to the prisoner at all with the tab. He also said that any writing instruments sent will be confiscated by the guards.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-27-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:39 AM

They gave my son the 6 stamped envelopes that I sent. The post office licked the stamps although the prison had no way of knowing that. You need a paper from the inmate for a package. It gives you a list of what can be sent, weight, rules, etc. The paper must be attached to the package when it's sent. In order for the inmate to get pencils, ect, is to send them a Postal money order with their name and booking number on it. My son will not get any more from me, until he's sent a $20.00 money order for Christmas. I also folded the envelopes and put them into a small manila envelope. Hope this helps you.
Wish I didn't even know about this stuff.