Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-27-2011, 06:57 AM
SOS Associate

Default Recent War Vet Teaches Veterans To Farm

This is the first I've heard of it, and I plan to look in on it in the future, but initially this looks like a good thing to me. Americans doing their own farming
is a good sized nail in the illegal mexican import scam

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/03/27/350...ition-has.html

Quote:
Hart landed his internship through the Davis-based Farmer Veteran Coalition, a program gaining national attention for its work in recruiting fresh blood to a declining U.S. farming industry while training returning veterans, many of them injured or disabled, for employment.
Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/03/27/350...#ixzz1HoOxZgDF
Old 03-27-2011, 10:45 AM

That is one of the best, if not the best, news I have heard about our food.
People say those are jobs Americans will not do but this is one American who did do those jobs. To this day I do as much gardening as I am able to do.

I have not purchased green onions in about 2 years because they are ALL from Mexico and my seed have not been coming up when I plant them.

I check where almost all my food comes from. I recently discovered that Kellog's Raisn Bran is now "Product of Mexico. So are Nabisco graham crackers. Kraft is on the Mexico product. People should check where the food is coming from. You know they say "You are what you eat.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:08 PM

Living in an agricultural area this hits close to home. Remo, your point is well taken. That is why their "If we didn't have illegals a head of lettuce would cost $5" is such crap. The cost of agriculture is mostly the marketing, the labor is subsidized by the taxpayer. I'm learning more and more about exactly how much the taxpayer is paying for by attending our city council meetings twice a month. Just last week I found out that the taxpayer has paid for over 250 late model GMC vans that the illegals can "check out" at no cost except mileage. That's right, no cost for gas, maintenance, license, insurance or anything else. The taxpayer pays for everything else, including roadside assistance!!! All that is required is for one person to have a drivers license, and it doesn't state that is has to be a California Drivers License.

These illegals get Section 8 housing, free medical, food stamps, free childcare, free legal services and just about anything they need.

When you add it all up they get about $25-$30 an hour. I took the time to consider what they receive and divided it by 40 hr worked.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Just last week I found out that the taxpayer has paid for over 250 late model GMC vans that the illegals can "check out" at no cost except mileage. That's right, no cost for gas, maintenance, license, insurance or anything else.
Is this a great country or what!

Seriously, who or what part of the government is doing this.

If I were an illegal alien and desired to make a road trip with eight of my closest illegal buddies, just who would I approach?

What sort of paperwork would I have to fill out?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Seriously, who or what part of the government is doing this.
That is something I would like to know also.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:29 PM

Here’s what the flier for the vans states.

Cal-Vans provides save, reliable and low-cost transportation to workers on all regions of California.
Economical
15-passenger vans are loaded free to the driver. Passengers pay a low rate based on the number of miles traveled per week. The gas, maintenance and $10million in liability insurance are included in the price.

Simple
You are not required to sign a contract, If you have no work, you can simply return the van. When work resumes, you can use the van again. And no credit check is required, either.

Comfortable
All vans are late-model GMC Savanas equipped with air conditioning and CD players. Vans for agricultural workers are also equipped with water receivers, trailer hitch, fire extinguishers and first aid kits.

Safe
Cal-Vans gives you the means to arrive to work on time in a safe, reliable vehicle. 24/7 roadside assistance is included.

California Vanpool Authority
Formerly KART/AITS
50 Julian St
Ventura, Ca