Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > United States Federal government

United States Federal government Topics and information relating to the federal government of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-18-2011, 10:41 PM
SOS Associate

Default Feds Claiming Veto Power On State Commercial Drivers License With Haz Mat

Things have slowed up so much in my business that I've been holding myself out in any other capacity lately, and since I hold a commercial Drivers license, I offer myself up as a relief driver for big rigs, bob tail trucks, or whatever else. I just had to turn down a 3 day job because I did not have a passenger vehicle endorsement on my Class A license. In other words, I can drive 75 foot tractor trailers, including doubles and triple combinations, but can't drive a bus. So I decided to get an upgrade to keep my value at a premium in these difficult times. While I was at it, I also thought I'd upgrade to a hazardous materials (haz mat) endorsement so I could be hired to pull tankers, bottled gasses, chemicals, etc. I actually had that endorsement in the 90's, but stopped renewing it many years ago for lack of need. What I discovered though, was that our big brother is now reviewing the applications for Haz Mat, and they can deny it even though it's a state issued license.

Quote:
Hazardous Materials Endorsement Background Check and Disqualifications

If you require a hazardous materials endorsement you will be required to submit your fingerprints and be subject to a background check.

You will be denied or you will lose your hazardous materials endorsement if you:
•Are not a lawful permanent resident of the United States.
•Renounce your United States citizenship.
•Are wanted or under indictment for certain felonies.
•Have a conviction in military or civilian court for certain felonies.
•Have been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution.
•Are considered to pose a security threat as determined by the Transportation Security Administration.
This is going to be interesting. I guess I'll find out if the feds really consider people like us a threat just because we're TEA Party/immigration protesters/rights crusaders/constitution supporters etc. One other things springs to mind after reading this, and that's the one about renouncing your citizenship. Those "souvereigns" that we've spoken about recently don't acknowledge citizenship, but rather "free men". I'm wondering if the TSA sees someone not acknowledging citizenship the same as renouncing it.

One last thing. How far back does your permanent record go? Well, when you're a commercial driver, apparently 55 years. A major violation will stay on your record for 55 years. A major violation can be as minor as driving a bus without a passenger endorsement on your class A license:

Quote:
Violation Point Counts

Convictions that occur while you are driving a commercial vehicle or as a holder of a commercial driver license are retained on your driving record as listed below:
•Major violations and disqualification actions, 55 years
•Out-of-service violations and disqualification actions, 15 years
•Collisions, serious violations and disqualification actions, 10 years
•Railroad grade crossings and disqualification actions, 4 years
•Minor convictions, 3 years

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 08-18-2011 at 10:50 PM.