Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-02-2014, 11:17 AM
SOS Associate

Default Joe Turner Shows True motives

This is a PERSONAL opinion. At this time, we, the non-profit corporation Save Our State, has not developed our official position and/or response.

The old URL for Save Our State, www.SaveOurState.org/ , is being used again in a commercial enterprise. I believe Joe is developing the old URL as a business, so he can capitalize on the history of the name, the time it's been in use, and possibly old goodwill in the mailing list and other benefits that accompany an existing url.

The possible infringement on our corporate name aside, everyone should take a look at motive and history here. Although Joe Turner gained a lot of publicity during his reign at SOS, his impact on the actual problem was really minimal. Furthermore, a great deal of the publicity he was able to capture came from the hard work and dedication of members like us. In addition, if you examine the time that Joe Turner actually dedicated to the illegal immigration issue, you'll find it was far from dedication. He started in 2004, and left the helm of SOS around 2006 to run for office. After he quietly tried to just abandon us and the corporation in 2008, he largely went quiet about illegal immigration. After he was hired by the County of San Bernardino, he has kept his mouth shut and his head down. Now he seeks to capitalize on the laurels of our work for profit.

Again, this is a personal opinion. I don't pull punches when I believe I, or we, have been used and sold out for the benefit of some single person. A lot of us have risked life and liberty in the this immigration effort, and when I see people profiting, or trying to from it, I get really angry. It is precisely the same behavior we find in so very many of the politicians we so revile in the state house and the federal government. They say what we want to hear, but their later actions show their true motives.

I'm not going to get into the possible legal issues that I believe are being raised with him keeping and using the old URL at this time, as that is something we'll take up in a board meeting and with legal counsel. I'm just pointing at the nature of this person when you look at facts instead of what you'd like to believe
Old 02-03-2014, 01:09 PM

I joined SOS about 10 months after its inception and going back to that time I can attest to, having seen and heard it first hand, everything AG has stated is true. Joe abandoned the organization and even early on when he did show up he was not very approachable. He would stand away from the volunteers and if spoken to by those he was not close to he would either refused to answer or just barely responded. Why he acted so is for him to explain, not me.

As for who actually invested in the organization, it was the volunteers, hundreds of them. We volunteered our money and our time, from handing our leaflets/fliers, often driving long distances to marches, rallies and counter protests, making phone calls, posting on blogs, helping organize and getting out the message. Without the volunteers there would have been NOTHING!!!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:46 PM

Again, this is a personal opinion. I don't pull punches when I believe I, or we, have been used and sold out for the benefit of some single person. A lot of us have risked life and liberty in the this immigration effort, and when I see people profiting, or trying to from it, I get really angry. It is precisely the same behavior we find in so very many of the politicians we so revile in the state house and the federal government. They say what we want to hear, but their later actions show their true motives.

I disagree with what you are saying about Joe. First, I will tell you that I do not know what I am to Joe but I am a friend to him, always have been. Always will be. If not for Joe starting the first SOS, NONE of us would be here today.
I found Joe to be very well informed and he knew the members who were present. One day I said "I don't know if you remember me " and started to tell him my name. He said I know who you are.
He always had time to talk to every one as far as I could tell. He never cut any one short.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:40 AM

Default More info please !

I must be missing something.

Naturally as an outsider, from the East Coast, I am not very well informed. And probably shouldn't be getting involved here.

Lot's of the pro-American, anti illegal alien, people, groups, organizations have now folded and gone away. Lots. There are only a few left.

What I seem to be uninformed about is the context of the opening statement here above. There seem to be four SOS organizations according to Google. One with the suffix .info; one .Org.; one Org au, and one .com. One of those adds a suffix "S" making States plural and it seems to be associated with Maryland. Org au is Australian.

The .Org site is something of a mystery. It has nothing to do with immigration. It is actually some sort of a promotional "gimmick" for "app's".

http://www.saveourstate.org/

So I don't get the connection to, or with, Joe Turner. Not that it matters.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:51 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
I must be missing something.

Naturally as an outsider, from the East Coast, I am not very well informed. And probably shouldn't be getting involved here.

Lot's of the pro-American, anti illegal alien, people, groups, organizations have now folded and gone away. Lots. There are only a few left.

What I seem to be uninformed about is the context of the opening statement here above. There seem to be four SOS organizations according to Google. One with the suffix .info; one .Org.; one Org au, and one .com. One of those adds a suffix "S" making States plural and it seems to be associated with Maryland. Org au is Australian.

The .Org site is something of a mystery. It has nothing to do with immigration. It is actually some sort of a promotional "gimmick" for "app's".

http://www.saveourstate.org/

So I don't get the connection to, or with, Joe Turner. Not that it matters.
The Save Our State.org site was, and still is, registered to Save Our State. When Joe tried to just back away from the corp, he kept the .org url for himself. When we complained to the state that he had not filed the proper paperwork, the state contacted him, and after several notices, he finally did, claiming their were no assets left. The URL is an asset.
When we took over the Save Our state corp, Joe made a demand for the URL that we refused to comply with. When we refused, he demanded money from us for himself instead. We refused again. We already had the .info while the old site was still up, and we had demanded that he stop publishing under the Save Our State name, as it was an infringement upon the use. He took down the old site, and then it just went dormant. Now he's trying to use it as his own to make money with. Totally against the code where non-profits are concerned
Old 02-04-2014, 12:04 PM

Saveourstate was originally part of another group that got (not sure of the number but I think it was 198) Proposition 198 on the ballot that passed here in California. The proposition was to prevent illegals from receiving any entitlements. Barbara Coe was part of that organization. Others may know more about the particulars.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post

I disagree with what you are saying about Joe. First, I will tell you that I do not know what I am to Joe but I am a friend to him, always have been. Always will be. If not for Joe starting the first SOS, NONE of us would be here today.
I found Joe to be very well informed and he knew the members who were present. One day I said "I don't know if you remember me " and started to tell him my name. He said I know who you are.
He always had time to talk to every one as far as I could tell. He never cut any one short.
Joe did not start the first SOS. He started the street activism.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:39 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
You're certainly entitled to your opinion Rim. But I'd encourage you to look at the history. The cockroach nightingale started out that way as well. she cozy'ed up to everyone and spoke well of each member. But you know what happened in the end. She let others savage you too while she sat quiet and in power.

Quote:
He always had time to talk to every one as far as I could tell. He never cut any one short
And Joe sat back and did nothing while the cockroach spoke ill of many of us, right? I know I asked for him to intervene several times. He did not, and wouldn't respond.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:49 PM

Red face Researching

I'm looking into everything and I will be back with more in due course.

In the meantime keep the chin up and continue vigorously.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:45 AM

Default Changes

Well, Folks, it seems that there has been a change. The above link, Saveourstate.org no longer takes a person to the "world apps" site like before. It now opens a blog page.

There is also a write up on Wikipedia. It seems rather old and dated.

Not much else on Google. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...urner+from+sos

It's predominantly yesterdays newspaper dating back around 2005.

Last edited by wetibbe; 02-07-2014 at 03:52 AM.