Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > California Schools

California Schools Topics And Information Relating To California Schools

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-02-2009, 08:35 AM

Default UCLA Extension Course: "Whiteness in US History...."

Check out this nifty on line UCLA Extension course set for January 2010: Understanding "whiteness" in American history and culture. If you don't already have enough white guilt or if you're a non-white who still does not already harbor pathological hatred of white people and white culture and you have an extra $535.00, you can sign up for this nifty class and get academic credit for learning to hate white people because they're responsible for all the evils of the world.

Understanding Whiteness in American History and Culture: Deconstructing White Privilege for the Reconstruction of an Anti-Racist White Identity (Online)

History XL M151C

4.00 units
Reg. # Status Location Start Date Fee
V4281 Open online 1/7/2010 $535 Add to Cart

Eurocentric American history often masks the saliency of how the formation of Whiteness ultimately supports mechanisms of race and racism. This course outlines the historical development of Whiteness and critically analyzes the sociological results that stem from its birth. Segmented into three modules, the course provides a historical framework of the birth of Whiteness; explores Whiteness (namely, White Supremacy and White Privilege) and how they impact people of color and uphold racial hierarchy; and, in acknowledging that the relevance of history is inextricably tied to modern society, draws from liberatory, transformative, and emancipatory praxis, to engage in a REconstruction of anti-racist white racial identity. Throughout the course students are expected to critically engage in dialogue and identify and challenge their preconceived racial assumptions. For technical requirements click here.

January 7 - March 25

12 meetings total

https://www.uclaextension.edu/r/Course.aspx?reg=V4281
Old 12-02-2009, 01:47 PM

This is EXACTLY what is happening and being taught at just about all of the colleges and universities. Wake up! It all starts in our schools. I could say that a thousand times, yet how many are listening? Take time to find out what and where this mindset started and continues at full force today. And your tax dollars are paying for it.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:52 PM

There's been a bunch of stuff that sounds like this in the print media over the last few months or so. The latest I saw was an essay in the LA Times the other day along the lines of institutionalized racism in organizations which oppress minorities without "white oppressors" realizing it.

Total crap.

I don't believe in the all encompassing conspiracy theory thing, but it seems to be more intensified since Obama has been in office and it gets closer to the Democratic time table to push amnesty.

Opposition to Obama's agendas is "racist", as is objection to the health care scam. Racism is implied in opinion essays which flatly say "White middle age middle class Californians don't want to spend money educating minorities", is claimed as motivation for enforcing immigration laws, 187g, and much more ad infinatum, ad naseum...

A couple of years ago, the papers were full of "poor, deserving (illegal) immigrant stories, then when the economy took a dive they babbled a couple of months about how many "Latinos" were out of work, then switched to "white racism" without much reference to "hard working" illegals.

It's like "once size fits all" Japanese pantyhose three or four decades ago.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:46 PM

It makes one wonder. What has become of intellectual rigor in our universities? It is easy to be shocked by such nonsense, but why is there no intellectual scandal? Any idiot can see that there is nothing to this kind of stuff, and since it is so easy to see, you would think that a university professor with an ounce of integrity could pull it apart and leave it all in the gutter on a lunch break. But there is no intellectual opposition.

And you know where we have seen this kind of foolishness before? Racism. Real racism when they used to teach it at the universities. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if there aren't still a few universities out there, somewhere, that are still teaching, good ole' fashion racial superiority, where white people are avowed to be genetically superior as human being to the rest of the nonwhite world (Not talking the Asians I guess, mostly "negroes" and aboriginal people everywhere). The real struggle against racism in the universities was an intellectual struggle with intellectual rigor. It didn't take much. Racial superiority has very little observation to back it up and real racism died an easy death in the universities.

Until now.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
It makes one wonder. What has become of intellectual rigor in our universities? It is easy to be shocked by such nonsense, but why is there no intellectual scandal? Any idiot can see that there is nothing to this kind of stuff, and since it is so easy to see, you would think that a university professor with an ounce of integrity could pull it apart and leave it all in the gutter on a lunch break. But there is no intellectual opposition.

And you know where we have seen this kind of foolishness before? Racism. Real racism when they used to teach it at the universities. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if there aren't still a few universities out there, somewhere, that are still teaching, good ole' fashion racial superiority, where white people are avowed to be genetically superior as human being to the rest of the nonwhite world (Not talking the Asians I guess, mostly "negroes" and aboriginal people everywhere). The real struggle against racism in the universities was an intellectual struggle with intellectual rigor. It didn't take much. Racial superiority has very little observation to back it up and real racism died an easy death in the universities.

Until now.
What it seems you don't quite get is that these professors aren't neutral in their opinion of this 'hate White America', they support it and encourage it. And I'm not referring to a few, it is the majority of professors. The staff maybe to a lesser degree, but not by much. Those few professors and staff that don't agree with this anti American philosophy are afraid to say anything. I experienced it while I was in school just over a year ago. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and seeing. It is really bad, and you couldn't even imagine how bad unless you see it for your self.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
What it seems you don't quite get is that these professors aren't neutral in their opinion of this 'hate White America', they support it and encourage it. And I'm not referring to a few, it is the majority of professors. The staff maybe to a lesser degree, but not by much. Those few professors and staff that don't agree with this anti American philosophy are afraid to say anything. I experienced it while I was in school just over a year ago. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and seeing. It is really bad, and you couldn't even imagine how bad unless you see it for your self.
What you don't seem to get is that opinion has very little intellectual weight in a university and intellectual weight is what universities are supposed to be all about.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
What you don't seem to get is that opinion has very little intellectual weight in a university and intellectual weight is what universities are supposed to be all about.
Weight or no weight, that's not the point I was making. They don't care whether any of it has merit or common sense. What it is, is indoctrination and these academics completely believe in it. They completely believe in installing a hatred for Whites and self loathing. And until everyone else feels that way, they feel it is their responsibility to "expose how horrible White people are". It's not just a few or a small handful. It's at the core of teaching in our schools.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Weight or no weight, that's not the point I was making. They don't care whether any of it has merit or common sense. What it is, is indoctrination and these academics completely believe in it. They completely believe in installing a hatred for Whites and self loathing. And until everyone else feels that way, they feel it is their responsibility to "expose how horrible White people are". It's not just a few or a small handful. It's at the core of teaching in our schools.
Universities represent what is supposed to be the frontiers of knowledge and human understanding. They do research at universities and sometimes they study people, societies and cultures and the standards of thinking that are required before you can aspire to a PhD are supposed to be very tough. The personal opinions of professors only very rarely carry any weight. Any professor with any integrity would disavow personal belief as the first place they would look for representing their conclusions on their areas of study.

Notice that this is not really a university course, but a university extension course. Still it is a sad display, and any university should be ashamed to have that kind of drivel associated with it.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Universities represent what is supposed to be the frontiers of knowledge and human understanding. They do research at universities and sometimes they study people, societies and cultures and the standards of thinking that are required before you can aspire to a PhD are supposed to be very tough. The personal opinions of professors only very rarely carry any weight. Any professor with any integrity would disavow personal belief as the first place they would look for representing their conclusions on their areas of study.

Notice that this is not really a university course, but a university extension course. Still it is a sad display, and any university should be ashamed to have that kind of drivel associated with it.
Things are as they are 'suppose to be'. That is the problem And have you heard of 'tenure' professors can say or do ANYTHING in their classes as long as it doesn't break the law. We can thank the Berkeley Beats for that. I have spent years on seven campuses and lived in a UCLA dorm with over 600 UCLA students both under grads and post grads withing the last ten years. I saw first hand what the philosophy and culture of the colleges and universities are today. And by the way, those personal opinions of those professors are the same professors who are the committees that approve whether someone receives their PHD. You bet their opinions matter. And you better not disagree with them, especially those with the farthest to the left.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 PM

The universities and their professors are not going to hold themselves to intellectual standards not respected by the public in general. And that is where the problem is. People are getting more and more superstitious and ignorant every day. A good part of these low standards are directly due to our wretched state of immigration.

Not only are they more and more superstitious every day, but they don't like it when science contradicts their superstitious beliefs. Creationism, for example, has no intellectual respectability in biology or geology and yet demands intellectual respectability from everyone else.

Racism is another example. People want to be racist and want now and have wanted the universities and science to back them up. But there is no science to back them up. Doesn't matter, it's forced into the universities like a square peg into a round hole. And only professors who agree get the tenure. Professors don't write their own paychecks.