Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Social Scene > Sports

Sports Topics relating to sports

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-01-2010, 06:54 PM

Default Sock It to MLB and the Chicago White Sox

At one time a General Manager of a certain Major League Baseball team was fired because of remarks he made about black athletes, and why their on the field success had not translated into managerial success. Ozzie Guillen, the manager of the Chicago White Sox, said the following,

Quote:
There's a lot of people from this country who are lazy. We're not. Prove me wrong. A lot of people in this country want to be on the computer and send e-mails to people. WE (Hispanics) do the hard work. We're the ones who go out and work in the sun to make this country
better.
Of course Ozzie doesn't say that he made, as a player, and makes as a manager, an amount of money that is vastly above what the average Venezuelan makes in a lifetime in that workers' paradise. Of course, the money Guillen made was from those people he just insulted. I am of the opinion that Guillen should be fired. Are you?

Light 'em up, folks!

bud.selig@mlb.com
bob.dupuy@mlb.com
tim.brosnan@mlb.com
MLB Commissioner's office: 212-931-7800