Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > United States Federal government

United States Federal government Topics and information relating to the federal government of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-27-2010, 06:48 AM

Default ozbama ready to shoot himself in the OTHER foot

This is the year that ozbama is finally going to institute his version of amnesty, comprehensive immigration reform.

Gotta say one thing, he is talented. His talent lies in putting his finger on just the one thing that will make Americans BLOW at any given moment. Amnesty (and if he refers to it as anything else it will only get worse for him) is the one issue that Americans of both parties, dare I say ALL parties agree on. We would rather have deportation than legalization. We have high unemployment as it is, criminal aliens have lowered wages and job expectations wherever they settle.

When he makes this announcement, tonight, the Tea Parties will fade into the background as mere coffee klaches.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...-82777882.html

Of all the issues that could add to the self-inflicted wounds of Democratic leaders in Congress and the White House, comprehensive immigration reform is perhaps at the top of the list. After the health care fiasco, the unpassable-in-the-Senate cap-and-trade legislation, and lingering public unhappiness with the stimulus, would Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid really turn their attention to comprehensive immigration reform in this election year?
The answer is yes. The latest indication that Obama plans to move ahead on his commitment to comprehensive reform is in a set of videos released by the White House to mark the president's first year in office. The videos, in which cabinet members explain their goals for the coming year, are on the White House website. In one of them, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano touts her department's efforts in 2009 to deploy "more people, technology, and resources" at the nation's borders. In 2010, Napolitano says, Homeland Security will work on aviation security, information sharing, border security, and: "We will pursue comprehensive immigration reform to address longstanding problems with our immigration system."
But just how committed is the White House to the passage of a reform bill? Napolitano's immigration pledge was brought up at Tuesday's White House briefing. "What's this going to look like?" a reporter asked press secretary Robert Gibbs.
"Well, I think one of the things the President will -- has talked about and one of the things you'll hear him mention [in the State of the Union speech] and in the coming days, similar to what I've said on cap and trade, and that is that if -- we've started a process on this and if Congress can put together the way forward, a coalition to get the way forward, then it's something we'll work through," Gibbs said.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
When he makes this announcement, tonight, the Tea Parties will fade into the background as mere coffee klaches.
And that is likely the reason for it. the whole TEA party movement is getting too powerful, and the masters of the US want t o bust it up a little. Just because the TEA partiers have some similar agendas doesn't mean they are all on the same page on illegals. The TEA Partiers here in Sac joined forces with the Latino water rights coalition to get an agenda passed on pumping water south..
I should also point out that not all TEA party'ers are on the same page either.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 AM

I was actually referring to size and ferocity. When he proposes his amnesty, there is going to be a backlash like Godzilla swinging his tail. Since last summer more people have lost their jobs, taxes have gone up, The public is already being forced to accept hatian criminal aliens and refugees. The public is in no mood to have amnesty imposed along with everything else.

Getting the water turned on is SO important, if I could do it, I would have gone to a protest for that myself.

I found our recently that there is a bill to overturn that Judge's decision by federal legislative action. It's bottled up in committee by none other than Nancy Pelosi.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:48 AM

Yep he's loading and locking. Aimed right at his big toe.

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...ration-reform/
Old 01-27-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
I was actually referring to size and ferocity. When he proposes his amnesty, there is going to be a backlash like Godzilla swinging his tail. Since last summer more people have lost their jobs, taxes have gone up, The public is already being forced to accept hatian criminal aliens and refugees. The public is in no mood to have amnesty imposed along with everything else.

Getting the water turned on is SO important, if I could do it, I would have gone to a protest for that myself.

I found our recently that there is a bill to overturn that Judge's decision by federal legislative action. It's bottled up in committee by none other than Nancy Pelosi.
I don't necessarily agree with you on the water issue. For one, the growers aren't growing food just for us, actually much is being shipped out of the country. We're eating produce grown south of us. The growers are contributing to the political purses of those who will give them more of those migrant work visas. And if we didn't have this huge invasion which will double in basically no time at all, we wouldn't be using up as much of that natural resource as we are using. When those in power begin to realize that we can not sustain the population these breeders will bring this state to, then maybe they will wake up to what they're encouraging.

We need to actually face the fact that humans can not do without water, and the population can only sustain itself when there is a sufficient supply. We all ready artificially move it from place to place, borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. But there come a time when there's no place to borrow from and you've overpopulated. The politicians did this with our finances, like a shell game they borrowed from one to pay another, hiding the fact of where the money came from. Until there were no more shells left to take from. That's what will happen with water, and is happening to some questionable degree today.

If you remember a few years back, they tried to put together that big Newhall land development between Valencia and Ventura county. Ventura County stopped it at the county line because the developers couldn't come up with the water supply needed for that many homes and businesses. LA County didn't seem to care. So the project was cut in half and last I heard is L A (Valencia) plans on continuing the project.

You see some, actually most, politicians and big business are like junkies who will destroy their one bodies until there's no other place to turn. I'm of the opinion that they need to be cut off cold turkey and go through withdrawals until they face the situation we are in and do what is needed before we have no choice in the matter at all.

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 01-27-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:22 PM

When the federal judge ordered the water to the farms and ranches cut off, it was to protect the snail darter fish.

There was no lessening or reduction in the criminal alien invasion. What happened was that everyone found their water useage reduced. We do buy a lot of produce mostly from Chile (which has mechanized farms). More now than before because now there is very little California grown produce at all.

If you like what's happened to the produce, you will love what is going to happen to poultry and eggs because this is the last year we will have domestic affordable food like that. Again, because of foolish legislative actions. If the farmers haven't already left, they will now.

If you want a good picture of what the future of California is, look at Haiti.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:00 PM

I heard an internet radio show by farmers who are into this stuff and from what I could gather, under these goof ball free trade arrangements we export substantial amounts of food and import other food. The net effect is that we're losing control over our domestic food supply and will be vulnerable to imports...like Great Britain in two world wars was vulnerable to blockade and starvation.

The whole structure of our country is being manipulated so as to make us as vulnerable and weak as possible. The illegal alien invasion is just one aspect of it.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:56 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:

Kathy,
The water issue is not just the dems vs repubs. It is greed vs people. The agribusiness and the developers are addicted to growth, and they'll join forces or work both sides of the street to keep the business flowing. Bottom line is though, more water = more illegals, and more cost. Water doesn't go down in price no matter how much their is, so peons like us will lose unless we keep control of it. We let them turn the delta pumps on and ship the water south, and you'll see barrios springing up around you everywhere, and everywhere you hope to move.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Kathy,
The water issue is not just the dems vs repubs. It is greed vs people. The agribusiness and the developers are addicted to growth, and they'll join forces or work both sides of the street to keep the business flowing. Bottom line is though, more water = more illegals, and more cost. Water doesn't go down in price no matter how much their is, so peons like us will lose unless we keep control of it. We let them turn the delta pumps on and ship the water south, and you'll see barrios springing up around you everywhere, and everywhere you hope to move.
Glad somebody brought that up. The history of water in California is the history of Mexican parasitism on the state and the country.

Isn't it true that a good part of the Mexican water supply in Northern Mexico is from California?
Old 01-27-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
When the federal judge ordered the water to the farms and ranches cut off, it was to protect the snail darter fish.

There was no lessening or reduction in the criminal alien invasion. What happened was that everyone found their water useage reduced. We do buy a lot of produce mostly from Chile (which has mechanized farms). More now than before because now there is very little California grown produce at all.

If you like what's happened to the produce, you will love what is going to happen to poultry and eggs because this is the last year we will have domestic affordable food like that. Again, because of foolish legislative actions. If the farmers haven't already left, they will now.

If you want a good picture of what the future of California is, look at Haiti.
Kathy I wasn't implying there was a reduction in the invaders, and I'm not happy that a large amount of our produce is coming from south of the border. Who knows was sewer water or contaminated fields they're using. What I stating is we have limited resources and killing off something to support another that shouldn't be here in the first place will come back to bit us is the rear in the years to come. The growers are scamming the public big time and that needs to be exposed. The land may eventually be turned into housing, which needs more water. That's what they tried to do with the Newhall land development. That is all agricultural land that runs along Highway 126 from just about where Piru ends all the way to interstate 5. That would house a lot of people, but requires tremendous amounts of water. That is why Ventura County said no, because we are a big agricultural county and that water has to go toward growing food. If this invasion continues, they will have to build more housing, and the farmers will lose. But this battle will continue until the farmers and government come to the realize we can't have both. If we keep giving the farmers water when it is damaging other natural resources, which fish are (even small fish feed big fish) the problem gets swept under the rug until there's no turning back. Someones got to take a hit before they will deal with anything. Let it be the farmers, and let's hope they all wake up before this state is nothing but housing and concrete.