Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 PM

Default Have you noticed this in your neighborhood?

I noticed something while driving home yesterday; I didn’t see one campaign sign for Obama!!! I did see one for Romney, but just one. But compared to the same neighborhoods in 2008 where there was an Obama campaign sign on just about every third house and so many bumper stickers for Obama it seemed as though it was hard to drive more than two blocks without seeing a car with an Obama sticker. But today, wow, what a difference, even here in Southern California.

I was just wondering if any of you were noticing the same thing. Obama will win California, no doubt, but they’re not bragging about it.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:08 PM

Yes, I've noticed it also. I've also noticed some of my liberal friends, and die hard democrats making comments not exactly supportive of Obama. I'm not even sure if they will make it to the polls.
In a way it was easier for Democrats to support a politician that had virtually no accomplishments then one that we have been living with now for four years.
I guess it doesn't matter I'm sure Obama will still take California
Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 PM

I remember the election in 2008. There was such hysteria over Obama.
I remember at my job so many people were getting emails and "tweets" and messages from Obama central. One woman put up a giant four foot poster of Obama in her office..
On election day I was working in Disney land and stopped at a ceramic supply store in Santa Ana on my way home. The clerk in the store asked me if I voted for Obama, and said he would refuse any service if I didn't. I politely told him I don't discuss politics with strangers.
I felt like Rome had fallen and the Huns had taken over.

In hind site I can't believe I voted of McCain. Republicans deserved to loose in 2008. For better or worse we survived four years of Obama. He's done a lot of damage to the USA, but I have to admit that 8 years of Bush was a lot more destructive. If Obama wins re-election tomorrow, We will survive.

Although I'm voting for Romney, I would rather Obama get elected if Romney is going to push an amnesty. It will be easier to defeat an Obama amnesty than a Romney amnesty. I think Numbers USA gives Romney a C or C- on immigration.

I guess my vote is moot, because California is going all Democrat.

Good luck to all of us tomorrow.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 11-05-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:06 AM

I went out and voted about 7:00 AM. I wanted to hurry and get it done.
You are correct about the yard signs. The only sign in my neighborhood is for Linda Sanchez, absolutely no one else. I have seen one car with an Obama sign on it.
A friend took me to Pasadena last week and we drove around for a while. There were a lot of signs for both Obama and Romney. In San Marino, there were signs in many yards and most were Obama signs. I told the friend that I was surprised that so many in San Marino were for Obama, she said you have to go to the 'old money' neighborhoods to find Romney signs.

That is some of what I found out when I registered to vote at age 21. I did not stay with the R Party very long because I found they were only for the wealthy (remember the 47 percent Romney talked about in that video?)
I also found them to be the dirtiest of all. That is why I left the party more than 60 years ago and never to return.
If there is a good Rep. I will vote for him/her, but in a tight race I will still go some other party.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I went out and voted about 7:00 AM. I wanted to hurry and get it done.
You are correct about the yard signs. The only sign in my neighborhood is for Linda Sanchez, absolutely no one else. I have seen one car with an Obama sign on it.
A friend took me to Pasadena last week and we drove around for a while. There were a lot of signs for both Obama and Romney. In San Marino, there were signs in many yards and most were Obama signs. I told the friend that I was surprised that so many in San Marino were for Obama, she said you have to go to the 'old money' neighborhoods to find Romney signs.

That is some of what I found out when I registered to vote at age 21. I did not stay with the R Party very long because I found they were only for the wealthy (remember the 47 percent Romney talked about in that video?)
I also found them to be the dirtiest of all. That is why I left the party more than 60 years ago and never to return.
If there is a good Rep. I will vote for him/her, but in a tight race I will still go some other party.
I didn't get what you did on the comment of 47% from Romney. He said exactly what I felt and thought. Most Dem's are pretty set in their opinions just as most Reps. The difference is many Dem's are getting some sort of gov. check in the mail. You'd probibly say wealthy Reps would have the same. Money in your pocket is a great influence on your vote, so why pretend that you'd have some influence with them. It's like trying to get an illegal to campaign for secure borders, an uphill battle. Romney was just using common sense when he made that statement.

The answer will come when one or both of the two sides figures out they need the other. You can't have a business without employees, and you can't have jobs without businesses. Tax the business out of existance they both loose. If the employees aren't paid enough to buy the businesses product or service, the business folds. There's a balance, but when one side takes too much they both loose. Sometimes that excess is taxes, sometimes it's entitlements and unions.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:03 PM

I just thought I'd mention something I heard on the local news. The voters in Ventura County have chosen the president in 22 of the past 23 elections. That's the best stats of the whole country. The news commentator said the changes in the last few years are that there's 9,000 more Dems in Ventura County now, but that is offset by a larger amount of independents that are now regestered. I just thought that was interesting.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I didn't get what you did on the comment of 47% from Romney. He said exactly what I felt and thought.
Spoken like a true Teabagging Tea Party.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Spoken like a true Teabagging Tea Party.
Rimo you proved my point perfectly. I was discussing an issue and explained why I agreed with it and you lowered the discussion to name calling. That is what the left does!!! That is why it is useless to bother talking to them and why Romney said what he did. They name call, destroy property and cry they’re victims. If you can’t have a conversation without nasty name calling, you’d be better off at the moveon.org web site where they handle things that way. I may not be as far right as some, but I’m certainly not a leftist that throws a fit and calls others nasty name tags. Shame on you.

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 11-07-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Rimo you proved my point perfectly. I was discussing an issue and explained why I agreed with it and you lowered the discussion to name calling. That is what the left does!!! That is why it is useless to bother talking to them and why Romney said what he did. They name call, destroy property and cry they’re victims. If you can’t have a conversation without nasty name calling, you’d be better off at the moveon.org web site where they handle things that way. I may not be as far right as some, but I’m certainly not a leftist that throws a fit and calls others nasty name tags. Shame on you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are posting to someone with many years of experience about the GOP. I don't need to be told where I would be better off, that is for me to decide. Romney said what he did because he is an arrogant and very wealthy Republician. He has said some of the most dumb things, I will not even post them because apparently you approve of them.
You do need to remember some of the name calling and out right lies put out by his campaign. He is responsible for them.
The only one who looked presidential in the GOP primary was Jon Huntsman.
Just for your information, I consider my self to be a Moderate, no Left or Right bs. I have no shame either.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
You are posting to someone with many years of experience about the GOP. I don't need to be told where I would be better off, that is for me to decide. Romney said what he did because he is an arrogant and very wealthy Republician. He has said some of the most dumb things, I will not even post them because apparently you approve of them.
You do need to remember some of the name calling and out right lies put out by his campaign. He is responsible for them.
The only one who looked presidential in the GOP primary was Jon Huntsman.
Just for your information, I consider my self to be a Moderate, no Left or Right bs. I have no shame either.
Just because someone is old, that doesn't make them wise, just old. Don't even try to imply that just because you are old you know better than others, it just isn't so. This wasn't about the issue of the candidates name calling, it was about YOUR NAME CALLING. Try to have a discussion without attacking the person and setting yourself up above them because you've lived longer.