Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 PM

Default Strange disconnect between Democrat leaders and Liberal rank and file

I've loosely been monitoring the coverage of the Senate amnesty bill from popular Democratic party web sites. Mostly I've been viewing the Huffington Post and the Daily Kos. From what I've seen there's been very little coverage of it, and when there is an article, it's met with rather weak interest in the comment sections.
Compare the lack of interest on the Daily Kos and the Huffington Post to our side. Articles about the amnesty legislation in the MSM typically get thousands of comments, overwhelmingly all the comments are very passionate in their opposition to the bill and to any type of legalization.

The Democrat politicians in the House and Senate are almost unanimous in their support for passing amnesty for illegal aliens, yet judging from the coverage of the bill in the Senate as it is reported on the Huffington Post and the Daily KOS, it seems there is really very little interest among the rank and file members.

One sees a lot of coverage, usually very pro amnesty articles from the MSM, especially from groups like the Associated Press, but on the Liberal blogs, where Liberal loyalists like to blog, hang-out and post comments, the interest is extremely low.

In other words it appears to me to be extremely important to the Democrat politicians and the "Party" leaders, but the majority of the rank and file Liberal Democrats seem to have little interest in the subject.

I have many Democrat relatives, friends, and coworkers, and from what I can tell they too have little interest in the subject. I even think they would be stunned to find out that their party is so supportive of legalization. Of course they would also find the subject extremely mean spirited and think it shouldn't really be talked about publicly.

Has anyone else seen an incredible lack of interest in the Senate amnesty bill from their liberal friends?

Last edited by Greg in LA; 06-17-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:34 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
Has anyone else seen an incredible lack of interest in the Senate amnesty bill from their liberal friends?
I have liberals in my presence every day. They don't seem to care about ANY bill in ANY house. they vote; that's it.

Beyond that, the ones outside my house don't seem to understand why amnesty hasn't already been passed so we can get on with important stuff. whatever that is, but I assume it's the economy, education, and the war. But honestly I've been reluctant to engage them on what's more important than this dreadful immigration scheme. I swear I could take a sledgehammer to someone's fingers and toes at anytime.
I'd like to say I don't know what's come over me lately, but I'm afraid it's getting too obvious to stifle. I'm fed up with citizen apathy and immigrant euphoria
Old 06-18-2013, 10:07 AM

I've written quite a few letters to the editor as well as harangue my elected officials, but I usually don't speak much about it face to face, I mostly ask questions and get information. When the face to face discussion specifically concerns illegal immigration or bogus racial propaganda, people tend to clam up, act uncomfortable, or get loud about it either way. There have been lots of genuine misunderstandings and outright misdirection concerning my beliefs and motivations. Too many people from all and even neutral sides of the issues, either out of ignorance or with knowing and willful distortion of fact, equate brown people whose families have been here for generations with last night's new crop of the illegally present - from the issue of legality to political belief. Too many accusers and too many self appointed ethnic "advocates" who presume to speak for a whole race as well as those who just don't want any part of the conversation often precludes rational discussion.

The Republican leadership is largely very ignorant about the diverse people referred to as "Latino", and they are quite ham fisted concerning the whole thing.

The Democrat leadership seems to be just as ignorant and are furthermore blind to the goals of brown ethnic nationalism, and it will roll around to bite them in the ass just as has happened to the Republicans. It will be a blind side "et tu, Jose?", candid camera, Diane Feinstein and Babara Boxer type of deer herd in the headlights moment: they don't and won't see it coming.

The local newspapers are quite a bit quieter than they were prior to 2008, when they rolled out daily print filled with interviews of ethnic studies professors, brown ethnic nationalists, and downtrodden immigrant stories. There are still some blissfully ignorant or agenda laden articles, such as the story about the recently deceased "civic leader" who was a "role model for Latino youth", the same guy who dealt heroin in the 1940's and 50's, pimped out his wife and her two sisters to celebrities at the long gone Chi Chi Club in Palm Springs, maintained a day job and established a couple of money laundering businesses which no one in the barrio could afford to patronize, and became involved in local politics along with the Rotary Club about 1970. Some of the descendants of this man still call themselves "the (last name) mafia".

Media "heroes" and "Examples" for "Latino Youth" in which the media is either stunningly clueless or willfully misinformative.

There are still the regularly printed "diversity" articles, but it's more subtle than 5 years ago.

In the meantime, I don't believe there is such a hot thing for amnesty except for the educationally indoctrinated, those who view opposition to amnesty as a racist exercise, fanatical brown racist, those who have illegal relatives, illegals themselves and those who manipulate all of the above for their own benefit - mostly loud squeaky wheels, cynically dishonest politicians and their media cheer leaders. With regular people, it seems they won't care except for a perception of white racism - illegal migration beats them out of work too.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 06-18-2013 at 11:11 AM.