Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2010, 08:45 PM
SOS Associate

Default Farmers Insurance Buys And White-Washes Complaint Site

My wife was previously employed by Farmers for many years. A little over a year ago Farmers started beating her to death with reviews and piling on more work than was humanly possible. Her life became unbearable, although she wanted to stay with them until retirement, still some years ahead. But then things got even worse, as Farmers began terminating the tenured employees that had the good salary, benefits, and profit sharing. The slightest infractions were recorded; Employees were told they were not keeping up with workloads, and were also given surprise cases that needed immediate attention, and then blamed when the impossible could not be attained. Towards the end of her abuse, I ran my usual searches and found hordes of employees under the same circumstances. I located one website that was literally awash in former and present workers who were relaying the same stories as my wife's, and the writing was beyond on-the-wall. They called her in one day, and as predicted, terminated her. She was prepared for it by reading the posts on that website, as her fate followed a nearly identical pattern as so many others. For months afterwards I checked that website now and again as more Farmers employees relayed their stories. That thread stood out as a sore thumb and black eye for the company, and was actually becoming a warning beacon for new hires as more and more posts appeared with very unflattering remarks.
Tonight I clicked on the page to find that all of the negative comments were removed and only gratuitously becoming posts were left. It slimmed the thread down from 50 pages to four. In addition, the name of the website was changed slightly, but the link has a re-direct. I ran a search to see who owns the site, and found it a proxy named :One Happy Webhost Customer.

These big corps will do anything to silence opposition.

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 11-05-2010 at 08:49 PM.