Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-16-2010, 09:17 AM

Default The Last Great LA Police Chief

Inadvertent duplication.

Last edited by PochoPatriot; 04-16-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:29 AM

Great police chief? Are you kidding?

This phoney should burn in Hell.

Gates was a tireless advocate of restrictive gun control laws that would disarm citizens on the grounds that it is the "job" of the police to protect citizens from criminals.

In 1992 during the Rodney King Riots, however, Gates ordered the LAPD to surrender the streets of the city to rioters, withdraw to their fortified police stations and leave citizens to fend for themselves. Gates went on TV and said, "You're on your own. We cannot protect you."

In the aftermath of the Rodney King Riots, more than 3,000 lawsuits were filed against the county and cities for failure to provide police protection. Every one was dismissed on the basis that under the California Gov't. Code, police, cities, counties, etc., are IMMUNE from liability for failure to provide police protection.

The same lying piece of crap who wanted to take away your guns because it was the "job of the police" to protect you, hid behind sovereign immunity when he and other frauds were sued for failure to do their "job."
Old 04-17-2010, 07:12 AM

My father worked under him and always had a great word for him. He believed in police doing police work. Now the police have their hands tied. Now he's up there with my daddy.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:47 AM
"SZinWestLA"

I agree w/ SOME of what Don related. I certainly think burning in Hell is a bit over the top, but Gates was hardly any prize for the City of Los Angeles.

Firstly, he was a supporter of Special Order 40.

Secondly, I will never, never, never forget the scenes that played out during that shameful riot in '92. Those LAPD cops did practically nothing. They largely stood around being PC while a pack of animals (many of whom were illegal aliens and their offspring) looted, burned and decimated this City.

I have sympathy for the man's family regarding their loss and wish former Chief Gates a restful eternal peace, however, I'm certainly not going to delude myself by looking at his career through wishful rose colored glasses.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:55 AM

True he was a supporter of Special Order 40, but even he said that SO40 was NEVER intended to morph into the special protections that it did. It was supposed to be narrowly applied to witnesses and victims of crimes ONLY.

Nevertheless, even though his perfection fell short, he was indeed the LAST police chief of any substance that Los Angeles had. When you take a look at the drek that followed him, you know what I mean.