Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-05-2014, 10:32 AM

Default Rick Perry

Hi Guys:

Greetings and salutations from your friends on the East Coast.

Lots of things to talk about but:

Rick Perry, Texas Governor. Not yet declared as a candidate but none the less the only American with enough brains, acumen, determination.

A proven track record.

Next best hope and my choice .
Old 09-06-2014, 06:31 PM

Wasn't he for amnesty, before he was against it?
Old 09-07-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Wasn't he for amnesty, before he was against it?
You never can quite tell what's going on in a person's head.

Janet Napolitano had an entirely different perspective of illegal immigration as Governor of Arizona than she did after joining the Obama Administration in his first term. And now that she is a higher education mucky-muck, who knows what she thinks now.

If someone waits for the perfect life partner, they're going to live a very lonely life. No one is perfect.

Going into it with eyes wide open, at this time I do think that Perry would be the best candidate. Without regard to worthiness, we'll see after all the smear campaigns if he is viable if he does choose to run.

God help us if Elizibeth Warren takes it, immigration issues will be the least of our worries.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 09-07-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:02 AM

Default Ummmm!

You can't trust any of them.

I look at Perry's track record on the Texas economy which is really succeeding.

He put the National Guard on the border.

It's a thorny choice of the lesser of the evils.

They're politicians. They keep a watchful eye on the Latino vote.

I looked over the field of candidates and none of those listed impressed me very much.

Perry may not even run.

The Texas Tea party is slamming Perry now for inaction.

I would sure welcome comments about Perry. And hear other opinions and choices.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:25 AM

For what inaction by which Tea Party group(s) is Perry being slammed?

And just who do they promote if not Perry?

I look at California and what the democrat party has done to it. The business that can pick up and go is trampling over each other in the stampede to Texas. California is America's first third world state and I believe the nation's largest per capita who's citizens who receive social services. The economy has been ravaged, any excuse to raise taxes is taken by the legislature, there are terminally serious problems, and the dominant political class lives in a pie in the sky, politically correct, environmentalist wacko parallel universe. The merry go round in going come off the axle while the band plays on.

It might be BS, but I heard California has put an exit tax on rental trucks with an out of state destination, it's that bad.

If it came to a choice between Elizibeth Warren and Hillary Clinton, my lips would have a vacuum lock on Clinton's posterior - and I mean right on the part where the sun don't shine.

The Republicans had best come up with a viable candidate who'll protect the nation or we're doomed.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 09-07-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:25 AM

Default Slams Perry

Texas Tea Party:

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...riticize-Perry
Old 09-07-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
It's now clear after visiting the article, the criticism was not from a nonexistent "Texas Tea Party", it was from six individual groups acting in concert, two with with "Tea Party" being a part of the group name:

Quote:
Grassroots America; Clear Lake TEA Party; Texas Border Volunteers; TEA Party Patriots; South Texas Political Alliance; Keep Texas Free, LLC
It is important to avoid the mischaracterization that everyone with a conservative view belongs to some uber-organization named "The Tea Party" which spans the continent and speaks with one voice.

The generalization is like someone who used to post here ranting about some ill defined "greasy hand" Jewish conspiracy which spanned the nation and was busy stealing the wealth of "whites". When repeatedly pressed, he couldn't produce a single name of any "Jew" who was allegedly involved, and his words were used to smear everyone else here.

The flip side is "The Tea Party which operates from the Koch brother's playbook" promulgated by people who have never had any personal contact with any "Tea Party Member" and can't recite anything factual about who the Koch Brothers are or what the Koch Brothers have factually done by doing their own research. They blindly regurgitate far left smear propaganda.

On the other hand, much of the following "wish list", as much as it may be desirable, has been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, is subject to costly litigation, impractical under present executive branch policies, prohibitively expensive to implement, or all of the above:

Quote:
Key recommendations in the Texas Border Crisis Action Plan:

Form a “Texas military border brigade” from DPS officers, activating the National Guard, and authorizing extra funding from sources like the Rainy Day Fund and eliminating business incentives like the Texas Enterprise Fund, subsidies to Formula 1, etc.

Fortify border security by adding fences, electronic monitoring technology, and boots on the ground.

Stop providing social welfare services to illegal immigrants.

End “sanctuary cities.”

Prevent illegal immigrant children from attending Texas schools.

Increase criminal penalties for employing illegal workers, especially for repeat offenders.

Stop following the federal “catch and release” policies, but because of the declared emergency, hold illegal immigrants in jail until they can be returned to their home country.
To implement the majority of this "wish list" requires personnel changes to Congress this November and elect a president and a Congress in 2016 who will do what it takes.

So, in my humble estimation, those Texas groups need to get off Perry's ass and work to get the vote out.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 09-07-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:51 AM

Default My opinions

I actually am a supporter of all of the Patriots shopping list.

But, I'm also a realist.

By way of explanation I am a very old Senior who live thru the depression and WW2. I served in the military during the Korean conflict. I'm a life long Republican.

I had always been a hard core, no nonsense individual, but my 5 years in Vietnam hardened me into a Super Hawk; take no prisoners and too an Ultra Conservative Right wing citizen.

Since I haven't as yet lost my sense of propriety I know that the Patriots shopping list, although very laudable, won't be embraced by any political. And if it was they couldn't be elected due to the influences of the Hispanic/Latino forces becoming all too powerful and dangerous.

None the less the luster on the Chief Coyote is dulling rapidly and if he keeps up his course on the destruction of our country that will certainly enhance the prospect of a next sensible President.

The two biggest lies in America;

#1. Our immigration system is "broken" .

#2. Obama is black.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:55 AM

57 days left. Remember to vote. Taking the Senate away from the liberals will go a long way towards stopping the country's free-fall. At least I hope so.