Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Social Scene > Sports

Sports Topics relating to sports

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
I was very disappointed that the lakers won. Since I learned that there was some kind of personal enmity against the Celtics, I really wished the lakers would have been creamed by the team they didn't like.
The intensity of that rivalry peeked in the mid 1980's when there were some real 'taste for blood' between the two teams (I'm sure long before most of the thugs were born) The current team players don't have that same disdain. The current "rivalry" is mainly the title count; the Lakers with 16 titles and Celtic's with 17. If the Lakers win another, the teams will be tied with the Celt's in title wins over the history of the NBA.
Quote:
I saw the parade today, where were all these famous Los Angeles gang bangers and gunmen? That was an open bus that team was in. LA is full of wimps.
I'd say the thousands that showed up for the parade are actual fans and not the opportunist thugs that only show up at night to bash cars and start fires . . . way too much focus on those sub-humans.