Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-19-2009, 10:01 AM

Default To ex-mercenary, Shawna Forde 'was just a pain'

I had an internal debate as to whether to post this or not.

Shawna Forde is a lunatic who latched onto the movement, and regardless of the embarrassment she inflicted and the revilement she richly deserves, to a certain extent she and her nut ball, incomprehensible, unsanctioned, independent action is not going to "go away" or "stay away". She is going to be pushed in our faces at every opportunity by the open borders crowd.

Quote:
To ex-mercenary, Shawna Forde 'was just a pain'

By Tim Steller
Arizona Daily Star
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 10.11.2009

He was a U.S. Marine who later became a mercenary at flash points around the world.

He was convicted of a federal crime in the Iran-Contra affair for his work with Nicaraguan rebels in the 1980s.

He worked as a private investigator in St. Louis — for Jimmy Hoffa's family, among others — before committing another crime, going back to jail and retiring from the business.

Then, in 2006, Joe Adams came to Southern Arizona to join Minuteman border-watch activities, a move that ended up entangling him with Shawna Forde, now charged with first-degree murder in the killings of a 9-year-old girl and her father.

For two years, Adams had an e-mail relationship with Forde, punctuated by occasional meetings and operations in the camps south of Three Points where he and Forde patrolled the border, usually separately.

The relationship gave Adams a special insight into Forde's activities before she, Jason Bush and Albert Gaxiola were arrested in the home-invasion killings of Arivaca residents Brisenia Flores her father Raul, and the attempted murder of Brisenia's mother. Adams says warning signs from Forde led him to contact law enforcement about her seven months before the killings occurred on May 30, but he didn't expect anything like the alleged murders.
After Forde's June 12 arrest, Adams said in an interview late last month, he spoke with a Pima County Sheriff's Department detective about Forde. But before, he said, "I didn't see her as a threat. To me, she was just a pain."

Jailed in divorce case

Adams came to Arizona to join the Minuteman border watch movement in 2006, he said. He had been involved in previous years in a high-profile divorce case in St. Louis that led to him being jailed for violating a court order by threatening the estranged husband with a knife, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Adams is now married to the divorcee for whom he worked as a bodyguard in that case.

In Arizona, Adams said, he initially worked with the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, the national border-watch group founded by then-Tombstone resident Chris Simcox.

"Joe is exceptionally careful about who he works with," Simcox said.

Indeed, Adams left that Minuteman group, because, he said, they were "a bunch of people who want to do a good job but don't know what they're doing."

He joined a group called the Patriots' Border Alliance, led by ex-military members who broke off from Simcox's group in 2007, and he met Forde at one of the group's events that October, he said.

By March 2008, they were working together, according to an article in the Galena, Ill., Gazette. A citizen reporter for the paper traveled to the area south of Three Points and reported going along with Forde to an operation with Adams.

"At the last post we set up our camp and joined Joe Adams, the leader of that night's operation," Art Ricker wrote.

Suspicions about Forde

But in about six months Adams grew suspicious of Forde, he said.
Forde showed up where he and a crew of young U.S.-military-trained volunteer border watchers were camping, he said.

"She came into my campsite and said, 'Do you want this information?' " Adams said. "She tells me how she's infiltrated these drug dealers in Arivaca. And I'm like, 'Are you crazy? You're going to get killed.' "

Forde followed up the visit with an e-mail, he said. It contained five photos of marijuana and a big wad of cash inside a house.

The text of the e-mail, which is riddled with misspellings and grammatical errors, says: "I was in this stash house I took thees pics, I meet with top cartel players, This is what I wanted to discuss with you. Wanted to give you a sample of what I saw I could not get pics 'yet' of the kilo's but I have allot of Intel. they also run all the Coyote's that work that part of border."

Adams, 59, said he reported Forde to federal agents after receiving the e-mail. He declined to identify the agency until he receives permission from them, but said he contacted the agency's "intel division."

A spokesman for the U.S. Border Patrol, which has an intel division in this area, said it had not had contact with Adams.

Around the time of Forde's arrest, Adams said, he heard from others in the movement that Forde was recruiting people to help her confront the drug cartels.

"Here's how I took it," he said. "I could see Shawna running her mouth but not being serious about doing something that stupid."