Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-28-2010, 11:57 AM

Default Ohio, Georgia Consider AZ Type Law

Ohio and Georgia lawmakers are openly talking about AZ type laws. These people generally don't open their mouths about anything without polling and focus groups, etc., and I think this means that there is popular support for these measures in Ohio and GA. I think this is a good sign. The battle lines for the 21st Century civil war are being drawn. It's interesting to see how they're lining up. I have to say that after the firestorm of riots, boycott threats, and shrill condemnation of AZ's new law, I'm surprised but gratified to see that other states are forging ahead. I was afraid they would back off. It appears that some intrepid American nationalists are not deterred and have been emboldened by AZ's actions.

Also consider the fact that at last count, 37 states were preparing lawsuits to challenge Obongo's health care bill. This is almost like the 1850's when the whig party disappeared and a political re alignment resulted in the formation of pro-nationalist GOP and the consolidation of the pro-slave secessionist Democrat Party of that time. I don't think a new party will appear or that an existing party will disappear, but I do think it is possible for voting blocks to migrate. White democrats will migrate to the GOP and pro-nationalist voices will get louder. That is how the trend is starting to look. It's awfully early to make long term projections, but it's hard not to try.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/23279581/detail.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-new-ariz-law/
Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 PM

Rumblings from Texas also

I've also seen other politicians , some running for Gov or other positions
saying they want the Az law

I think the heat is going up mega fast now

Also the animals are starting to rampage so be careful , its going to get worse

I would say at this point any amnesty is DOA
Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post

I don't think a new party will appear or that an existing party will disappear, but I do think it is possible for voting blocks to migrate. White democrats will migrate to the GOP and pro-nationalist voices will get louder. That is how the trend is starting to look. It's awfully early to make long term projections, but it's hard not to try.

The most dramatic thing happening in party politics is (in California, at least) that it is no longer necessary to register with a political party to vote. People registered as "decline to state" are a steadily growing number. The most significant part of party politics is not either the Democrats or the Republicans, it is the alleged "two party system". This is what has to go and the surest way to get rid of it is to get rid of the primary elections. The only purpose of the primary elections is as a public service, funded by the taxpayers, to organize and enable the nominations of candidates of the Democrats and the Republican for various political offices and especially the presidency. The primary elections are all too often confused by the public as being a necessary part of government. They aren't. They are a public service provided to eligible parties, paid for by the taxpayers. It is not even necessary for political parties to run elections to choose nominees.

In a way, political parties are obsolete. It is too easy for people of like mind to organize independently and spontaneously and share ideas given modern communications technology, like this very forum, for example.

Where else in the country can people register "decline to state" or some equivilance?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:32 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa today View Post
I would say at this point any amnesty is DOA
Don't kid yourself; There's a huge block of representatives who would gladly sign off on something that masquerades as security but grants amnesty just to make the whole issue go away before it can get worse.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Don't kid yourself; There's a huge block of representatives who would gladly sign off on something that masquerades as security but grants amnesty just to make the whole issue go away before it can get worse.
Soooo Trueeeeeee.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:19 PM

Latest: A "group" called Minnesota Majority wants an AZ type law. Not lawmakers, but a private group.

http://wcco.com/local/immigration.la...2.1657568.html
Old 04-28-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
No, UsaToday is right. This was a slick political move from the
beginning. They knew this law would never survive the Constitutional challenges,
so, they made it law anyway and put a spotlight on Arizona and a microscope on Washington DC. It's working quite well.

Last edited by Mikell; 04-28-2010 at 07:12 PM.