Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Gains and Victories

Gains and Victories Communities fighting back - Citizen triumphs - Holding the line - Making a difference

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-13-2011, 07:25 PM
SOS Associate

Default Made in America....Homebuilder Fights Back

Video of a homebuilder that made a list of all products to build a home that could be bought in the US, and that were made in the USA. Heartwarming story....unfortunately not from California, but the list is available to all

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/...onf_id/5590821
Old 12-14-2011, 05:49 AM

How about someone tell me where I can hire a genuine American to do home jobs, such as a broken sprinkler, a few loose bricks, a real American plumber, and lots of little 'honey do' jobs that I can do but they take so much time. That would be so great.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Video of a homebuilder that made a list of all products to build a home that could be bought in the US, and that were made in the USA. Heartwarming story....unfortunately not from California, but the list is available to all

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/...onf_id/5590821
Sounds great, but how much of that stuff is actually made by citizens? And how much of the actual home building is done by citizens? Labor is important too, not just where the stuff is made.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
How about someone tell me where I can hire a genuine American to do home jobs, such as a broken sprinkler, a few loose bricks, a real American plumber, and lots of little 'honey do' jobs that I can do but they take so much time. That would be so great.
Ask at the grocery store or when you are out and about. When I make a call my first remark is "Are they Americans, if not forget the job!" There are many out there who will do those things you need.
Look in the throw out pages you get in the mail. Good Luck!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:34 PM

I received a Christmas card from friends, yes people still mail them; I looked at the back of the Hallmark card and there at the bottom was "Printed in China" Then I glanced over my desk and there was a Hershey's chocolate bar, and I know that is now made in Mexico. I continued to scan my desk for something made in the USA. I picked up a pack of Pentech no.2 pencils, and yes on the back was "Made in China". The Revlon nail kit that sits next to my keyboard that I spruce up a broken nail quickly with said "Made in Austria". I continued to scan the area, but saw nothing, literally nothing. But then I notices a small mirror to my right and looked at my reflection, yes I finally found something at my desk that was made in the USA. They can't take that away from me!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:42 PM

Be careful that no one slaps s sticker on you from another country!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
They're there, you have to sort through all the other "offerings".

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.