Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-16-2010, 06:06 PM

Default Miami advocates are pushing to relocate Haitian children to the U.S.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-b...-81767767.html

Quote:
Operation Pierre Pan," as its being called, is an effort to relocate the thousands of children likely orphaned by the natural disaster in Port-au-Prince. Many of the children could already have relatives in Miami and around the U.S.

A similar effort occurred decades ago when "Operation Pedro Pan" was launched to help the children of Cuba during the political upheaval in that island neighbor. Some 14,000 children were relocated to the United States, many of them settling in South Florida.

While advocates mobilize for a push to help find the children new families if not reunite them with stateside relatives, there are several hurdles that need to be overcome.

The movement would need the approval of the U.S. government to at the very least grant the orphans temporary status in the country.

Still, agencies in Miami-Dade and Broward are gearing up for the possible influx of children in need of a home, according to the Sun-Sentinel.

We've already begun to make preparations and are willing to do our part," said Mark Riordan, Broward County spokesman for the state's Department of Children and Families.

Copyright Associated Press / NBC Miami
First Published: Jan 15, 2010 4:23 PM EST
Temporary status becomes permanent with the passage of time. I believe the tragedy in Haiti is only a convenient backdrop to excuse the suspension of any real immigration control. The appeal is completely emotional... after all they are talking about doing it for the children....
Old 01-17-2010, 05:13 AM

Default For me it's simple.

The answer is NO.

There is no fundamental reason to justify taking in the remnants of every natural disaster in the world. We have our own disaster here already - millions of needy Americans. 50% black unemployment in cities. 80% unemployment on Indian reservations. Our cities and states are going bankrupt. The boat is FULL !

Question - How many Haitians came to the Gulf Coast to help Katrina victims ?

There are plenty of Caribbean Islands that can take in those needy. For Example Cuba.

How many Haitians is Hugo Chavez going to take in. Saudi Arabia ? The Emirates ?

If those are African descendants then it is only natural that they should emigrate back to their roots.

BTW maybe some should remain in Haiti and help reconstruct the nation.

And maybe Oprah Winfrey and Danny Glover could open up an orphanage there in Haiti !!! Maybe Tiger Woods would like to assist ? Or Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson ?
Old 01-17-2010, 06:22 AM

Since the government has now given temporary protected status and made all the illegals, now legal, no doubt there will be plenty to step forward to take in the little tykes.

It will give those Haitian drug dealers another income if nothing else.

What are we letting in? Do you know?

http://www.haiti-info.com/spip.php?article3419

Haiti’s geographical position, weak institutions, and extreme poverty have made it a key conduit for drug traffickers transporting cocaine from South America to the United States and, to a smaller degree, Canada and Europe. The Haitian National Police (HNP) lacks discipline and is riddled with corruption. The judicial system is dysfunctional, its prosecutors and judges susceptible to bribes and intimidation.

Corruption, weak law enforcement capability and lack of Haitian commitment combined to limit Haitian counternarcotics cooperation in general, although Haitian officials have cooperated in some specific cases. The Interim Government of Haiti’s (IGOH) major achievement was the arrest and expulsion of Jean Eliobert Jasme and the dissolution of much of his drug organization. In addition, the IGOH has seen the installation of the Joint Information Coordination Center (JICC) and the Maritime Interdiction Task Force (MITF), which though still developing, are already proving useful tools against drug trafficking organizations. However, Haiti’s ongoing political and economic crises continued to grip the country in 2004, eclipsing the fight against drug trafficking.

Haiti remains highly susceptible to money laundering due to its weak legal system and pervasive corruption. The money laundering law passed in 2002 has not been implemented. The anti-money laundering commission finally submitted candidate lists for Director General and Deputy Director General to the President and the Minister of Justice. On December 11, 2003, the GOH inaugurated the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) to serve as a clearinghouse for information relating to money laundering and other misuses of the financial system. The FIU will simultaneously serve as a conduit for the transfer of seized assets to the Ministry of Finance. Haiti is a party to the 1988 UN Drug Convention.

Be sure to send in a donation. Lord Knows those dealers aren't parting with a cent.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Since the government has now given temporary protected status and made all the illegals, now legal, no doubt there will be plenty to step forward to take in the little tykes.

It will give those Haitian drug dealers another income if nothing else.

What are we letting in? Do you know?

http://www.haiti-info.com/spip.php?article3419

Haiti’s geographical position, weak institutions, and extreme poverty have made it a key conduit for drug traffickers transporting cocaine from South America to the United States and, to a smaller degree, Canada and Europe. The Haitian National Police (HNP) lacks discipline and is riddled with corruption. The judicial system is dysfunctional, its prosecutors and judges susceptible to bribes and intimidation.

Corruption, weak law enforcement capability and lack of Haitian commitment combined to limit Haitian counternarcotics cooperation in general, although Haitian officials have cooperated in some specific cases. The Interim Government of Haiti’s (IGOH) major achievement was the arrest and expulsion of Jean Eliobert Jasme and the dissolution of much of his drug organization. In addition, the IGOH has seen the installation of the Joint Information Coordination Center (JICC) and the Maritime Interdiction Task Force (MITF), which though still developing, are already proving useful tools against drug trafficking organizations. However, Haiti’s ongoing political and economic crises continued to grip the country in 2004, eclipsing the fight against drug trafficking.

Haiti remains highly susceptible to money laundering due to its weak legal system and pervasive corruption. The money laundering law passed in 2002 has not been implemented. The anti-money laundering commission finally submitted candidate lists for Director General and Deputy Director General to the President and the Minister of Justice. On December 11, 2003, the GOH inaugurated the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) to serve as a clearinghouse for information relating to money laundering and other misuses of the financial system. The FIU will simultaneously serve as a conduit for the transfer of seized assets to the Ministry of Finance. Haiti is a party to the 1988 UN Drug Convention.

Be sure to send in a donation. Lord Knows those dealers aren't parting with a cent.
I must respond this post Everything about the corruption of the government, the greed, drug use, drug dealing etc. sounds like every country on any map.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:05 PM

Default Just an observation opr two !

Danny Glover is reported to have said that the Haiti earthquaake was due to global warming.

I spent my lifetime in geotechnical, geological and geophysical events.

The kindest thing that I can say about Glover is that he should put his brain in gear before his mouth to avoid appearing as the dumbest moron on the planet

Last edited by wetibbe; 01-17-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Danny Glover is reported to have said that the Haiti earthquaake was due to global warming.

The kindest thing that I can say about Glover is that he should put his brain in gear before his mouth to avoid appearing as the dumbest moron on the planet
I read that he said that also. My god, how dumb can one person be. This is typical of those in the entertainment industry. Some of the stupidest people on this planet. They are so out of touch with reality in their make believe world. Yet the media actually will repeat what the say.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I read that he said that also. My god, how dumb can one person be. This is typical of those in the entertainment industry. Some of the stupidest people on this planet. They are so out of touch with reality in their make believe world. Yet the media actually will repeat what the say.
I'm sure that nobody has established a connection between global climate change and earthquakes. But, as seas rise, so also does pressure on the techtonic plates change. It is not entirely implausible that sudden incremental changes in sea levels could trigger earth quakes. Oil drilling has been associated with earth quakes. But for Glover to make such a claim is irresponsible at best and maybe a little inflammatory.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:57 PM

Good thing Florida has a raft of stand your ground laws, in homes, cars and on the street if they are going to imports rafts of Haitian children.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6106807.shtml

Dautriche, who was sitting on the ground because of her broken back, held out an empty blue plastic basin. "My underwear and my money were in there," she said, sobbing. "Children stole it right in front of me and I couldn't move."

I'm sure the children were just hungry and wanted the underwear to eat.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
I'm sure that nobody has established a connection between global climate change and earthquakes. But, as seas rise, so also does pressure on the techtonic plates change. It is not entirely implausible that sudden incremental changes in sea levels could trigger earth quakes. Oil drilling has been associated with earth quakes. But for Glover to make such a claim is irresponsible at best and maybe a little inflammatory.
Now you're suggesting it is possible? Not worth my time.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Now you're suggesting it is possible? Not worth my time.
It is conceivable, but not worth anyone's time who isn't curious about it. If earthquakes were predictable based on surveys of geological observation, it might be a concern that our data was being altered by changing sea levels. Since no such predictability exists, claims between a cause and effect are pointless and more than a little hysterical.