Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-26-2013, 09:03 PM

Default Massive call response needed to Senate on Thursday!

The cloture vote in the Senate is tomorrow Thursday, June 27.

If the cloture is passed, Harry Reid cuts off debate and the bill moves to a final vote.

We've been betrayed, especially by the Republicans, they've been inundated by heavy calls to stop the bill, but they refuse to listen.

We need a phone surge large enough to crash the phone lines at the capitol, like we did in 2007.

Lets all start making calls in the morning. I think morning gets the heaviest call volume.
I reported that on Monday the call volume was large enough to get some disruption. Numbers USA also reported the same. Lets keep calling tomorrow, and see if we can crash the phone lines and get our message across. It worked in 2007.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 06-26-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
The cloture vote in the Senate is tomorrow Thursday, June 27.

If the cloture is passed, Harry Reid cuts off debate and the bill moves to a final vote.

We've been betrayed, especially by the Republicans, they've been inundated by heavy calls to stop the bill, but they refuse to listen.

We need a phone surge large enough to crash the phone lines at the capitol, like we did in 2007.

Lets all start making calls in the morning. I think morning gets the heaviest call volume.
I reported that on Monday the call volume was large enough to get some disruption. Numbers USA also reported the same. Lets keep calling tomorrow, and see if we can crash the phone lines and get our message across. It worked in 2007.
Boxer's phones were already over-loaded today. Even the local offices. Feinsteins office was answering but quick to dismiss. I was sent to recordings for all the republican sellouts.
But....they only got 67 votes on the last call, and that was the border security amendment. The vote might just look a lot worse now that there's just a vote on the whole rotten bill. There is one new senator, although I don't know if he's sworn in in time for this or not. He's a dem taking up lautenberg's seat. (The republicans might learn a bit from their ridiculous attempt to run a hispanic with no previous office experience)

You gotta remember Greg, that when the calls are overloading the office's ability to process, the senators don't know if the one's that aren't getting through are pro or con. You also have to remember that a big percentage of senators consider themselves pillars of forward thinking leadership, as opposed to representatives. Think of California with it's 40 million people, say 1/3 being able to convey their wishes to their senator. That's like one person representing 7 to 10 million people. It's no wonder they become detatched from their constituency. That's one of the reasons I tried to find something different and unconventional with the effort linking gun control to immigration reform. These crumbe don't believe in Truth, Justice, and the American way. I thought that it was better to appeal to their base desires to pass gun control. They do want to take guns away, but they don't give a hoot about our jobs, our safety, or propriety of enforcing laws equally
Old 06-27-2013, 05:07 AM

I got a message from FAIR. The cloture vote is at 11:30 EST. which is 8:30 Am In California.

We need to keep calling. It's 6 Am now, coffee is almost done. I'll keep calling for the next three hours.

Good luck everyone.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:44 AM

As of 6:41 AM California time, I was able to get through to the offices of Boxer, Feinslime, Hoeven, Heller, and Kirk. The capitol switch board wait lines were not to bad either.

It's a good opportunity to get through now if you have the chance.