Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2009, 11:53 AM

Default Lou Dobbs To Run for Political Office?

In a report by the Associated Press on Sunday, Lou Dobbs says he's considering a great leap into public office.

Is it real this time? Back in January he had no comment when the rumors started to spread, including a website by his fans. He gave the cliched "no comment" answer when asked if there was a New Jersey gubernatorial bid looming.

On the November 11, 2009 edition of his nightly broadcast Lou Dobbs Tonight, Dobbs announced his immediate departure from CNN, citing plans to "'pursue new opportunities.

The 62-year-old from Sussex County, New Jersey spent 30 years serving CNN, joining when it launched in 1980, serving as its chief economics correspondent and as host of the business news program Moneyline , he also served as a corporate executive for CNN, as its executive vice president and as a member of CNN's executive committee.

It can be said that anyone in the media spotlight with a stronghold stance, right or left will encounter difficulties and Dobbs is no exception, having become a target of criticism from liberal and Latino advocacy organizations for his campaign against illegal immigration.

These issues, one could be sure to hear at least twice every Lou Dobbs segment.

Dobbs was in constant jabs wtih CNN management over his questions relating to President Barack Obama's birth site, even after CNN reporters had found nothing to substantiate the issue.

Although the decision to depart CNN was characterized as mutual, Dobbs said he approached CNN President Jon Klein to say it wasn't working for him.

"What they do is their business and I tried to accommodate them as best I could, but I've said for many years now that neutrality is not part of my being," he said.

Dobbs was replaced by John King, a veteran reporter surprisingly quick.

"I have strong views about a lot of issues that are important to the country and I think are important to my audience" says Dobbs.

He said he's eager to meet with some of the groups that have criticized him. Specifically, Latino organizations that declared his anti-illegal immigration stance insulting and prejudice.

A departure from CNN, was it a political move Mr. Dobbs? It looks as though the "politically incorrect" newscaster is being very "pc" lately.

Lou Dobbs will be in the public arena making sure to leave no bridges burned.

http://www.examiner.com/x-28270-LA-H...-public-office