Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Gloria was smoked by Greta.

I'm not so sure about the smack down of her life though - doesn't Allred's nose look like it's been broken? It points north when she walks west.
I thought it was always pointing left!

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 10-02-2010, 08:49 AM

This whole thing stinks "brown". Allred has been a supporter and contributor to Jerry Brown since his first foray as governor.

It looks like this is going to backfire on her. For one thing Gloria Allred isn't well thought of in the state. Since the story broke, Whitman has gone up 5 points to Jerry Brown's one.

The maid's complaint that since she was fired she hasn't been able to find a job might have more to do with her illegal status than anything Whitman did. I'm not persuaded that a no match letter proves that Whitman knew that the maid was illegal because no match letters come up all the time. I've gotten no match letters on myself. Someone keyed in a typo.

If Meg Whitman wants to make this go away, she should get an attorney who will tell Gloria Allred that there is no chance for an out of court settlement and the case is going to trial. Gloria Allred has never been inside a courtroom. She has never taken a case to trial. When it gets that far she finds a referral. Good luck with finding a referral on this one.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
If Meg Whitman wants to make this go away, she should get an attorney who will tell Gloria Allred that there is no chance for an out of court settlement and the case is going to trial. Gloria Allred has never been inside a courtroom. She has never taken a case to trial. When it gets that far she finds a referral. Good luck with finding a referral on this one.
That would be great for Whitman. She could come out smelling like a rose, and Gloria would be even further discredited. The last time she pulled something like this which was when Arnold was first running for Governor it also ended up going nowhere. Rosa Parks, my ass!

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 10-02-2010, 09:00 AM

Allred has another problem even if the maid isn't deported, even if the Bar doesn't take any action for ethics violations because she exposed her client to criminal penalties, Allred's public disclosure of the maid's private facts regarding her illegal status has cut off any responsibility Whitman might have had MIGHT have had for the maid's inability to find other employment. There is a tailor made case against Allred that the maid would have found a job if her illegal status hadn't been plastered all over the media.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
Allred has another problem even if the maid isn't deported, even if the Bar doesn't take any action for ethics violations because she exposed her client to criminal penalties, Allred's public disclosure of the maid's private facts regarding her illegal status has cut off any responsibility Whitman might have had MIGHT have had for the maid's inability to find other employment. There is a tailor made case against Allred that the maid would have found a job if her illegal status hadn't been plastered all over the media.
Kind of funny isn't it, making sure the whole world knows your client is in the country illegally.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Old 10-02-2010, 11:13 AM

Gloria Allred is kind of a white Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton. They make their money the same way, by intimidating and threatening.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Pick a date and I'll work on it. Most can only attend on week ends, but the best time to go at her is during the week. This is a fantastic idea. Let's do it. I can start sending out announcements this week if we can come up with a date and time.
If you are going to do something, let me know soon. I can email 3 people who may be able to be there. Right now that is all I can think of. Only one of these three people have ever posted here so they will need an email to know about it.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Archer

Allred has worked with and on Browns campaigns in the past!

Interview.
http://www.marklevinshow.com/Article...739&spid=32364
Old 10-02-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Gloria was smoked by Greta.

I'm not so sure about the smack down of her life though - doesn't Allred's nose look like it's been broken? It points north when she walks west.
Wow ilbegone you notice that too. Her nose is so bent to the right it looks like she slept on it and it stayed that way.

I need to have a consensus within the next 24 hrs as to whether to do this this Saturday or the next. More time will give me more time to get the word out and the possibility of others being able to make arrangements to attend. But I do believe time is of the essence in this case and the sooner the better. I don't have a problem with a small turn out on this one and could be just as effective if it's still the media flavor of the minute, but how do the rest of you feel. Can any of you make it next Saturday or anytime in the near future?

We could also protest both next Saturday and the following Saturday. What do you think?
Old 10-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Wow ilbegone you notice that too. Her nose is so bent to the right it looks like she slept on it and it stayed that way.
So I was right, it is bent to the left if you're looking directly at her. Word now has it that a lot of people who were leaning towards Brown are now switching their vote to Whitman just because of Gloria's shenanigans.

As far as the rally goes, it seems like it would be good to have it on a weekday when there's a chance Gloria could be in her office. I realize a lot of people aren't available to do rallies during the week, and I just happen to be off work this time, but I don't think a weekend rally would have the same effect.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Last edited by LAPhil; 10-02-2010 at 03:52 PM.