Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-03-2010, 02:48 AM

Default An Email sent to me

The link below is an interview with Arizona State Representative John Kavanagh, a former criminal justice professor, detective, and a major co-sponsor of Arizona ’s new immigration law.

Although it is 47 minutes long, I thought this was a great –and rational- review of the law, including strong defense against the Fed’s complaints using established case law. I tried to find highlights but he covers so much more in his responses to callers that I felt the entire video is worthwhile.

A bit long but better than anything you’ll see on primetime news – unfortunate that it was broadcast at 1am in California:

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/293237-5
Old 05-03-2010, 05:51 AM

Default I watched the whole thing !

John Kavanagh certainly explained it clearly.

I was very interested in seeing how he would answer some of the questions and he really did a good job honestly.

I was going to write more here, exposing the opponents, but I visited the American Patrol Report website and the various writers have already said all that needs to be said.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:02 AM

According to the video, the bill was changed so that aiding and abetting illegals could not be enforced unless some other crime was being commited at the same time. Kavanagh said that the law was changed in order to focus on smugglers.

But that's ridiculous. Absolutely anyone knowlingly in regular contact with an illegal immigrant is aiding and abetting and should be available for prosecution. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are. If you are bringing an illegal immigrant to church, then you are aiding and abetting. If you are a social service workier, then what business do you have with illegal immigrants except making sure they don't get any social services?

Since the bill is now law, what are we getting out of it? Are there any actual reports of having some kind of impact on illegals? How long do we have to wait to see?