Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Social Scene > General Socializing

General Socializing Social topics not otherwise categorized

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-21-2010, 07:33 PM

If Imler had focused on decriminalization instead of "medical marijuana", there would be no dispensaries today. Nobody would need them.

People who like to smoke pot get sick or injured just like everybody else. When they get medical problems and somebody asks them if they smoke pot to relieve their medical symptoms, what are they going to say? If somebody offers them relief from law enforcement because their pot smoking is now "medical", what are they going to do? If it easy enough, what are the rest of the pot smokers going to do?

Unfortunately, not everybody who likes to smoke pot has medical symptoms and not all of the rest has the income to get some doctor's bogus prescription. They go to jail ... when they get caught.

And meanwhile the black market prices stay obscenely high. $50 a gram? Imagine if oregano were $50 a gram. You would have to spend $100 for a pizza.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:01 PM

You'll get no argument from me about that...there are tons of places that buy mexican weed and sell it to patients. They'll be shut down eventually. The real ones though...are patronized by actual patients, the screening is a little tighter than the dealer shops. If a club refers you to "their" doctor, walk away as fast as you can.

Even with that going on though...if someone has a medical "get out of jail free" card...and there's nothing shady going on... an employer shouldn't be able to discriminate.

The prices are reflected in the legit places as well....can't exactly sell a product that's superior to the black market at cheaper prices...or you become the black market.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1inchgroup View Post
You'll get no argument from me about that...there are tons of places that buy mexican weed and sell it to patients. They'll be shut down eventually. The real ones though...are patronized by actual patients, the screening is a little tighter than the dealer shops. If a club refers you to "their" doctor, walk away as fast as you can.

Even with that going on though...if someone has a medical "get out of jail free" card...and there's nothing shady going on... an employer shouldn't be able to discriminate.

The prices are reflected in the legit places as well....can't exactly sell a product that's superior to the black market at cheaper prices...or you become the black market.
Oh please. The "real" dispensaries versus the "other" places that sell that pokie old "Mexican" weed? Without the black market, there would be no "medical marijuana" dispensaries. There is no such thing as "legitimate" medical dispensaries. They are all there to cater to people masquerading as somebody who "needs" to smoke pot. All of them. If this stuff is legalized for personal possession, the medical dispensaries are doomed. They will evaporate overnight.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:34 PM

Sure there is...the legit ones have members signed up. Each one of those members is allowed to grow X number of plants for personal use, under prop 215. Signing up as a collective member allows you to get your X number of plants grown for you by another member of the collective. If you grow too, you swap harvests with everyone in the collective.

They don't buy weed off the street to stock the shelves....and they price what they grow at black market levels. That discourages members from getting smoke for their friends.

Really...there are legit places, that operate with legit members. I could introduce you to a handful of people that would change your mind. Don't really understand why people get all butthurt over medical pot...half the population is whacked out on prozack or zoolift or suuperdooperdeluxemoodenhancer11023....and they're whacked out 24-7.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:31 PM

Somebody, in every "medical marijuana" dispensary that collects black market prices, is being paid in black market prices. If they were to legalize personal possession of cannabis, the dispensaries would disappear and so would the black market prices. "Medical marijuana" is a fake front against the Drug War, used to protect the black market. This is how corrupt our country has become in the face of the Drug War.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:58 PM

(devil's advocate, remember?)

There are actually some members that are members for reasons of safety. They want a safe place to go, and not have to deal with "them". Along with the safety issue of dealing with "them"....there's the stigma that goes along with it... So they'd want to avoid that as well. Then there's the issue of product safety. Since most of the people that would be concerned are seriously ill....they are concerned about mold (the kind of mold that grows on pot can cause serious lung infections), pesticides, preservatives....

I know it's hard to believe, but there are very good reasons behind the law. The fact that a lot of others have taken advantage of it shouldn't lessen the impact this has on people's lives.

Is it just because they're smoking pot? Is that what it comes down to?
Old 02-01-2010, 12:28 AM

As a product of the 60's I've had my experience with many things. And guess what, I came out ok. At least I think so. But don't ask my X. What does he know anyway.

I wouldn't bother me if they legalized pot. All it does is make you act dumb and get the munchies. Plenty of people just walk away from it after they outgrow it. But if I had terminal cancer, I'd probably what the choice of having it.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:16 AM

The drug of choice for cancer patients is morphine, not cannabis. "Medical marijuana" is a scam perpetuated by organized crime and idle consumers too stupid/stoned/rich to do anything about it.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
The drug of choice for cancer patients is morphine, not cannabis. "Medical marijuana" is a scam perpetuated by organized crime and idle consumers too stupid/stoned/rich to do anything about it.
Cemo causes you to lose your appetite, which pot enhances. It's not used for the pain, it's used for the side affects of cemo and morphine which also causes you to lose your appetite.