Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-23-2010, 03:48 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Glenn Spencer's American patrol website is seemingly endorsing Nightengale.

This surprises me because of the unanimously negative comments from people who know her and I can't find much on line to suggest any measure of exceptionalism about this person.

http://www.americanpatrol.com/
Yeah, I don't know what to think about Glenn going out for Chelena. In contrast, he had it in for Simcox over similar reasons that many of us dislike Nightingale for. Unfortunately, his support for her may end up degrading future endorsements that he makes. I always thought pretty highly of Glenn, and especially so his ability to sniff out posers and frauds within this movement. A lot of people seem willing to look past the facts when supporting Chelene. This is why we keep getting shitheads that run things. See? It's not just the liberals and neo cons that are kool aid drinkers. it's a non-partisan disease.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:41 PM

Glenn has been a disappointment for me in a few things lately. Even Old Joe disappointed me by going to NV to stump for Sharon Angle.
I will say again, I don't pick by party, I pick by people. Since I don't live in NV, I cannot vote any way.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:59 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Glenn Spencer's American patrol website is seemingly endorsing Nightengale.

This surprises me because of the unanimously negative comments from people who know her and I can't find much on line to suggest any measure of exceptionalism about this person.

http://www.americanpatrol.com/

It shouldn't. She's the only conservative in the race. Further, the things Chelene does that will alienate people (A. speak uneducated nonsense B. start attacking people) will only drive them off if they have been attacked by her or know someone who has, and/or disagree with the uneducated nonsense.

There are a lot of folks who will stick by her because of the immigration stands and the water issue ... and Chelene knows it. She's run about as good a campaign as one can when given practically no financial support. And she's had a lot of help by the wholesale abandonment of conservative issues by the two main candidates.

--------------

Speaking of Nightingale ...

So, I'm jumping on the I-15 in Oak Hill, after having grabbed a bite to eat on the way back from Robin and Ray's shindig in Victorville yesterday, when ...

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqfxXcpQfAo

Not only that, but when I picked up a copy of the San Bernardino Sun to read along with my late lunch, Chelene's smiling face was beaming back at me (front page). The paper included two (not one) articles about her. The following is the more interesting one.

I'm telling you, say what you like about her, but don't accuse her of not having run her heart out for these useless American Independent Party folks. Considering the effort and exposure she's given them, 17K in campaign funds is a travesty. The Libertarian Party is a much better nationally established and recognized name than The Constitution Party, however, I have seen a fraction of the coverage for their gubernatorial candidate in comparison to Chelene. Whatever new enemies she makes, they can't be upset about her for tanking it. Fair is fair. Chelene has charged like a quarter horse.

Nightingale offers third choice

James Rufus Koren, Staff Writer
Posted: 10/22/2010 03:03:40 PM PDT

Chelene Nightingale, the American Independent candidate running for governor, says the voters she's met around the state are "sick of voting for the lesser of two evils" - that is, choosing between imperfect Democratic and Republican candidates.
"People are looking for something different," she said this week.

Compared to Democratic candidate Jerry Brown and Republican Meg Whitman, Nightingale is certainly that.

Brown is a California native and the son of a former governor. Nightingale is the daughter of an Air Force family and bounced around the country as a child.

Whitman is a billionaire and the former CEO of eBay. Nightingale has worked as a model and actress and now co-owns a small heating and air-conditioning business.

But like Whitman, Nightingale is a relative newcomer to the world of politics - she said she first became political active in 2005, after her first child was born.

"Once you have a child, it changes your whole life," she said. "I realized I need to so something for the future of my children."

Since then, she has organized rallies seeking the end of the Federal Reserve, ran a 2006 gubernatorial campaign - for Libertarian candidate Art Olivier - and become a standard-bearer for the Constitution Party, a national party affiliated with the American Independent Party in California.

"None of this has ever been planned out," Nightingale said, adding that she was initially reluctant when Constitution Party leaders asked her to run for governor.
Nightingale grew up in a Republican home and was a Republican herself nearly until she started her gubernatorial campaign. But she said she's long been a fan of third-party politics.

"We had (former President Bill) Clinton in office, then (former President George W.) Bush - and what was the difference?" Nightingale said. "The established parties have been lying to us."

Compared to this year's major candidates, Nightingale certainly has more in common with Whitman than with Brown, but Nightingale and her supporters point out a few key differences.

Chief among them is that Nightingale supports Proposition 23, the ballot measure that would indefinitely postpone Assembly Bill 32, a landmark set of clean-air regulations that Prop. 23 supporters say will stifle business. Whitman says she supports delaying A.B. 32 by a year, not indefinitely.

"I believe A.B. 32 is based on global warming junk science," Nightingale said, adding that she would support eliminating A.B. 32, not just postponing it as called for by Prop. 23.

Read more: http://www.sbsun.com/ci_16409110#ixzz13IiB7A8f

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 10-24-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:10 AM

I heard Chelene’s radio commercial this morning on KFI.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:20 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Glory View Post
I heard Chelene’s radio commercial this morning on KFI.
Did it include the excerpt of the interview she had with John & Ken wherein she answered she "... wouldn't call myself" a truther or birther?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
It shouldn't. Further, the things Chelene does that will alienate people (A. speak uneducated nonsense B. start attacking people) will only drive them off if they have been attacked by her or know someone who has, and/or disagree with the uneducated nonsense.
You forgot, "C", all the folks that she has borrowed money from and not paid back. I wonder if there are more of these than we know off ?

I liked the video and yes it was boring but still in its own way exciting to watch. Thanks for documenting the item.

Come November 2 Chelene will lose and we all know that.

There are two groups that I know of that were approached by Chelene that refused to endorse her.

A notable one which I will keep anonymous had its leader approached by Chelene and he told her "I like you but you are not going to make it. Therefore I will not endorse you." Instead he voted for Whitman.

Even if Glen Spencer has an article on Chelene prominently displayed
on his website you will notice that it is missing a certain sparkle that speaks of enthusiasm. The article is there in a very drab and dreary way.

Some other articles are on the net which some of you may have seen. There is for example one titled: "Chelene Nightingale Invincible".
Oh yeah? We'll see about that on November 2. It will be either Jerry "Krusty the Klown" Brown or Nutmeg.

Either way, though I believe Meg to be slightly better than Brown, we will be in a world of hurt.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:29 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
Some other articles are on the net which some of you may have seen. There is for example one titled: "Chelene Nightingale Invincible".

Oh yeah? We'll see about that on November 2. It will be either Jerry "Krusty the Klown" Brown or Nutmeg.
That is the bottom line. Always has been. Chelene never had a chance of winning. In fact, she's never had a chance of even getting close.

In less than a week and a half, this will all be history. Sort of like Billy Beer and New Coke ... except a lot less historically significant.

Personally, with Chelene off the campaign trail, I don't know what we're going to do for even half the entertainment we've derived from her on this board during her candidacy.

In that spirit, and b/c we soon won't have her nauseating self-promotion to belittle on a daily basis ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db3eiK-WvPA
Old 10-25-2010, 04:14 AM

Quote:
In less than a week and a half, this will all be history.
I am not counting days, I am counting hours.

The ads in the last couple of days should not be allowed. Seems that at least a third of air time is some politicial ad, we should all know that most of the ads are part truth and mostly lies.
No matter how we vote, I don't think we will be better off. In some cases we could be a lot worse off.

Let me not forget to say how I dislike those who use race to get votes. As soon as a candidate brings race into the campaign I see desparation.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:21 PM

I'm considering SZ as a write in......
Old 10-26-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post

In that spirit, and b/c we soon won't have her nauseating self-promotion to belittle on a daily basis ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db3eiK-WvPA
I've never met anyone that loves themselves more than Chelene.
Her adoring sycophants will linger for just awhile and then go on their way too.

Then it will be back to "normality" for Chelene.

A radio commercial on KFI and a TV commercial? Sounds like a lot of money to me.

Yet she stiffed a family out of their honestly earned money and refuses to pay.
Gosh I like that! I'm going to vote for Chelene!!!!