Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > The Economy

The Economy Topics and information relating to the economy affecting SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-31-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
However illegal immigration is going to be resolved, no one on either side will be satisfied with the outcome, and there will be lingering pain and resentment.

You can take that one to the bank.
It is always good to read your posts, ilbegone. You always post in a reasoned and thoughful manner.

I am always kind of hot under the collar about illegal immigration because of what happened to my brother and his small business. I do not even pretend that I think I will be satisfied with what ever comes of the immigration out come.

When you are as old as I am it is difficult to adjust to the attidute of people these days. Seems no one can be civil any more and I am not talking about this forum.

I am glad you are here.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:40 AM

Last edited by Don; 10-31-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
It is always good to read your posts, ilbegone. You always post in a reasoned and thoughful manner.

I am always kind of hot under the collar about illegal immigration because of what happened to my brother and his small business. I do not even pretend that I think I will be satisfied with what ever comes of the immigration out come.

When you are as old as I am it is difficult to adjust to the attidute of people these days. Seems no one can be civil any more and I am not talking about this forum.

I am glad you are here.
Thank you for your kind words.

None of it is easy for me. "They" took over a former trade of mine, and a lot of people I know are out of work while government, education, and business cater to "them" to the exclusion of "us", and "they" have screwed up a lot of stuff. However, I do like some of them (I have previously stated that I'm in a weird place in my head with Mexican nationals, all at the same time I love them and I hate them all) and I'm particularly partial to Mexican women - I like Mexican women. And with Elena, there is a lot of "Mexico" in my house, but it's not Mexico.

In the meantime, it disturbs me when people - including some here - dump all my brown friends and Elena's relatives (over one hundred years and starting the sixth and seventh generations of the American experience) - who are citizens into the same "beaner bag" as illegals to be deported, just as it disturbs me when self appointed, race obsessed "Latino activists" presume to speak for everyone with a brown skin and Spanish last name while calling me a racist.

It does seem that all the rude practices of the freeway has worked it way into our general society. You won't let me merge, so I cut you off while flipping you the bird. Then you work your way in front of me and slam on the brakes, then try to prevent my progress to the front of you. So, I either work my way illegally into the car pool lane lane in order to pass you up just after I maneuvered you over to be trapped in the far right lane or I reach under the seat and pull out...

And if that doesn't quite describe our face to face manner, it certainly explains the results of anonymity on the internet.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-31-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Sometimes I talk to myself too... occasionally long conversations.

And since I don't use a blue tooth device I don't have a convenient excuse.

"on the one hand this, but on the other hand that, but on the other hand the other thing, but on the other hand something else, but on the other hand back to the first conclusion... now I'm really pissed!..."

It's kind of like the guy in Fiddler on the roof concerning his daughter who desired a forbidden marriage.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-31-2010 at 12:05 PM.