Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-03-2011, 03:43 PM

Default 34,448 Illegal Immigrants Spared Deportation

34,448 Illegal Immigrants Spared Deportation
In a perplexing development ignored by the mainstream media, the Obama Administration suspended tens of thousands of deportations last year and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano lied to a Senate committee to cover up the astounding figure.
Napolitano told the Senate Judiciary Committee that has oversight over the Department of Homeland Security that her agency halted the deportation of only 900 illegal immigrants in fiscal year 2010. She did admit that the figure could be higher because it excludes “deferred action” granted to illegal immigrants for “humanitarian” reasons.
Not surprisingly, Madame Secretary never indicated how much higher the figure could be, which may lead many to conclude that she purposely deceived federal lawmakers. It turns out that the Obama Administration halted the deportation of 34,448 illegal immigrants last year, according to Homeland Security figures obtained independently by a Senator (Charles Grassley of Iowa) who sits on the Judiciary Committee.
After the Senate hearing, which took place last month in Washington D.C., Napolitano’s own staff corrected her atrocious lie, according to Senator Grassley’s press secretary, who provided Judicial Watch with the accurate number. According to Homeland Security figures provided to Senator Grassley’s staff, the combined deferred action and paroles of illegal immigrants in 2010 amounted to 34,448.
This appears to be part of the administration’s secret amnesty plan in case Congress doesn’t pass legislation to legalize the nation’s 12 million illegal immigrants. Devised by political appointees at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the plan aims to enact “meaningful immigration reform absent legislative action.”
This includes delaying deportation indefinitely (“deferred action”), granting green cards, allowing illegal immigrants to remain in the U.S. indefinitely while they seek legal status (known as “parole in place”) and expanding the definition of “extreme hardships” so any illegal alien could meet the criteria and remain in the country.
Last summer the Obama Administration ordered authorities to stop removing illegal immigrants who are students while lawmakers craft legislation to officially shield them from expulsion. The move, which has spared an estimated 700,000 illegal aliens, came in response to nationwide rallies by defiant illegal immigrants protesting their eminent removal or that of their undocumented parents.
Judicial Watch has sued the Department of Homeland Security to obtain records detailing the stealth amnesty plan because the agency has ignored a federal public records request that dates back to July 2010.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...ed-deportation
Old 05-03-2011, 08:06 PM

What a nightmare. Further proof that the Whitehouse is occupied by a cockroach unfit to be a citizen, and very much less a president.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:10 PM
SOS Associate

They are a disgraceful bunch that have no respect for the common citizen.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:51 PM

Here is an example of those that they're giving a pass/amnesty to.

Colotl allowed to remain in U.S. for another year
As Jessica Colotl sat in a classroom taking a final exam at Kennesaw State University Tuesday, federal immigration officials sent word she can remain in the country for another year. Colotl, an illegal immigrant brought to this country as a child, was nearly deported to Mexico last spring following an arrest for a traffic violation on campus, but the federal government granted her a yearlong deferment so she could complete a degree in political science.
That reprieve was set to expire Thursday.
Colotl is among several illegal immigrant college students across the country who received temporary reprieves in recent weeks, according to published reports. Students living in Connecticut, Florida and Texas saw their deportations halted following a federal review of their cases. Federal immigration officials didn't have statistics on how many deferments occurred recently and wouldn't say if they are part of a conscious effort.
But the decisions follow a political push to suspend deportation of these students and pushback from some groups, who argue students like Colotl occupy space in America's colleges that should go to legal citizens. .
On Monday, as Colotl prepared to take her final exams, she said she considers herself an American.
"I think I deserve the right to be recognized as an American on paper because I believe in the American system and I believe in American values," Colotl said. "I am no different than any other American."
On Friday President Obama renewed his support for the DREAM Act, which would provide a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants like Colotl brought to this country as children. They would have to meet several criteria, including completing at least two years of college.
The bill has been introduced in multiple forms over the past decade, but has yet to pass. While it has bi-partisan support, some Republicans blocked it last year.
Supporters say these children have the potential to contribute to this country and should not be punished for their parents' mistakes. Critics say the bill provides amnesty to those who broke the law and that it could increase illegal immigration.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said last month deporting illegal immigrant students is not a high priority for the agency responsible for protecting the nation's borders.
."
Meanwhile states, including Georgia, are passing their own laws. Georgia lawmakers debated a bill to ban illegal immigrants from all public colleges but it did not pass.
That bill will be re-introduced, said Sen. Don Balfour, R-Snellville. He doubted the DREAM Act would become a reality.
"The DREAM is literally a dream and it's time for the federal government to follow the law," Balfour said. "I'm happy she's finally filing paperwork and following legal channels now, but let's not forget that the law is the law."
The deferment means Colotl can walk at graduation May 11. She picked up her cap and gown, but hasn't allowed herself to try it on yet.
She wants to remain in Georgia permanently. She plans to work at a law firm next year and then go to law school. Her deferment, which came as a surprise to her attorney Charles Kuck, included a provision that allows her to work, he said. She wants to be an immigration attorney.
Colotl scheduled three finals Tuesday afternoon and could not be reached for comment. She rushed to finish her exams before Thursday, the day her deferment was originally set to expire.
Colotl was 11 when her parents brought her here. Over the past year, the 22-year-old has been in and out of courtrooms and spent 37 days in a detention center.
"It's been a a nightmare and I can't wait until it's over," she said. "I'm a firm believer everything happens for a reason so I'm stuck in this situation and at the end of the day I'm going to see why it really happened to me."
Georgia has long debated illegal immigration and higher education, but Colotl's arrest re-ignited the issue.
There was public outcry that KSU President Daniel Papp spoke to federal officials on her behalf and that the college wrongly charged her in-state tuition. At that time, illegal immigrants were allowed to attend public colleges but were required to pay the higher out-of-state tuition rates.
The regents have since tweaked the policy and illegal immigrants can't attend any college that turns away academically qualified students. This applies to: University of Georgia, Georgia State University, Georgia Tech, Georgia Health Sciences University and Georgia College & State University. Illegal immigrants may attend other colleges, including KSU, provided they pay out-of-state tuition.
Colotl's legal troubles aren't over. Kuck said they will need to request another extension next year and was unsure if she would receive a third one.
"If I'm denied the opportunity to remain in the United States I will still have my education," Colotl said. "No one will be able to take it away from me because that is something I earned myself."
http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-poli...in-934097.html

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 05-03-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:47 AM

Jean, that is an important observation and suggests another strategy to stomp out illegals in the upper education system.

Where are these graduates going to get jobs? They can't become citizens and they can't seek employment. Anyone who hires them is breaking the law. If we can't stomp them going in to the educational system, we can at least stomp them going out.

What sense does it make paying for the education of illegal immigrants if they can't use the education they get? But here is a potential argument in favor: The upper education illegals get serves to advance them in their country of origin. But that doesn't make any sense either. Say you were to pay for illegals upper education on the assurance they would leave upon graduation. But we can't throw them out now as they enter upper education. We really should be able to throw them out as soon as we can see they are illegals when they apply for an education. But we can't even do that. The whole thing is turned completely on its head. Instead of having the opportunity to throw them out, we are obliged to pay for the education they applied for. How does anyone know that they are illegal when they apply?

But we at least have some momentum in policing the hiring of illegal immigrants and we can make a special effort to hunt down those exiting the upper education system as they try to look for jobs to punish those who would hire them.

This rat wants to become an immigration lawyer. But what is the possibility of an illegal getting a license to practice law in the US. Is that possible?
Old 05-05-2011, 10:47 PM

Here is another case that Holder is trying to use to stop deportations.

"This was an extraordinary measure by the Obama administration and demonstrates a clear commitment to nullify the Defense of Marriage Act," Mundy said of Holder's action. "It's a far-reaching victory not only for same-sex couples but for immigration reform."

The Obama administration in February said it would no longer defend the Defense of Marriage Act in court.

Holder wanted the immigration judges to reconsider the case before the federal appeals court took up the gay couple's constitutional challenge, said Justice Department spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler.

People who are facing deportation can ask immigration judges let them stay in the U.S.

To qualify for a "cancellation of removal," a person must have been in the U.S. 10 years and have a qualifying relative, such as an American citizen spouse or children. The person also must show good moral character and that the deportation will cause "exceptional and unusual hardship" to the qualifying relative.

Lavi Soloway, a New York immigration attorney and founder of Immigration Equality, a group that advocates for the immigration rights of gay couples, said he considers Holder's decision good news for gay people. Gay couples are barred from sponsoring their partners for immigration visas and denied other immigration benefits provided heterosexual couples.

"This is the right path. Until Congress can pass legislation to remedy this, the executive branch can and should act," Soloway said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1LYILiuhv