Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Social Scene > Sports

Sports Topics relating to sports

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-09-2010, 04:45 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Default Bad play / Great Commercials

Let's face it. The Lakers have been playing like crap. If their performance of the past few weeks is any indication of what we can expect in the playoffs, well, don't get your hopes up for procuring tickets for the second round of the postseason.

I saw the game yesterday against the Nuggets. It was painful to watch. What did lift my spirits, however, was this Steve Poizner commercial that ran twice on KCAL 9, during the contest.

http://www.youtube.com/user/stevepoi.../2/TGVMY-wZ3JQ
Old 04-09-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Let's face it. The Lakers have been playing like crap. If their performance of the past few weeks is any indication of what we can expect in the playoffs, well, don't get your hopes up for procuring tickets for the second round of the postseason.

I saw the game yesterday against the Nuggets. It was painful to watch. What did lift my spirits, however, was this Steve Poizner commercial that ran twice on KCAL 9, during the contest.

http://www.youtube.com/user/stevepoi.../2/TGVMY-wZ3JQ
I saw the game too. For one . . . Denver is a good team; two, Kobe and Andrew Bynum are out right now. They've clinched the conference spot with a guarantee that no other team in the west will pass them, so they can afford to sail the remaining games.

Poizners seems to be laying heavy on the illegal immigration issue, I've seen only two of his commercials and they're both about illegal immigration. If you argued that "it's called amnesty" with a liberal, they'll say "it's not amnesty if they're penalized ("paying fines, back of the line" etc.) He's got to beef up his other strong points or he'll be trounced by boocoo bucks Whitman.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:

I agree, the Lakers have been playing like slugs lately. Kobe is getting this 2 game rest. I have noticed that he really is not up to his past playing. Like the comenters say 'he has a lot of milage'. I sure wish he could stay like that energetic twenty something he used to be. It was a pleasure to watch him. Sorry to say I don't think they will win the title this year.

I would never vote for that awful Whitman. She is spending so much of her own money like she wants to make sure she wins. I think it can be called buying your own election. I mute everyone of her commericals.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I agree, the Lakers have been playing like slugs lately. Kobe is getting this 2 game rest. I have noticed that he really is not up to his past playing. Like the comenters say 'he has a lot of milage'. I sure wish he could stay like that energetic twenty something he used to be. It was a pleasure to watch him. Sorry to say I don't think they will win the title this year.

I would never vote for that awful Whitman. She is spending so much of her own money like she wants to make sure she wins. I think it can be called buying your own election. I mute everyone of her commericals.
Colby is just fine. lol. Just ask the Celtics
Old 04-10-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I agree, the Lakers have been playing like slugs lately. Kobe is getting this 2 game rest. I have noticed that he really is not up to his past playing.
He's been playing with 3 different injuries for the past several weeks (knee, ankle, and index finger) geesh - give the Mamba a break.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN View Post
Colby (Kobe) is just fine. lol. Just ask the Celtics
The fun is just beginning
Old 04-10-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
He's been playing with 3 different injuries for the past several weeks (knee, ankle, and index finger) geesh - give the Mamba a break.
Hey, I am not knocking on Kobe, he is the only reason I watch basket ball. He is his worst enemy, he should have taken more time off for those injuries.
I would love to see them win the title again this year.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Archer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMyOwn View Post
The fun is just beginning
Yes it has.

Coldbie should have retired after the rape.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:32 AM

There is a good article about Kobe's injuries on the LA Times front page of the Sports section.
I take it that Cain feels about Kobe the same as I do about Palin, hence all the misspelling of is name. Lakers have clinched the home court for the finals so let us hope he will take all the rest he needs.
Now, on to todays game.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN View Post
Yes it has.

Coldbie should have retired after the rape.
Why?