Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-13-2010, 12:16 AM

Default We are not a racists. We are realists.

I am a legal tax-paying worker in California.
I was born in CA. I now work in an overwhelmingly Hispanic workforce. I am deep-in-tune with the trends and attitudes that dominate this workplace atmosphere.
Let me tell you, that there is a "club" to which I do not belong. (and cannot, because racially, I am "white")
This "club" dominates the workplace radio, workplace food, the workplace hiring practices, and most importantly the workplace attitude. I cannot enter this "club", because me and my family have lived here for over 100 years.
In order to become a member of this "club", you have to be recently or not-at-all certified as a legal resident of the USA, speak Spanish, and be a subject of repression in the midst of political opportunities.

To examine the root/source of the problem, I basically blame two types of people....(1) those business owners who are willing to hire cheap illegal labor.....and (2) those politicians who allow this to happen by refusing to enforce the laws.

Unfortunately I cannot blame those desperate (Hispanic) men and women who take advantage of our "relaxed" and "soft" enforcement of state and federal labor laws, this includes the border laws. It's almost like they are being baited to jump the border.
But I do still hold the accountable those who defy the written law....for laws are laws....and here in the USA, we are supposed to stand proud of these Laws.....in fact these "laws" are supposed to protect our freedoms.
It seems though, that if these laws are not enforced, our freedoms are only guaranteed as-long-as our non-citizen neighbors are allowed an equal prosperity chance, if their home country fails it's duty to their population.

=Randall=

Last edited by Randall; 06-13-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:36 AM

Illegal immigrants are scum. They need to be hunted down and thrown out of the countries the sneak into and especially the United States. We need to treat them and think of them as the contemptable criminals that they are. They have no dignity and no arguments granting them any deserve any kind of respect.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Illegal immigrants are scum. They need to be hunted down and thrown out of the countries the sneak into and especially the United States. We need to treat them and think of them as the contemptable criminals that they are. They have no dignity and no arguments granting them any deserve any kind of respect.
My point was....they wouldn't come here in droves, if there weren't jobs waiting for them.
Stop illegal hiring practices = stop the flow of illegal entry.

It's just like drug smuggling....if there is a demand, the drugs will arrive.......stop the demand, the drugs stop arriving.

=R=
Old 06-13-2010, 09:54 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
My point was....they wouldn't come here in droves, if there weren't jobs waiting for them.
Stop illegal hiring practices = stop the flow of illegal entry.

It's just like drug smuggling....if there is a demand, the drugs will arrive.......stop the demand, the drugs stop arriving.

=R=
I'm not in agreement here. Part of the problen with drugs is that they are introduced and cultured to create more need and market. You supply them at reduced rates first while your market becomes more dependent, and later you raise prices. Illegal labor is pretty much the same.
I also believe that all the illegals would not stop being attracted here until the social services and support dries up nearly in totality. They are a dependent bunch.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I also believe that all the illegals would not stop being attracted here until the social services and support dries up nearly in totality
I agree.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I'm not in agreement here. Part of the problem with drugs is that they are introduced and cultured to create more need and market. You supply them at reduced rates first while your market becomes more dependent, and later you raise prices. Illegal labor is pretty much the same.
Well.....being a daily witness to low-cost labor - and it's addictive qualities...
If one business hires cheap labor, they will be able to underbid their competitors.
So in order to stay alive as a business, all similar businesses hire this newly available cheap labor...and a price standard is set, based on cheap labor. It is like they are "addicted" to cheap labor, and there is no going back.

Now, the next step beyond that....for even cheaper labor, is to hire those without proper documentation. Those workers are so glad to be hired at all, they seem to work the hardest....they have found an employer that "works with their situation".
But now, their competitors need to find similar illegal work-arounds.....to stay competitive.
And it all becomes an addictive standard hiring practice.

There ARE several ways to get around hiring illegal aliens, legally....because nobody (govt.) really checks the records/documentation deeply enough.

We need more enforcement, in the hiring process.

=R=
Old 06-13-2010, 12:39 PM

The only solution that will work to confront illegal immigrants is to confront their basic criminality and police against their simple presence. It doesn't make any sense to wait around for them to commit some additional crime, like looking for work, and throw them out then. Why should they respect the law when we don't?

We must hunt down and throw out anyone who is in this country who does not belong here. It must be an aggressive and proactive campaign. Until illegal immigrants taste real fear of law enforcement for the simple reason that they are on US soil without anyone's permission, we will have an illegal immigrant problem.

And it is not just illegal immigrants who need to learn to be afraid, it is also any non-citizen who is in the country legally or any naturalized citizen who associates with illegal immigrants. Anyone who is not born of two US citizens who aids or abets an illegal immigrant needs to be subject to being stripped of their citizenship and deported. This would most certainly and especially mean somebody who hires an illegal.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
We must hunt down and throw out anyone who is in this country who does not belong here. It must be an aggressive and proactive campaign.
I agree.But who does not belong here ?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
My fricken point is.....who wants to come here legally, vs illegally. ??
Old 06-16-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Many people who do not "belong" here can be allowed to be here. But we do need to be able to throw out, at a moment's notice, anyone who does not belong here. The only people who belong on US soil are US citizens, the rest are privileged guests with rights extended to them for the protection of citizens only.