Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-14-2011, 10:40 AM
SOS Associate

Default Mobile Billboard Event For StopAB131 Initiative Proposal

Tim Donnelly's STOPAB131 initiative will likely be cleared for circulation soon. In addition to using it up here in Sacramento as an attraction for signature gathering, we are proposing a mobile billboard tour, bringing it down to southern California for a week or two for the same purpose. The sign has always acted as an attraction for our effort, and the correct wording is likely to draw tenfold the amount of possible registered voters when collecting signatures.
Generally we be looking for the following:
1( funding. Sorry to have to ask, but I cannot finance anything right now. I'm going to calculate the minimum amount required for fuel, mileage, and lodging. That's pretty much all we'll need. The calculations would be based upon the 1 or 2 week tour, and the intended destinations

2) Locations, locations, locations! We need input from everyone who knows of a spot where large numbers of righteous minded voters accumulate, that would also have allowable parking for the billboard. (truck and trailer are about 40 feet long) This time we are not aiming to stir up opposition, so we would be looking for pro enforcement/border security strongholds, instead of alien saturated one's. But...as a kick off or finale, I would do one of those too.

3) warm bodies for gathering in the locations selected. Basically, activism. You can stand around looking pretty and let the sign draw them to you, or call to the passer's by. You can organize a signing event with several others,(I was thinking of partnering up with Robin for a tour)

So that's the basics. It would be great to have a reunion of sorts using this as the schtick
Old 10-14-2011, 11:15 AM

This is such a fantastic idea. One of our best!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:54 AM
SOS Associate

SOS to hold another contest for STOP AB131 billboard slogan.

You all remember the contest we had for the original mobile billboard slogans?
We're going to do it again. We need as many good ideas as we can get, and we need input from as many people as possible to guide us as to the best message to put on there. We'll be announcing the contest soon, and I'm trying to put links to facebook on that particular thread so outsiders can chime in. I've got a couple ideas for prizes, and we'll also be soliciting for judging committee. I'll be offerring Donnelly's stopAB131 committee a place on the judging panel, as well as two SOS associates and maybe another from an associate group

Get those cobwebs out of your creative attics, and plant some thoughts in there. Harvesting season will be upon us soon
Old 10-17-2011, 08:44 PM
SOS Associate

OK, now for the bad news,

We'd have to raise a minimum of 2 thousand dollars to make the tour a reality. When I say a minimum, that's the bare minimum. That would allow us about 10 days of signature gathering, and 4 days of travel. We could catch los angeles county, orange county, san bernardino county, riverside county, San Diego county, and Santa Barbara county, doing 2 days in each one, and one morning and one afternoon/evening gathering event in each county.
This is really a bare bones tour too, as I would be dependent upon using some campgrounds to stay at, and hopefully a few people might have some secure areas to park the trailer in a few nights.
sorry the news isn't better, but fuel is high these days.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
sorry the news isn't better, but fuel is high these days.
Sorry to say, that is what has always hampered our efforts.
I am finding just how much our citizens love ILLEGAL. That seems to be what every one (most) wants these days.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Rebel

Well if everyone would chip in perhaps it could be a reality. You know you can count on me for at least $100.00, how about the rest of the people who spend so much time on this board typing? Come on folks stop talking the talk and start walking the walk.
circa 1974