Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-13-2010, 08:53 AM

Default Stop amnesty!

WRITE: OBAMA, SCHUMER, GRAHAM
NO AMNESTY

FLOOD THE MAIL ROOMS WITH NO AMNESTY LETTERS BEFORE THE PRO-ILLEGAL ALIEN MARCH ON THE LINCOLN MEMORIAL, WASHINGTON, DC ON SUNDAY, March 21, 2010

NOTE: Visit Numbers USA STOP AMNESTY In Four Days: http://numbersusa.org/

President Obama, Senator Schumer (D) NY and Senator Lindsey Graham (R) SC have formed an unholy alliance - promoting amnesty. Articles below.

Write Obama and Senators Schumer and Graham. Tell them: support American workers, NO amnesty!

Mail a letter or postcard:

President Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
http://www.whitehouse.gov/
FAX: 202-456-2461

Senator Charles Schumer
313 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
http://schumer.senate.gov/
FAX: 202-228-3027

Senator Lindsey Graham
290 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
http://lgraham.senate.gov/public/ind...tion=Home.Home
FAX: 202-224-3808

We The People California's Crusader http://californiascrusader.com/
Old 03-13-2010, 08:55 AM

Obama pledges support for Schumer, Graham on immigration
By Michael O'Brien - 03/11/10 06:25 PM ET
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...on-immigration

President Barack Obama vowed to continue partnering with congressional leaders on comprehensive immigration reform.

Obama, after a meeting with Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who are working to craft a comprehensive immigration bill, pledged support for the senators and other leaders to craft an immigration reform bill.

"Today I met with Senators Schumer and Graham and was pleased to learn of their progress in forging a proposal to fix our broken immigration system," Obama said in a statement following the meeting. "I look forward to reviewing their promising framework, and every American should applaud their efforts to reach across party lines and find commonsense answers to one of our most vexing problems."

Schumer and Graham have been working to put together a bill to win bipartisan support, upon which some congressional leaders have hoped to move this year.

Obama said that he's optimistic that a coalition of grassroots groups was "building momentum" for reform, and said he'd partner with Schumer, Graham, and community leaders going forward.

"I told both the Senators and the community leaders that my commitment to comprehensive immigration reform is unwavering, and that I will continue to be their partner in this important effort," the president said.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:57 AM

Obama Promotes Amnesty

Obama backing of immigration overhaul 'unwavering'

By DARLENE SUPERVILLE (AP)
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...WudyAD9ECNQKG0

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Thursday assured immigration advocates frustrated by the wait for a promised overhaul of U.S. immigration laws that he remains committed to fixing a system he has said is broken.

What remains unclear is whether Congress will send him a bill this year.

Obama also met separately later in the day with Sens. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., who are drafting a bill. Obama said afterward in a statement that he "looked forward to reviewing their promising framework."

Obama said he told the senators and the advocacy groups that "my commitment to comprehensive immigration reform is unwavering, and that I will continue to be their partner in this important effort."

The immigration issue is an important one for Obama, who has promised to work to solve the problem. Hispanics voted heavily for Obama in the 2008 presidential election, making the difference in key states like Florida, and their votes will be critical in the November midterm elections when Obama and his fellow Democrats will be fighting to maintain control of the House and Senate.

Latino voters who don't think progress is being made on the issue may not go to the polls.

After meeting for more than an hour with Obama, immigration advocates told reporters they want Schumer and Graham to at least release their blueprint before a planned March 21 demonstration at the Capitol, with a bill introduced in the Senate soon after.

The relatively short timetable for getting major legislation out of Congress in a midterm election year is one obstacle to getting a bill that combines tougher border enforcement with a pathway to legalization for the estimated 12 million people in the U.S. illegally.

"We had a very good discussion about the difficulties," said Eliseo Medina, executive vice president of the Service Employees International Union. "I think the president is well aware of it. So are we."

Medina said the groups also want to discuss the issue with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and House Republican leader John Boehner, R-Ohio.

Clarissa Martinez de Castro, director of immigration and national campaigns for the National Council of La Raza, said Obama told the groups he would make a statement with Schumer and Graham when they release the blueprint.

"It is undeniable that presidential leadership, greater presidential leadership is needed, and the president committed to doing that," she said.

Angelica Salas, director of the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles, said the president agreed to help get a legislative framework out before the rally. She the groups also discussed enforcement.

"We want results," Salas said. "That's what we're going to be expecting in the next couple of weeks."

Associated Press writer Suzanne Gamboa contributed to this report.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:59 AM

PRESS RELEASE

Senator Graham Press Release

Contact: Meghan Hughes (202-224-5972) or Kevin Bishop (864-250-1417)

Date: 03/11/2010
http://lgraham.senate.gov/public/ind...9-4dacf3c31b6e

Graham Meets with President on Immigration

WASHINGTON - U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today met with President Obama and Senator Charles Schumer (D-New York) to discuss immigration. President Obama invited the Senators to the White House.

"We had a productive meeting with the President and provided him with a status report on our work on this issue.

"Our framework remains a work in progress. The President welcomed the framework and indicated that he needs time to review the structure. We will share our ideas with our colleagues in the weeks ahead, so we can finally solve this difficult problem. The one goal above all others I am committed to is making sure our efforts break the seemingly endless cycle of illegal immigration once and for all.

"Senator Schumer and I have explored some ideas on how we could effectively move forward on this issue. This includes living up to our commitments to secure the our nation's borders, pushing to move our nation toward a biometric Social Security card to ensure illegal workers cannot get jobs, creation of a temporary worker program and a rational plan to deal with the millions of illegal immigrants already in the United States.

"Senator Schumer and I also noted to the President our progress in completing the framework has been slowed by issues we need his team and him personally to actively engage on. The President committed to help resolve outstanding issues as well as seek bipartisan support for moving forward. These include 'virtual fencing' along the southern border which has proven much more complex and difficult to implement than originally expected. The Administration must make this a priority as securing our borders is a confidence building measure in the eyes of the American people. I also encouraged the Administration to become engaged with the unions on the creation of a temporary worker program which meets the needs of business community.

"I expressed, in no uncertain terms, my belief that immigration reform could come to a halt for the year if health care reconciliation goes forward. For more than a year, health care has sucked most of the energy out of the room. Using reconciliation to push health care through will make it much harder for Congress to come together on a topic as important as immigration.

"Senator Schumer and I told the President we will continue to work on this issue. Our immigration system remains broken and in desperate need of repair. We need workable and enforceable immigration laws that protect our national security and our economic well-being. Success on a comprehensive solution will require a broad, bipartisan coalition working together. We understand building that coalition will require time and strong leadership and involvement from the President, the business community, labor and all corners of American society."

Old 03-13-2010, 02:10 PM

Does anyone here really think sending these morons anything will make a difference
The strategy is to get the ones in the middle , the ones we might have a chance with.

The idiots that re elected Grahmnasty are a major blame in this mess

Forget Durbin , forget the hard core libs that are bought and paid for by mexico

Keep in mind , this is nothing but another "HOLDING ACTION" that we may or may not win

There is only one real way to fix this and you all know exactly what it is.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:26 PM

They won't even have their mail delivered until they give the go ahead. Their phones will be busy. What a joke!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:16 PM

I don't think and I certainly hope Amnesty will be the worst failure of the Oboma administration. Don't concentrate on a few of the law makers, do all you can with ALL of them including Obama him self.