Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-30-2013, 09:24 PM

Default video documentation of the McKeon office visit.

Enclosed is the link to the McKeon office visit.

http://wethepeoplerising.com/2013/08/28/mckeon-visit/

The person that I'm talking with is Morris Thomas, McKeon's district director in Santa Clarita.

The confrontation was about why McKeon was was hiding his meeting schedule from us.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 08-30-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:13 AM

Greg, I wish you could have been with us when I was street active. You are doing a great job, I hope you can keep it up. It is so sad that more of us are not out there with you.
I don't believe there is a politician out there who cares any thing about the US. All they want are Dollars and Votes.
Best of luck.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:31 AM

A couple of things which struck me:

The aide's weaseling about meetings which were open to the public but McKeon's office had stated that no meetings were scheduled for any week of the weeks that Greg had callled.

The aide's further weaseling by stating that picking a single phrase out of context could make any speech say anything a detractor wanted it to. On the face that is true, but words have meaning and if it is a direct quote from one of McKeon's speeches, that "everyone needs to be legalized", it more likely than not means that McKeon is at least tossing out a trial balloon concerning amnesty. This is a little different than a few years ago when the politician from Santa Clarita facetiously said something like "well, then I'm a racist" - which was swiftly ripped out of context, blown way out of proportion and I believe seriously damaged his political career.

Then the aide sidesteps the fact that McKeon is the elected representative of those present to petition McKeon concerning immigtration issues by stating that McKeon is an Armed Services committee mucky muck and that he hasn't heard from other mucky mucks on committees concerning immigration. However, those congressmen represent their own constituencies, not McKeon's, and McKeon is supposed to hear the petitions of his own constituents because he debates and votes their concerns on proposed legislation. It is through him that his district has a voice. If he doesn't care to hear the voices of his constituents, as conflicting as those voices may be, then he needs to be replaced with someone who will at least pretend to listen.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-31-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:47 PM

Thanks for the reply Rim, and Ilbegone.

I Went to a very interesting meeting in Santa Clarita last night. It was a Republican committee group. The Santa ClaritaTea Party kind of disbanded and took over this group. I was invited to it by one of the guy's that went to the McKeon office visit. There were several people from the McKeon office visit that were at the meeting last night. They told me that the Santa Clarita Republican committee use to be a McKeon strong hold, but the Tea Party members forced them out through an election in the group. Apparently the members of this Republican Committee in Santa Clarita can't stand McKeon, and McKeon's strength no longer resides in Santa Clarita, but has moved to Simi Valley. McKeon's political base is through the Mormons in Santa Clarita and Simi Valley.

The guy that I was arguing with in the video was Morris Lewis, McKeon's district director. They told me he use to be a lawyer and they think that he was disbarred. They told me that he use to work for the local newspaper the Santa Clarita Signal, and that's why the Signal refused to print my letter to the editor.

I gave up on the Signal printing my letter about a week before the meeting, and I drew the conclusion that they wouldn't print the letter because they wanted to protect McKeon. Several people at the meeting confirmed my conclusion.

Apparently there's a lot of nepotism in Santa Clarita, and most of it revolves around McKeon and his wife, and the Santa Clarita Republican committee/ Tea party can't stand him. They also said that McKeon's power here is greatly diminishing.

While in the meeting, the district director that we met with, said "McKeon is 75 years old, and we would be doing him a favor by not returning him to Washington".

This is fueling thoughts that McKeon won't run for reelection.

During the last election, McKeon had challengers, and his support is no where near as solid. His wife ran for the State Senate, and she was defeated, by the Tea Party favorite Scott Wilke.

All of this points to a weakened McKeon power base.

One just hopes that McKeon won't vote for amnesty as the last thing he does in office.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 08-31-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:32 PM

Wow, talk about dancing a little two step!!! I would have blown a gasket had I been there. He was so condescending, typical political crap!!!!