Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-27-2013, 03:51 PM

Default Recapping the day.

What a day, I am exhausted from this whole week!

We were betrayed terribly!

Not one Democrat crossed party lines and stood against the amnesty, yet 15 Republicans crossed over.

Talk radio also was largely MIA.

This week I got up earl and started calling Senators from 5:30-8:30 every day this week and emailing for 2 to 3 hours in the evening.

We didn't crash the phone lines today, but we did overload them. and several times on 8:05 and 8:18 the capitol switchboard was closed and just said "All circuits are busy".

We flooded their phone lines yet they refused to listen.

I just requested a meeting with my congressman, Buck McKeon, I'll let you know if I get a meeting.

I'm exhausted, but I am happy that I gave it my all. I don't think there was any way through our words or by the call volume that would have kept the Senate from betraying the Nation. I guess I could have just ignored the whole thing, and have had the same out come, but I'm glad I gave it my all and hopefully it sent a strong message to keep it dead in the House of Representatives.
I guess the drive for amnesty from the cheap labor lobby and LaRaza type groups will never fully die.
We were not successful in defeating the bill. but hopefully many of the Senators that betrayed us will have to face some blow back in their home states.
It's a good feeling to stand and fight and make it hard for your enemy.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 06-27-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
We flooded their phone lines yet they refused to listen.
Just because the phone lines were jammed doesn't mean that there wasn't a shout down from the other side of the issue.

You never really know what motivates politicians (besides money and power), they could be acting from personal conviction, maybe people from all over the country or just their own constituency persuaded them one way or another, or they might have sniffed at the political winds and sold their souls to whichever way they perceived the wind to be blowing. I don't believe a one of them is impervious to being bought off, whether with suitcases full of money or a tacked on provision their constituents want but has nothing to do with the goals of the legislation... which politically helps the politician come election time...

Any which way you look at it, there's a lot more more than eight dirty pairs of hands in the senate.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:32 AM

Yes, you can't fully trust any of them.
I've been getting information from my contact at FAIR. She says the Senate bill is dead in the House. If the House does a bill, it will have to be voted on in the Senate, and a House bill wouldn't pass the Senate.

She says the House members have warned Boehner, that if he tries to pass a bill with the Democrats and a few Republican votes, Boehner will lose his speaker ship. You can't be 100% sure of a betrayal, but she believes the bill died in the House.

She also told me that the Republican Senators who voted for the bill did so for the business and Agra-business interests, as we all know they are representing the endless flow of cheap labor. The Congressmen still need to represent you and I and as of yet not the illegal aliens. Divided government is very sweet.

If you want to, do as I did and call your Congressman and request a meeting. Let them know in your own special way amnesty and a betrayal won't be tolerated. whether your congressman is a Democrat or a cheap labor Republican they will still have to be cautious with you. Just to be sure I wrote and called to schedule an appointment and they know I'm very against the Senate bill.

Illbegone, I think the Congressmen are aware of the battle that just went on in the Senate. My Fair contact said the calls to the Senate were 15-1 against the bill. Sessions said in his office they were 20-1 against the bill. I believe the House members are aware of the clamor that we made, and I can't believe they are that corrupt to bring the same reaction upon themselves. Self preservation is a driving factor for most politicians, and I'm optimistic that elections are too soon for Congressmen to try and slip one past the unwary public.

There is one example I would like to mention. About three weeks ago a certain California Republican Congressman tried to slip an amnesty for illegal aliens who entered the military. It was entered into a bill and Numbers USA sent out an alert and because of the high call volume, Boehner or whoever quickly pulled the amendment. It is my opinion that this particular amendment was a test to gauge public awareness, to help decide if it was safe enough to slip one past us. The fact that they quickly pulled the amendment shows me that I don't think they want to test us.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 06-28-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:19 PM

This issue sickens me and makes all Americans put into a sad situation.