Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-11-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
Yes but none of these mere mortals are anything like our beloved Chelena.
I will bet you a Krispy Kreme double glazed doughnut that Chelena runs for something within a year or two.
Ah, Chelene can't stay out of the spotlight for long.

However, what Rimo said is interesting. Almost no one from the past is supporting her. That's really sad, because I would have walked on broken glass barefoot for her at one time. And what ruined things, her cult-like adoration of Ron Paul.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I gotta say, I thought about building a fake news camera from a cardboard box, complete with some half assed looking 8 millimeter film spools and a hand crank on the side, set the whole thing on a tripod made of walking canes and then using some chalk, stencil a spot on the ground in front of the camera that said "place Drama Queen here", and wait for Chelena to come up the sidewalk and start cranking the thing. The icing would have been to have one of those jack-in-the-box tunes playing and have him pop out too.
but alas, when I saw how bad things were going during her walk, I just let it go. She's done more to assassinate her own character with this death march than I could have accomplished in a year.
You can still do it. Chelena will not give up where lesser beings will.
There will be another opportunity to see her in action, reveling in the warmth of the lights and camera as her loyalists cry out to her for deliverance from the evils of the republican and Democrat parties.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post

However, what Rimo said is interesting. Almost no one from the past is supporting her. That's really sad, because I would have walked on broken glass barefoot for her at one time. And what ruined things, her cult-like adoration of Ron Paul.
At some point we all loved her for her courage, her spirit and her commitment.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:46 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
I will bet you a Krispy Kreme double glazed doughnut that Chelena runs for something within a year or two.
Yes, she's going to be running for cover. Bills to pay; No one to borrow from; and a public image to keep out of harms way(this one is perceived)
Old 09-11-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Yes, she's going to be running for cover. Bills to pay; No one to borrow from; and a public image to keep out of harms way(this one is perceived)
Hah! I can tell that you will be buying me a Krispy Kreme double glazed doughnut in a year or so. Just you wait. I'll be singing the old "I told you so" tune.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:36 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
You mentioned Chelena running for office again after this, and if history is any guide, I still say no. During the recall of Davis, we had scores of longshot candidates pulling a nightingale, and after having reviewed them, I don't see that any of those one-hit wonders ever did anything remotely close to runnung again. The stripper mary Carey...gone. Pete Camejo and Gary Coleman both died. Pull any name from that hat and you'll be hard pressed to see a continuation of politics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
Quote:

Davi, I'm in agreement with Derek and Frank. I think Chelene is very likely to run again.

For the most part, for her election strategy, Chelene has forsaken the largest population concentrations in California, and has focused her efforts on the Central Valley where she "owns" (insofar as candidates seeking statewide office are concerned) this one issue about the water. She has, in very predictable Chelene fashion, made "allies" and "friends" there.

That section of our state is perfect for her little following to grow and/or fester. You have a large collection of California's population there that is more conservative than the rest of the state, and in many ways, find themselves revolted by the things they see going in San Diego, LA/OC and the Bay Area (in the same way as many of us are revolted). Further, people in these areas have less formal education (Chelene has always had more long-term success w/ folks who don't have college degrees or aren't very bright - think Janet, Mike and Jeff), on the average, than you find among voters along the coasts.

If she runs for some office in Tulare, Kings or some other county near those two, I wouldn't be stunned. The only catch is she'd have to move, and I really don't know if she's willing to do that.

But Nightingale will be back. Chelene has a voracious appetite for people to tell her how great she is and to run her mouth and have people listen. If it isn't a run for office, it'll be kicking off some new group or organization where she can best utilize these new sycophants she's systematically acquired during her campaign run. Chelene's gift/talent is organizing. She, quite admirably, can get things up and going. Further, she manifests enough charm to keep most folks around for a reasonable temporary length of time. There's no reason to suspect that she'll stop doing these things any time soon, to benefit herself.

The bad news about this is that it'll probably keep her far too busy to make efforts to earn some extra money and make good on her debt to Frank.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 09-12-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:10 PM
SOS Associate

well tell me then; what would she run for? A step backwards would be assembly or senate, and those offices, being closer to the working man, would require Chelena to run against someone else that didn't consider her campaign a joke. Real questions and answers; real history research; I know that she realizes she cannot pass herself off in the real world of politics. That is why she doesn't field questions now. City council or something.....uh...maybe, but like you say that's not going to be in So Cal, and if she moves she'd be an outsider with only this phony gov campaign to try and steamroll with. Plus, her husband has been managing the household without her for quite some time, and her kid is supposedly homeschooled, and let's face it; schooling takes up several hours a day to do it right, He might be behind a grade or two now, but taking another campaign up right after would set the poor kid back quite a bit.
No...I don't see it. I see her covering up. She's got to do something with Franks debt, and she cannot BK it out for another 7 years. this run for gov has had to set them back at home, unless she's pocketing campaign funds. I say she's done with public office
Old 09-12-2010, 07:49 PM
"SZinWestLA"

There are no "steps backwards" for her. She hasn't won anything. She's never held elected office ... or even appointed office. And insofar as "joke" status, she'll remain one so long as she's part of the Constitution Party. And that's not a reflection on Chelene. With the exception of Ross Perot, no one in modern American politics, other than an incumbent going independent, is taken seriously unless he's a Democrat or Republican. And unlike even the Greens or Libertarians, no one's ever heard of the Constitution Party.

Besides, I think it is fair to expect the AIP folks to ask her to run again. If no one else likes her, they should. She's run admirably. From their perspective, they have to be terribly happy with her. She got practically no real financial assistance. Nonetheless, she has shown up at these Mickey Mouse functions and small gatherings for months on end. Chelene has shaken a lot of hands, doled out a goodly number of hugs, built up a carefully crafted internet presence, and really done the best she could. I'm sure they've had a lot of folks they've offered up to California voters in the past who put forth a fraction of the effort Nightingale did.

If you're a small independent party, you can't ask any more of someone you can't finance to the extent that she has even an outside shot. Whatever her other failings (many of which have been enumerated in this thread), you can't accuse her of mailing it in. They'll ask her to run again.

Hiding and teaching kids at home without the roar of the crowd and people seeking her wise counsel? You must be talking about some other Chelene Nightingale.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 09-12-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:25 PM
SOS Associate

Most people, and politicians for that matter would see running for state assembly a step backwards after running for gov, but that's hardly worth arguing over anyway. You may have forgotten Chelena's normal turnaround time for wearing out her welcome somewhere. Eventually even a hard core devotee gets on her bad side, and with all the fiercely independent types withing the AIP/Constitution party being prone to lash out at the slightest infraction by government, it follows they do so within their own group, as evidenced by the already present splits you can read about between individuals who were previous party favorites.

Quote:
Hiding and teaching kids at home without the roar of the crowd and people seeking her wise counsel? You must be talking about some other Chelene Nightingale.
First off, she hid out from Frank's attempts to serve her with a summons, so I know she's quite willing and able. Second, kids cannot be shelved indefinately, Especially so when a know-it-all parent like Chelena is unable to hold that facade any longer in the kids eyes. when he discovers that mom is full of it, there's going to be lots of trouble. So she either has to prove herself in that arena or her life with him is going to be a daily battle that could dwarf the one she's had with those of us who discovered that she was full of it.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post

Besides, I think it is fair to expect the AIP folks to ask her to run again. If no one else likes her, they should. She's run admirably. From their perspective, they have to be terribly happy with her. She got practically no real financial assistance. Nonetheless, she has shown up at these Mickey Mouse functions and small gatherings for months on end. Chelene has shaken a lot of hands, doled out a goodly number of hugs, built up a carefully crafted internet presence, and really done the best she could. I'm sure they've had a lot of folks they've offered up to California voters in the past who put forth a fraction of the effort Nightingale did.
I agree with SZ. Chelene has worked her butt off and has built some name recognition for herself. There is a second chance waiting for her and I do believe that she has outgrown the "ordinary" street activism that she came from. It is conceivable that she may switch to Republican again in order to get in with the big boys now that she understands that the AIP/Constitution parties keep their candidates in penury as a norm.

She may want to step up to the front of the buffet line by reinventing herself as a Repub in order to "save California".