Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-13-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
penury

Defined by Merriam-Webster as "a cramping and oppressive lack of resources."

Quote:
I agree with SZ. Chelene has worked her butt off and has built some name recognition for herself. There is a second chance waiting for her and I do believe that she has outgrown the "ordinary" street activism that she came from. It is conceivable that she may switch to Republican again in order to get in with the big boys now that she understands that the AIP/Constitution parties keep their candidates in penury as a norm.

She may want to step up to the front of the buffet line by reinventing herself as a Repub in order to "save California".
Good God, Frank, imagine if she runs to the Republicans after badmouthing them so viciously in this campaign?

She needs to humble herself and run for something local. Isn't she based in the Santa Clarita Valley? Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that area lean to the conservative end of the political spectrum?

I think she would have done better running for a House seat or a California Senate/Assembly seat. However, ego drives her more than common sense.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post

Defined by Merriam-Webster as "a cramping and oppressive lack of resources."

Good God, Frank, imagine if she runs to the Republicans after badmouthing them so viciously in this campaign?

She needs to humble herself and run for something local. Isn't she based in the Santa Clarita Valley? Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that area lean to the conservative end of the political spectrum?

I think she would have done better running for a House seat or a California Senate/Assembly seat. However, ego drives her more than common sense.
Chelene doesn't live in Santa Clarita Valley, she lives in the Palmdale/Lancaster area. Palmdale/Lancaster is basically flat desert. Big difference.

I live in the Santa Clarita River Valley, which is the long valley that starts in Santa Clarita's mountainous hills and ends at the ocean in Ventura.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:25 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
It is conceivable that she may switch to Republican again in order to get in with the big boys now that she understands that the AIP/Constitution parties keep their candidates in penury as a norm.

Interesting idea but I don't think landing in the GOP for Team Nightingale will be happening anytime soon.

Why, you ask ...

A. The Republican Party vets its candidates. If the bankruptcy didn't sink her, the chemtrails and detention-centers-for-political-dissidents-in-the-Antelope-Valley stuff would.

B. Even if she somehow enjoyed some popular uprising during a primary (a la Tea Party), the GOP wouldn't give her a plug nickel. She's a stone's throw away from being a conservative Lyndon LaRouche with her Alex Jones website conspiracy nonsense.

Chelene sort of has that Groucho Marx problem goin' on: I wouldn't join any club that would have me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

By the way Davi, we seem to have a disagreement as to this issue but I sincerely hope that you are right and I am wrong.

Your scenario is much better than mine. In a perfect universe (well, a better one anyway), Chelene will just disappear from public view. Her conduct and the substance of what runs out of her mouth (specifically, conspiracy nonsense and defamation of decent activists) is an ongoing embarrassment to this organization. It's almost hard to believe we ever had anything to do with her.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 09-13-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Chelene doesn't live in Santa Clarita Valley, she lives in the Palmdale/Lancaster area. Palmdale/Lancaster is basically flat desert. Big difference.

I live in the Santa Clarita River Valley, which is the long valley that starts in Santa Clarita's mountainous hills and ends at the ocean in Ventura.
Thanks for the correction Jean.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
It's almost hard to believe we ever had anything to do with her.
Not really. Chelene reveals one side her and just enough information to dazzle prospective followers. This ensures that people know only what she wants them to know about her. Then when people discover the rest of the story (thank you Paul Harvey), they become disillusioned and voice their anger. Once they do that, then Chelene calls them traitors, moles, yaddah, blah, etc. To which those that owe her allegiance happily parrot without any thought as to what might or might not be the truth.

One of the best things I ever did was join NMI which exposed my to the other side of Chelene, and to read about her from other people's perspectives. After that I had a more cautious view of Chelene. Not to mention what happened at American Apparel 2. However that is another topic.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
Thanks for the correction Jean.
Yes Pocho the future Queen of the universe lives in Palmdale and it was mostly conservative until a few years back. The area has changed as we received a tremendous influx of illegal aliens otherwise known by the local politicians as "immigrants". The Antelope Valley (Palmdale, Lancaster, Rosamond) is no longer a conservative Republican stronghold.

You're lucky that you don't live here. It was once a great place to live.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Yes Pocho the future Queen of the universe lives in Palmdale and it was mostly conservative until a few years back. The area has changed as we received a tremendous influx of illegal aliens otherwise known by the local politicians as "immigrants". The Antelope Valley (Palmdale, Lancaster, Rosamond) is no longer a conservative Republican stronghold.

You're lucky that you don't live here. It was once a great place to live.
No, I'm in Glendale now, and this place might as well be called Little Yerevan.