Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > United States Federal government

United States Federal government Topics and information relating to the federal government of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-31-2011, 07:06 AM

Default The "Secret" PATRIOT Act (NSA CIA UFIA)

I'm pretty sure I heard about this years before the PATRIOT Act so the article may have other facts sort of mixed up. But who am I kidding? It is the best article on some of the unconstitutional spying I've come across.

Then again we no longer control our government, our war department, or our borders. I would imagine, whoever or whatever, new world order they are working for, it is probably just the way they do what ever they please. After all. They can afford it. They use our money.

The "Secret" PATRIOT Act

Written by Thomas R. Eddlem
Thursday, 14 July 2011 00:00

During the U.S. Senate debate over the PATRIOT Act renewal on May 24, Senator Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) told his fellow Senators: "There is secret law where, in effect, the interpretation of the law, as it stands today, is kept secret. So here we are, Senators on the floor, and we have colleagues of both political parties wanting to participate. Certainly, if you are an American, you are in Oregon or Colorado, you are listening in, you want to be part of this discussion. But yet the executive branch keeps secret how they are interpreting the law."

Secret PATRIOT Act? What was Wyden talking about?

The American people aren’t allowed to know. But they got a taste of how it could be used to suppress freedom a month later, when the New York Times reported on June 16 that former CIA supervisor Glenn L. Carle accused senior Bush administration officials of trolling secret CIA files for negative information about one of its public critics, University of Michigan Professor Juan Cole. Cole is the author of a popular blog that had criticized the Bush administration’s Iraq policy. The Times reported that David B. Low, the National Intelligence Officer (NIO) for Transnational Threats at the National Intelligence Council, asked Carle in 2005: “What do you think we might know about him, or could find out that could discredit him?” After being rebuffed for making an inappropriate request, Low continued:

“But what might we know about him?... Does he drink? What are his views? Is he married?”

Carle rebuffed the request again, stressing that it was illegal. But the next day, the New York Times explained, when Carle was “on his way to a meeting in the C.I.A.’s front office, a secretary asked if he would drop off a folder to be delivered by courier to the White House. Mr. Carle said he opened it and stopped cold. Inside, he recalled, was a memo from Mr. Low about Juan Cole that included a paragraph with ‘inappropriate, derogatory remarks’ about his lifestyle.”

“I couldn’t believe this was happening,” Carle told the Times. “People were accepting it, like you had to be part of the team.”

Snip...

Nothing to Ignore

But there’s nothing laughable about a naked attack on political critics using secret intelligence. U.S. intelligence agencies currently have the capacity to download everything “from” or “through” the Internet, including private e-mails, web traffic, and telephone records. According to a May 23 New Yorker article by Jane Mayer, the NSA has indexed private Internet data in a “Google-style” searchable database for intelligence agencies to use. The Juan Cole incident is the first public case where the office of the President allegedly used U.S. intelligence agencies to gather dirt on its critics in the media or of rival politicians since Richard Nixon’s “enemies list” in the 1970s.

Snip...

Wiretapping Without Warrants

The gap Wyden is describing is vast; it’s the size of the entire Internet. The amount of data that the NSA is pulling from the American people can be culled from budget documents for the multi-billion-dollar data centers the NSA is building around the world. The NSA is now building multi-billion-dollar data storage facilities in Maryland, Utah, Texas, and even the United Kingdom (where the NSA culls Internet data generated abroad). The 1.5-million-square-foot Utah facility alone, which broke ground in January, will store data in the yottabyte range.

Snip...

Here is a link for the article in its juicy entirety;

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/pol...tq-patriot-act
Old 07-31-2011, 12:25 PM

I have been saying since the 2nd Bush adminstration that we are being spyed on. No one in my circle will believe me. I have NO personal information on the web and that is how it will always be.
Thanks for the information.