Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-20-2011, 12:29 PM

Default Mapping America: Every City, Every Block

Have you guys seen this? It is a map of the United State showing different data from the 2010 Census put together by The New York Times.

Put in your zip code for information on your block.

Use the view more maps for things like rent changes or income.

http://projects.nytimes.com/census/2010/explorer?ref=us
Old 02-20-2011, 02:05 PM

Wow, that's really interesting. I did my address, and came up with 73% Hispanic. Ya, that's really diversity, no that's an invasion.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:33 PM

That sounds pretty diverse. :-)

White is 32% where I'm at.

If you scale the map just right you may be able to see the boundary lines. The boundary lines are also interesting for some of the other categories like rent or rent change.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:20 AM

Default Mine.

Hey Guys:

As many know I live in New York State. I'm in a county North West of New York City, West of the Hudson River and North of the State of New Jersey. Our county is small comparatively.

I checked the census status all around me and here's what the results are.

Just to the North is a Village that is old and essentially a ghetto.

White-8%
Black-42%
Hispanic-46% * ( Blacks and Hispanics combined + 88%. )
Asians-1%
Other-3%

My Village, which is upscale.

White-64%
Black-17%. Most blacks are professionals, homes north of 1/2 million dollars
Hispanic-9%
Asian-7%
Other-3%

Village South East of me where I do a lot of my shopping:

White-91% *( Most Irish, it's an Irish ghetto, upscale )
Black-0% *( That's not a typo. It's zero )
Hispanic-6%
Asian-3%
Other-0%

Other surrounding Villages East, West, North West and South of me are:

White - 73%, 89%, 72%, 79%.

One area is overrun with Hassidic Jews who are all white.

Essentially the region is upscale with expensive homes which the common blacks and Hispanics can't afford. Median income is over $80,000 in the county.

The one Village that has a preponderance of blacks and Hispanics is very old with old small homes and cottages where the blacks and Hispanics pile up. It's a dump. There is now underway an urban renewal project to essentially gut downtown and replace it with high rise apartments and condos. It has both state and federal financing.

I have written to the County Executive warning him to expect to see the illegal aliens to try to pile into the new structures and he tells me "they are "working" on it.

Last edited by wetibbe; 02-21-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Hey Guys:

As many know I live in New York State. I'm in a county North West of New York City, West of the Hudson River and North of the State of New Jersey. Our county is small comparatively.

I checked the census status all around me and here's what the results are.

Just to the North is a Village that is old and essentially a ghetto.

White-8%
Black-42%
Hispanic-46% * ( Blacks and Hispanics combined + 88%. )
Asians-1%
Other-3%

My Village, which is upscale.

White-64%
Black-17%. Most blacks are professionals, homes north of 1/2 million dollars
Hispanic-9%
Asian-7%
Other-3%

Village South East of me where I do a lot of my shopping:

White-91% *( Most Irish, it's an Irish ghetto, upscale )
Black-0% *( That's not a typo. It's zero )
Hispanic-6%
Asian-3%
Other-0%

Other surrounding Villages East, West, North West and South of me are:

White - 73%, 89%, 72%, 79%.

One area is overrun with Hassidic Jews who are all white.

Essentially the region is upscale with expensive homes which the common blacks and Hispanics can't afford. Median income is over $80,000 in the county.

The one Village that has a preponderance of blacks and Hispanics is very old with old small homes and cottages where the blacks and Hispanics pile up. It's a dump. There is now underway an urban renewal project to essentially gut downtown and replace it with high rise apartments and condos. It has both state and federal financing.

I have written to the County Executive warning him to expect to see the illegal aliens to try to pile into the new structures and he tells me "they are "working" on it.
Who do you think they're going to hire to construct those high rise buildings? You can bet your years pay that it will be mostly illegals. Then they'll send a good portion of it back to Mexico or south of the border somewhere.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:24 AM

Default Hiring

A couple of years ago the mayor of that slum ghetto personally went to a notorious day laborer hangout and hired a bunch of 10 or so to clean out a building in the project area, on main street, that had been condemned and taken by eminent domain. It was a furniture store with a basement containing dirty black water. The Village public works employees wouldn't go in there without some environmental hazard investigation. Some of the day laborers refused to go down as well. But they did remove the furniture to someplace.

An alert newspaper reporter caught the mayor and printed a lengthy article. ICE did absolutely nothing. The New York State Department of Labor got wind of the event and ordered that prevailing wages be paid to the day laborers *( In New York State, state or Federally funded projects require a DOL wage scale be paid to everyone. It is essentially union wages. Non-union contractors are bound by law to pay it too ).

The Village Board argued the case and tried to hold the mayor personally responsible for the extra payments since he operated independently and outside of the councils sight. He also violated the Public Employees Service Union contract by hiring not only non-union help but paid them $10 per hour which is about 1/2 of the laborer prevailing wage scale.

So the whole upshot of it all was that the day laborers got their pockets filled more with tax payers money and the mayor was voted out of office. The new mayor is a female, Haitian immigrant, the first Haitian mayor in New York state. That Village, incidentally, has a vast number of Haitian immigrant boat people. So the census about blacks isn't all African Americans it is significantly Caribbean blacks who jabber Creole and French. Many signs on main street are in French and the taxis all have French names on the doors.

Last edited by wetibbe; 02-22-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
A couple of years ago the mayor of that slum ghetto personally went to a notorious day laborer hangout and hired a bunch of 10 or so to clean out a building in the project area, on main street, that had been condemned and taken by eminent domain. It was a furniture store with a basement containing dirty black water. The Village public works employees wouldn't go in there without some environmental hazard investigation. Some of the day laborers refused to go down as well. But they did remove the furniture to someplace.

An alert newspaper reporter caught the mayor and printed a lengthy article. ICE did absolutely nothing. The New York State Department of Labor got wind of the event and ordered that prevailing wages be paid to the day laborers *( In New York State, state or Federally funded projects require a DOL wage scale be paid to everyone. It is essentially union wages. Non-union contractors are bound by law to pay it too ).

The Village Board argued the case and tried to hold the mayor personally responsible for the extra payments since he operated independently and outside of the councils sight. He also violated the Public Employees Service Union contract by hiring not only non-union help but paid them $10 per hour which is about 1/2 of the laborer prevailing wage scale.

So the whole upshot of it all was that the day laborers got their pockets filled more with tax payers money and the mayor was voted out of office. The new mayor is a female, Haitian immigrant, the first Haitian mayor in New York state. That Village, incidentally, has a vast number of Haitian immigrant boat people. So the census about blacks isn't all African Americans it is significantly Caribbean blacks who jabber Creole and French. Many signs on main street are in French and the taxis all have French names on the doors.
Thanks, I remember reading about something like that. Maybe you posted it somewhere when it happened. Yes, this stuff has happened again and again and again. But now that everyone is so broke, the eyes are on the money and more are speaking up.